Midsummer Swap 2014 Fairy Central Casting Call and Lounge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was given my first fairy assignment yesterday and I thought I would bounce right off of the bed!  Perhaps I need to get out more!  I went and bought five large calla lily plants today...that counts, right?  (I will get them planted eventually, but the deal was too good to pass up--they were overstocked and put their $20 five gallon plants on sale for $3!  I did not need the enablers thread for that decision!)

@@puppymomofthree How did you get your assignment? PM? Just want to make sure I'm not missing the notice, because I too need to get out more and I've been stalking this thread just waiting for a project :couch: !

@@puppymomofthree How did you get your assignment? PM? Just want to make sure I'm not missing the notice, because I too need to get out more and I've been stalking this thread just waiting for a project :couch: !
Sorry, I just meant a FGM asked me via PM to contact her FGD with a question. That is mostly what we will be doing until shipping time--then it will all be about tracking information and any other assignments our queens decide on for us (keeping track of who has received gifts, etc.)--but mostly just tracking notices and delivering other messages.

The pixie dust just fell on me too...First fairy assignment, woo hoo!

The only organized thing about fairying is the list of fairies!  There won't be any official public call for help aside from maybe someone posting in the discussion thread that they're in need of a fairy, and in that case, just send them to the first post of this thread.  

I'd like to sign up for the swap! Can my name be Princess Duochrome?
Being a Fairy is like being an elf for Secret Santa. It's not exactly directly part of the swap. You're basically a go-between for Godmothers and their Godchildren. Have you read the first post in this thread? It outlines Fairy duties. The swap itself has closed for signups, and matches have been handed out, so we've moved on to stalking our Godchildren and Fairying for Godmothers. If you would like to be a Fairy, you can still do that, but I wanted to make sure you knew what you would be getting into.

Being a Fairy is like being an elf for Secret Santa. It's not exactly directly part of the swap. You're basically a go-between for Godmothers and their Godchildren. Have you read the first post in this thread? It outlines Fairy duties. The swap itself has closed for signups, and matches have been handed out, so we've moved on to stalking our Godchildren and Fairying for Godmothers. If you would like to be a Fairy, you can still do that, but I wanted to make sure you knew what you would be getting into.
Really? Guess I'm oblivious, I thought I had signed up to be a part of the swap as well. Oh well.

You're in the signup thread did you not fill out the Google doc?

You're in the signup thread did you not fill out the Google doc?
See, I thought I did and did everything right, but I guess something went wrong. Shit happens :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And I also managed to not be subscribed to a few threads that I had been previously (I guess with the site going through the big change things got cray cray) so I have just been sitting around, thinking, "oh I wonder when I'll get my match! La-Di-daaa " lol- that was density on my part, I should've put 2 and 2 together. Got that foggy tired mom brain lately!
Super sad I won't be spoiling one of my old buddies from sesa13 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oh well, always next year I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back