Michael Moore: SickO

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i just watched an Oprah segment dedicated to health care and Michael Moore's documentary. I don't know what to say because frankly, I was never really bothered with it. Back home the way things work, in respect to health care, is very very different from the American system. However, I will say that a lady, in Oprah's audience, brought up a very valid point that soldiers, who are willing to die for this land, aren't being given the health care they deserve. their families are also in the same boat.

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif So i just watched an Oprah segment dedicated to health care and Michael Moore's documentary. I don't know what to say because frankly, I was never really bothered with it. Back home the way things work, in respect to health care, is very very different from the American system. However, I will say that a lady, in Oprah's audience, brought up a very valid point that soldiers, who are willing to die for this land, aren't being given the health care they deserve. their families are also in the same boat. Yep Grace that is true. My Ex was a Veteran and going to the Veterans Hospital was a JOKE. All they do is prescribe pain pills. You have to wait many hours and many weeks to get appts. There is only one Hospital in the entire Bay Area for Vets. My Ex was injured when he jumped from a plane and needed a surgery on his back. They kept giving him reasons why they didn't want to do it. All invalid reasons. I used to sit in the waiting room and watch Vets sell their pain pills...

Originally Posted by empericalbeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif However, I will say that a lady, in Oprah's audience, brought up a very valid point that soldiers, who are willing to die for this land, aren't being given the health care they deserve. their families are also in the same boat. And that is crying shame.
nono.gif
Sometimes it really is an embarrassment to the rest of the world, when the most powerful country cannot even give all their soldiers proper protective gear, so when they get injured they are sometimes sent to dilapidated moldy hospitals. In war times like this, they should be given the very best of services and care, not the bottom of the barrel. Our boys (and gals) need and deserve more than that.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif And that is crying shame.
nono.gif
Sometimes it really is an embarrassment to the rest of the world, when the most powerful country cannot even give all their soldiers proper protective gear, so when they get injured they are sometimes sent to dilapidated moldy hospitals. In war times like this, they should be given the very best of services and care, not the bottom of the barrel. Our boys (and gals) need and deserve more than that. Yes. and I don't even want to think about what will happen to my son-in law in 5 weeks. It scares me. Really scares me.....that he will get hurt and not have what he needs. He asked us to send tampons. Apparently they use them to pack wounds. I can't explain how upset I am about this.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yep Grace that is true. My Ex was a Veteran and going to the Veterans Hospital was a JOKE. All they do is prescribe pain pills. You have to wait many hours and many weeks to get appts. There is only one Hospital in the entire Bay Area for Vets. My Ex was injured when he jumped from a plane and needed a surgery on his back. They kept giving him reasons why they didn't want to do it. All invalid reasons. I used to sit in the waiting room and watch Vets sell their pain pills... Your are right about the VA hospital. My aunt and uncle are veterans and all they have is pills.

Back