Meow Flawless Feline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! I'm a MMU newbie, and after reading the reviews on MUA, I decided to try out Mineral Basics and Meow. I am so impressed with the efforts you ladies have put in to find the HG, and thanks so much for sharing the info.

I read so much about Lilita's chart, and her tireless efforts at mixing, matching and testing, I wonder if there is a link to it somewhere? She really ought to be featured in her own thread/blog! :g:

Btw, has anyone ever ordered a sample of the Fierce Angora? The color swatch is not up on their website and I'm curious. I ordered a naughty Angora myself, plus a few darker samples to try. I'm light-medium Asian, and I'm worried the N. Angora is too light, as I read elsewhere that Meow's makeup tends to be on the lighter side.:cheer2:

The fierce colors are pretty dark. I Fierce Korat and it was cocoa brown when applied wet. The Angora is a little softer but N. will probably do well. Good luck!

Lilita is so great about describing MMU!! She's my hero. :laughing:

Oh stop it!!! :icon_redf

Hi Qwerty, I don't have Fierce Angora but have ordered a sample. I don't think N. Angora would be too light for you. (the Frisky shades, run light, Naughties are ok) My guess is that if you are light-medium, you'd probably be somewhere in between Frisky and Naughty.

Oh but you are a great help! Thanks SO much for shedding some light. I'm definitely getting the tub of FF Frisky Chartreux, and I will jump blindly and order a Naughty Chartreux as well!

Thanks for the recs, hoozey and Lilita.:angel: I might have erred - I was asking for Fierce everything for sampling (can't resist owning something "fierce"...:add_twinkle: ), but fortunately, also a full size N. Angora after reading Lilita's posts, since I wasn't too sure about buying a full size Fierce Angora without any pix or testimonials. I'm Chinese, but think I look better tanned:sunshine: , i.e., more Polynesian. Wonder if the Meow ladies would agree to switch colors if the order hasn't been shipped? Anyway, N. Angora really seems to be a must-have, a great foundation for mixing other colors to find that HG. That sort of yellow is very difficult to find in most regular base/foundation - I have to pay for expensive Japanese brands to get that right shade in my skin. :whistling: I'm curious what a Fierce Angora/Yellow would look like - if and when I receive it in the mail, I'll post a swatch. Cheers!

I don't know if I missed this, but...have you ladies ever tried mixing formulas? Like mixing FF with Pampered? I want to get Pampered instead of FF for my Naughty Chartreux, I just want to know how a mix of both looks like. I tried mixing Original with Elemental of LaurEss and it didn't look very good. TIA!

Lilita, you get me all excited hearing you talk like that...all that meow talk about frisky and naughty...my heart starts beating faster any time I read one of your comments re this, lol :rotfl: . I was disappointed again today...no mu in the mail for me today...boohoo. I guess I'll have to wait a while since the Meow "closing" is going to affect my order, does anyone know if they're back to work yet? I also ordered samples of Luminess, Elemental, Pure Luxe, Lumiere's FF, EDM in original glo (last time I got the intensive), I know there's more but I just can't seem to remember right now. I went crazy on the sample-thing again...and just when I thought the sampling craziness was over...maybe it never stops, the madness I mean:vogel: . Since they were all ordered over the Easter weekend, guess they'll all come around the same time. Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that I ordered fs tubs of Monave's Caroline and Kerrie and a couple of e/s; turquoise, tierra dark and cocoa...can't wait for these too. I just keep hearing great things about Monave...Periwinkle seems to love it and some others too, what do you think of the Monave original foundation formula? :rockwoot:

Hi Sunny. Just wanted to relay to you that I've used both of Monave's foundations and loved both of them. You definitely have the best coming to you, Lumiere FF, Lauress Elemental, and not sure which Meow version you ordered but that's a great line too.

Icecookies, I ordered the Purrfect Puss; and I'm also very excited about all of my orders. I feel like I've saved the best of them for last...:rockwoot: thanks for the input on the Monave!! :rotfl:

hi sunny - I liked Monave's foundation but not a HG for me personally. I prefer light-feeling foundation that I can pile on my face without looking or feeling cakey/heavy/dry and I found the CF emphasized my lines and pores too much. (I haven't tried the original formula) Which is a pity because HYEYEON was a great shade for me in winter. Not so much now though because I'm darker. Monave has some wonderful stuff - the Angel FP, lipglazes, Glow powder are really nice!

Qwerty - I'm a tanned chinese too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And Naughty Angora is great! I am VERY CURIOUS about Fierce Angora... (did you get a sample of this, Hoozey? Does it still look yellow?)

On a side note, I tried out Lauress Elemental's PURE YELLOW last night - I thought it was going to make me look jaundiced because it looked so yellow in the jar... but surprisingly it worked! It made me realize that my neck is yellower than I thought... Hmmm I don't know if that's a good thing or not. (I'm not sure now that I want my face to match my neck too exactly...)

Periwinkle - glad that helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilita, how does the Monave lipglaze compare with to the Lumiere lumilips? thanks for words on the Monave foundation, I also don't like the dry/cakey/matte look, more of the dewy/glowy kind of girl... :rotfl:

hi Sunny - Monave isn't too matte (this is the CF I'm talkin about) I think you'll like it! It has a soft sheen to it, but not superglowy.

BTW I love both the Monave lipglazes and Lumilips equally! I haven't thought about comparing them, LOL. I guess the Lumilips is less thick, its's more liquid and glides on smoother. Hmmm... maybe somebody else here can offer a more detailed review/comparison?

Well...the darker samples wont work either! Too too light! I ordered 4 of those and 2 of the others to mix and they are all too light. Looks like Monave will be getting my money for full sizes

So now I'm stuck with these two colors

FF 2-Frisky Chausie and FF 1-Sleek Chausie if anyone can use these PM me and I'll mail them to you in the US

hi sunny,

popping in here with a quick comment re: lumilips vs. monave. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

from the few samples i've tried, i think the difference is pigmentation. i'm not sure if the monave i got was the glaze vs. the gloss (got periwinkle's favorite 'honey' ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

the lumilips are very very sheer. not alot of pigmentation. also, the monave "does" have a scent (which unfortunately, my nose didn't seem to handle too well. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the colors were beautiful, tho) the lumilips have NO SMELL...yipeeeeee! i got almost all the colors, and really like them.

sorry this post was a bit jumbled, gotta run and get dinner on the table! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hope this helps a bit, tho!

good luck!

I really want to try Meow but there are so, soooo many shades I'm confused!

Anyway, hope you ladies could help me choose my colors. I have light-medium Asian skin. I tried Lumiere in VV, LM golden was too light and Medium golden was a tad too dark. In Everyday Minerals Light Winged Butter matches me ok for now but I do get quite tan in the summer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks

Sunny, Monave isn't matte at all! In fact, that's what I love about Monave, it's the creamiest-looking foundation I've ever tried. I have yet to try another MMU that can match Monave's staying power. I like Meow but it seems to fade on me by the end of the day even with a good primer. But Monave can last a whopping 12-14 hours on me without retouching. I am talking about the regular foundation. What I like about Meow though is that it feels and looks so light, like I have nothing on. Lauress is the most velvety of all MMU I've tried. It looks creamy too, but feels like you don't have anything on as well. You gotta try these other brands, I have them all because different days call for different needs.

You sound like you have Lilita's skintone. She uses the "Lynx mix" which is 3:2 ration of Naughty Angora and Frisky Persian (Lilita, you said you're not using this nowadays? Are you using Chartreux now?). You can also try samples of Angora, Persian, Chartreux and Abyssinian so you can mix and match.

periwinkle, Have you tried Milan foundation as well? How does it compare to the Monave? TIA! :g:

Aileen, now I'm REALLY excited to get my Monave order, I'm happy I ordered the fs too cuz it sounds great!! I also did order fs of Meow, and have a good feeling about frisky-angora being a good match for me...keeping my fingers crossed. I also ordered samples of the Elemental...I think I'm gonna love this one too, have been hearing great things about it. :rotfl:

Lilita-

I didn't get a fierce Angora. I only got fierce in Korat and it was yellow/brown in jar but cocoa when applied wet. Of course considering I am a frisky korat- it's understandable that it would be way too dark. Korat seemed on that I needed to go lighter, whereas many of the Naughties were closer in other shades. Make any sense?

I am going to do Meow again but not sure I will post b/a because it is realy drab outside and may not portray the best on film. I really want to see if Meow is too dry for me. I swear I am a desert compared to everyone here. I haven't had a single MMU not stay because I seem to produce no oil. Like you, I found that Milan definitely had to be scrubbed off in comparison to others.

Peri-

You should really try Milan. It has very good staying power. Wait until you get the latest goodies from me though- sent yesterday.

Boy, you all were busy last night posting while I was priming walls in the basement. Only got one room done with two coats and was whipped. 4 more to do. At least I got the biggest one done. I will still have to do more primer but the hubby wanted to see where he was at as far as mudding/sanding- then I'll be doing all the painting. Least I can do seeing how much time and effort he's put into it.

Back