Meow Flawless Feline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dayna- can we see pics of the finished walls when you're done? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sunny- I'm sure you'd find something that will suit your needs and preferences from those 3 brands. Let us know your reviews!

Qwerty- sadly, I haven't tried Milan yet. Hoozey is telling me I should, so I just might pretty soon. I really think Milan is doing a good job of catering to women of color (like me!), it kind of gives them a specialty instead of being a jack-of-all-trades, which is not bad at all, it's just that having a MMU company specifically catered to women of color makes them stand above the rest. I will let you know when I do.

Hoozey - I was wondering if Meow would be too dry for you... It's very matte compared to most other MMU foundations I've tried and one reason I like it is because it won't melt/go shiny on me as the day goes on.

These days I am preferring 3:2 Naughty Angora and Naughty Chartreux. (The Chartreux is more yellow/golden than Persian) I can also wear Naughty Chartreux on its own, but I prefer adding yellow.

Fickledpink - those are good sampling suggestions from periwinkle! And make sure you get "Naughty" shades, because I think Frisky would be too light for you (that's if LMGold in Lumiere is too light).

Thanks Peri and Lilita. I'm on Meow's site right now picking out samples :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope I find a good match!

Would you say the FF formula has the same coverage as Lumiere's VV?

The FF is very good coverage, but so you know - the texture is different from Lumiere VV. Meow FF is matte, and takes a bit more time to meld with your skin. (Damp application is the best method IMO) Lumiere VV is creamy/velvety and the coverage is instant.

Periwinkle, Candace at Milan is really one of the nicest - she lets me change my sample order after I emailed her about ordering too many dark shades. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really made my day. Fortunately, the advice from Lilita and Hoozey got me running to test shades, and I discover I have been ordering colors I *desire*, not what I am, and I would look quite weird in them. :add_twinkle: I have ordered samples and full sizes of Lumiere, Mineral Basics, Meow and Milan (...uh-oh, sounds like I'm hooked...) and I'll share my experience after I've tried them. Shipping will probably take a while though, because of the changes. Oh, I can't wait!

Aileen-

Right now I am only doing white primer so my hubby can tell where he needs to put more joint compound on. Then I will be painting walls but we won't be doing ceiling and lights and floor for a while. I'd like to do the floor and drop ceiling in one room- where we are going to put the pool table, but I think DH is tired of being stuck in the basement on weekends, especially with the weather turning nicer soon. It's a full basement so a lot of work seeing it was only stud walls. He is thinking about finishing walls and starting on ceiling/tile next fall/winter. I may work on him about doing the one room so we could put the table in there and enjoy that- right now the lighting isn't the best and it's in another room. We are going to do a deep red paint and I am thinking a suede kind where it has that neat tone on tone finish. I am even willing to help do the tiling- as long as he gets me started and then will do the ones that need cut. I can't really do the ceiling seeing I am "vertically challenged" :moa:Anyway, right now, it's boring white primer and concrete. Nothing exciting right now.

I sent you some Milan to at least get a feel for it- so hopefully you'll get that soon.

Lilita-

I hate to say it but I think you're right about Meow even being too dry. I did the b/a sticky today and it's not bad but just a little tight feeling. :frown: The photos aren't great because the weather is rainy. When I touch my face - it's like nothing but skin feel. I just have this dry, dry skin. Aileen and I talk how we need to morph our skins and then we'd both have perfect skin. I guess this is my payback for never having to deal with oilies, now that I'm an old lady, I'm overly dry. :laughing: I don't blame the MMU because I know it's just my insane skin. I am glad I held out before ordering full sizes. Still, I can absolutely see why you and others would love Meow. Thank goodness there's lots of companies to try so that we all get our "fit."

LOL. I can so relate to this!!! I still don't really know what I *am*... I think I know what makes me look good, and I know what I like/don't like, but if there is a more perfect match than what I'm using right now, I may never know what this is...

Qwerty,

You'll be surprised at how fast you'll still get the Milan! I love that you are sampling so many and we all love to hear everyone's thoughts and comparisons. I think that is what makes this forum so valuable. I have learned a wealth of information in the few months here and found so many products that I am thinking "what did I do before I had this?" because they are so part of my routine now. Definitely in the foundation you want to find a match, not what you desire but when it comes to the other colors, go WILD and have fun. I think that is one of the pluses of minerals you can make them as intense or sheer as you want. :rockwoot:

pebo, thanks for the recs re the lumilips...they sound really good too. I'm gonna try them, I just love lipgloss/glazes...you can never have too many! :rotfl:

Icecookies-I was born in Hong Kong, but have lived in the US since I was 17 mos. My husband and I adopted our 2 daughters from China-our oldest is from Jiangsu Province and our youngest is from Anhui (both Eastern provinces, S. of Beijing) We are "first adopters", ie: we didn't try for bio children first, I knew from the time I was about 5 that I wanted to adopt and luckily my husband was on board too. We have been to Shanghai, Nanjing, Hefei, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. We are taking them back in a couple of yrs. and will go to Beijing and spend more time traveling and sightseeing since they will be the right age (ie: not babies!). I love China-people are so friendly, food is out of this world, but they are the craziest drivers I've ever seen! Why was Gvieve living there? How lucky for her! I can't wait to go back, the only thing is the jet lag home is horrendous. Takes about 2 full weeks to recover. Hope that wasn't too much information!

Hi Ruby what a coincedence! She adopted 3 children first but also had 3 of her own (her and her husband) said when the last 3 are older will adopt more for them to have family. They lived in Shanghai and other places from her husband's work and she sais the same thing as you. Favorite thing was the people. :laughing:

Memaize!!!

Love your Sig message and the wisdom that flows from that message is so profound! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Icecookies! Wow, that is wonderful about Gvieve. I love to hear stories of how families are formed through adoption. Shanghai is a very beautiful city, they call it the "Paris of the East". Very fashionable and trendy as compared to other regions of China.

The Big Cats over at Meow are giving the "Lynx mix" some serious thought! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I have just ordered FOUR f/s tubs of more Angora, Persian and Chartreux! :screams:

Lilita-

Is the "lynx" mix still your color or is it Angora/Chartreux? I take it that the f/s tubs are the ones you ordered during the sale and not MORE. I am sure you'd love to just order the lynx and not have to order multiples for your color. I am a little disappointed that Meow wasn't for me because I wanted those TUBS. :rotfl:

Hi Hoozey - Angora/Persian is "peachier" than Angora/Chartreux... and I am liking Angora/Chartreux more because it's more "yellow". So if they are going to release a new shade that is essentially yellow with a bit of peach, I'm all for it!

I've just ordered loads of samples from them. Can't wait for them to arrive!!

Meow! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've only used Monave CF, what would be the equal shade in Meow Flawless of Hyeyeon and Saturnina? I'm asian and have strong yellow undertone. Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

m over u-I only wear hyeyeon and I can wear N. Abyssinian in Purrfect, N. Angora in all 3 and a 60/40 mix of N. Angora and N. Chartreux in Purrfect. I am also Asian w/strong yellow UT's!

Back