Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoozey - sounds like a darker version of Amber this would be ideal! Candace asked me to describe the colors when I do the chart. I am wondering if you'd be better at this. (hint hint)

NYL: thank you! I think my best pics are when I am happiest with the makeup :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(It's funny - I have Lumiere as one of my HGs but I have yet to get a good pic with this on...)

i tried taking photos this morning (coz i had time) to compare the raven and the julissa on my face. but it's rainy here, and every photo i took just didn't really show the right colours =/

ah well. another day.

Hoozey, your color descriptions are really good. I don't know how you keep them all straight. I only tried a few, but I found Julisa to be slghtly too light/beigy looking on me, Chrystal looked way too light overall. Raven looked pretty good, but I have found Caprice to match me pretty well-maybe a tiny bit dark, but that will work if it ever warms up around here! I like the coverage too and of course Candace is wonderful to work with. I agree w/Lilita that you should collaborate on that chart! Can't wait to see it either!

Ruby

When I describe these colors, I have the chart I made right in my hand. One has all the Milan colors and then Lumiere M-D Warm and L-M G. Another I swatched Kiana and some of the other foundations that are close.

I am surprised Caprice was a good match because that one is quite dark peach color. It's almost as dark as the M-D Warm! I'd say Lisette is the lighter version of Caprice.

OK now I am getting confused. Kids have the day off- start of spring break- but have dentist appointments. Hubby is home too. I always feel a bit odd being on here when he is around. I better get my butt in gear.

Hey Hoozey, I only got a few samples of Milan, and will probably get some more samples once I see that chart! Caprice really isn't that dark on me, for some weird reasoon. I don't get it at all! Have fun during break-we are leaving for Ohio tomorrow so I won't be around here too much next week, but will try and check in a couple times at least (hubby doesn't go anywhere w/out his laptop!).

oh my...i'm with you geminisc, my head is *swimming* with all these colors, too! it just tires me out, trying to figure out what colors to order, mix etc... yikes! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

well hoozey & lilita: i'm thinking of getting samples of milan, but am still at quite an impasse as to which ones to get. up to now, i've been sampling and spending mucho bucks on soooo many samples. going so wide with all the colors. and i've yet to even buy a single full size foundation! so this time around, sampling w/ milan, i'm trying to hone in on a just a few. (i just feel so guilty spending so much money on samples!)

i tried to narrow down the milan color field, but just can't. could you maybe help me out and steer me towards maybe the 'top contenders' that you might recommend? i seem to always end up buying too many samples that end up being way out of my color range. milan's colors sound like i'll probably have to blend. but which ones? a yellow (olivia? raven?) w/ a peach (caprice? lissette?) see what i mean? confusion.....

btw, lilita: was wondering how you'd compare/contrast meow vs. milan. i know i'm getting a fs of meow (still waiting on my f chartreux sample, to finalize the mix). but just wanted to get your thoughts on how you'd describe milan vs. meow.

thanks, ladies... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just want to post that Candace's package of Milan foundation samples has arrived!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I haven't had time to look through them, but I will tonight when I do the chart.

So Pebo, don't rush to order yet!

Yay! Lilita-

Looking forward to the chart. If you want help with descriptions I could do that but I only have the lightest 10 or so.

Pebo-

I know how you feel- I always order way more samples than I'll ever be close to because I am to afraid I am missing my match. I spent $20 on both Monave yellow samplers and I wasn't even close to needing one in the darker ones. I've learned to hone in on my colors a little better now. A lot of it is due to all the advice from everyone here!

thanks, lilita! will wait for your chart. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hoozey: yup, this place is definitely a wealth of information! love it!

and now after reading lilita's lauress yellow thread...i may have to take a second look at my samples! (if lilita likes it, it's GOTTA BE GOOD! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> go lilita!!! )

Ok, so I got to play around this afternoon. One was taken indoors near the window, with an attempt to get the best amount of natural light (2nd one).

The other was taken outside (albeit it's a bit overcast and rainy today)

Tell me what you guys think. I'll try and do some in sunny natural light soon if the sun decides to shine out for more than ten seconds tomorrow.

thanks. you don't think it might be a bit light? do you think it's worth trying a darker colour? although, it is coming up to winter, so it's not like i should get any darker. LOL

also, what is your opinion about the neck to face difference? do you think this would probably be the closest match? i don't know if i'm looking too hard, but it seems like the neck is a bit more yellow? or am i just trying too hard to be 'perfect'? *grin*

You may like Kiana too. It seems a little more golden but about the same darkness as Raven and Julisa. From Lilita's quick chart you may be able to find a tad darker one. Did you ever think you'd be this into an exact match before MMU? I never did but regular MMU didn't offer much in way of yellow colors when I was buying it. :rotfl:

LOL

No. When I first started with MMU I wasn't aware there were many companies so the first 'close match' i found, i settled with. I never knew I'd have so many options.

And now I find myself getting so picky!

Re darker colours I think I was told Olivia was slightly darker, so I would still be interested in seeing those comparisons.

And of course, there's always the mixing of Julissa and Raven as an option too... LOL

Although I think this is one case where 'too many cooks spoil the broth' definately DOES NOT apply. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Whoops. Just realised I didn't respond to your comment about Kiana. Thanks for the suggestion! I will wait (im)patiently for Lilita's chart (no pressure or anything ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and take a look at the colours.

hey geminisc/Susanna,

I posted a rough draft of the chart on the MILAN colors thread.

I am still working on getting the best descriptions of these colors...

Hey lilita,

milan colours thread.... is that on the milan forum?

I've noticed whenever I use Milan lately I can spot little flakies, or little dry spots that collect the MMU. I've tried using just hte kabuki, spritzing with a hydrosol aftewards to 'smooth' it out, and applying it via a moisturiser. Always with the same results, although the hydrosols hide it for a little while.

How are you girls applying MIlan and are you noticing anything similar in your application? I have a flocked sponge on its way to me, but in the meantime, yeah, any other

I just have to say I’m totally in LOVE with Milan e/s! I have e/s from Lumiere, fyrinnae, signature and a few others and these are BY FAR the best out of all I’ve tried.

They are just so incredibly finely milled and creamy and the pigmentation is so intense that only a dusting (dry) produces lovely results. A big bonus to the creamy nature and high pigmentation is that I use so little that I almost never have to worry about powder fallout.

Their sample sizes are HUGE and the actual e/s are packed (and I mean PACKED to the brim) 5g jars and have tons of rich, highly pigmented e/s. They are SUCH a great deal.

I’ve included 2 shots of a subtle-ish look I made with yield and black amethyst e/s. I used almost NOTHING to get this. The color payoff from just a TINY amount is unbelievable.

sailalong - your eyes look stunning!!! I don't wear E/S myself (except on rare special occasions) but I noticed that the foundations also have very intense pigmentation.

I was swiping colors on my wrist over the weekend while doing the chart for Candace. When it came to washing my arms, I had trouble getting the stripes out. Those minerals are super water resistant! I had to SCRUB my wrist with soap to get the colors out.

geminisc - do you only notice this with Milan? Or other foundations too? I ask because I get dry around my nose and cheeks quite often and I get the flakey bits too. I don't really know which mmu is related though, because I change my foundation everyday...

Back