Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lita! I’m still a total newbie when it comes to MU so I tend to stick to more subtle-type looks. This was one I just kinda threw together on a whim, my blending is TERRIBLE, lol.

0 MY SAiL! ur eyes r beautiful! i wish i could do eyeshadows like that! did u create a tutorial or something?

Ummm... I've only been using milan straight for the last few days and noticed it.

It may well have happened with other ones I tried too. But my memory keeps on short circuiting every time I try out another brand. LOL.

i've tried doing a few more facial scrubs and clay masks to get rid of them, but so far it's not really working.

Any suggestions about how to minimise the flakies from showing? there are just little spots where it seems like some mmu was caught up... if you get what i mean. doesn't sound all that great when i describe it like that though =/

Sailalong - I am more of a "subtle-look" girl, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (except for lipstick LOL) I think you look great.

Geminisc - I wish I knew! I exfoliate everyday and am using squalane underneath my M/U which makes my skin feel extra moisturized, but I still get dry-ish around the nose and cheeks.

Farris2 - I think this is because Milan minerals is for "women of color". Candace said she used to make foundation shades for caucasian ladies but these shades didn't sell, so she decided to focus instead on colors for asians, latinas and black ladies. (AND caucasian ladies with yellow undertones)

It doesn't look like any of the colors would really work for Asian skin tones. The Lauress yellows and golds I think would be much more pleasing and compatible for you Geminisc. Also Meow Frisky Chartreuse and Meow Naughty Angora look as if they would be good for you.

Some mineral foundations are more irritating to the skin than others. A good thing to have as a main ingredient especially for sensitive skin is Zinc. That is also why I love Lauress.

Yeah, I've been considering the Lauress Yellows. I haven't finished sampling the other Lauress samples I got last month, so it doesn't seem 'right' that i should order more - at least from the same company. haha.

The other thing about Lauress is I never got the application right. I loved the texture, but it always seemed to 'sit' on my face a bit, with some white edging? if that makes sense? When I took photos to compare it looked good. But when I stared at myself in the mirror I was never sure.

I've got some frisky chartreuse coming, but i don't think I ordered any of the angora. it seems like a lot of effort to go and email the owners to add a few things onto my order, especially considering they're a bit preoccupied right now with moving and such. I know, I'm so lazy. LOL

Did you use a dry brush and how much did you use. Maybe if you play with the amounts you will find what will work best for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Overall I have been most pleased with Lauress yellows and the golds as a very close second option.

I would then select Meow as my favorite the Pampered Puss Naughty Angora (for the yellow tones) mixed with Frisky Chartreuse (for the Peach tones).

Sailalong-

Your eye's look lovely. The colors are intense but so subtle and pretty looking. Great job.

Gemininsc-

I loved the feel of Milan and how so little was required to cover but my skin is super dry and I found it just got worse wearing Milan foundation, even when I boost the squalane use and all that kind of stuff. I think that's why I still run back to Lumiere FF because it is the only one that doesn't feel dry on my face.

Hoozey - I know what you mean. I LOVE Milan's coverage too. But I am also worried that it might dry my skin out. I've noticed a few dry patches, but I was thinking it might be due to the lavender hydrosol I purchased recently. My skin has a love hate relationship with Lavender =/ I'm wondering if I put some oil on my face, if that will help solve this problem. I'm currently eyeing some products at GoW. *grin*

Cozawa - I thought I replied to your msg last night, but I don't see it, so obviously I got too distracted and forgot to post! I've used a kabuki brush, flat top, spritzed both of those with hydrosol, and I think even tried to apply it with a makeup sponge (not flocked) while mixed with water. all time i didn't seem to get the application right. the kabuki always seems to be the smoothest. When I look at photos I've taken, the lauress looks great. but when I look in the mirror, I'm never sure. Does anyone else have these schizophrenic situations? I also notice that when I don't wear my glasses, and am at a good distance away from the mirror, it always looks wonderful. It's just when I get up close...

I don't think I've done a thorough investigation of Lauress - I got too disappointed with my application technique. I'm waiting on some flocked sponges, and am hoping that will solve my problem. What do you use to apply Lauress?

I did love the texture though. I think it's the high zinc content, but it definately felt 'plush' to the touch.

Back