Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hoozey: as usual, i'm 'one step behind' you gals. i've yet to try milan. i want to hear which colors i should order. sounds like 'kiana' is def a must try, as well as the pip blush. btw, your b/a was beautiful! wow, you have gorgeous skin! what's your secret? it looks so smooth and soft. go hoozey!

i just got my meow shipping info. sounds like it's not going out till thursday! yikes, i hope i get my samples before the sale ends. worst case scenario, i'll get the pp in the lynx mix. i wanted to try the ff, tho..the coverage makes it sound so apealing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lilita and ruby: i think i'm gonna be on the 'no-buy' list, too. (It's amazing how much one can spend on little 1/4 tsp samples! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) although, since i'm a bit behind you gals, i may lag a bit. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hoozey - just saw your Milan B/A... Kiana is PERFECT on you! You look fab! Do you work around the house all day looking glamorous like that? LOL

Hey everyone this is Kara Marie just stopping through to say I LOVE MILAN MINERALS and even more because My sister gives it to me for free! She should though I'm her tester! lol ok everyone Have a Great Day!

Peace

Kara

Pebo-

Definitely try the Kiana because it is so close to L-M Golden in Lumiere. Maybe a tad darker but you've said that L-MG was a bit light in FF. I wish I could say that Milan will be my HG but it seems a tad drying. Did you get the ingredients from Candace, doesn't it have kaolin clay in it? I am so dry anymore... I guess that's the price for great, no oilies skin as a teen. I wish I had perfect skin. It's pretty smooth but I have pigmentation issues that drive me buggy. I will say that using MMU seems to have taken years off and my skin is better than 5 years ago with the goop. Anyway, the Kiana is a good color fit and I am telling you, hardly need anything to get coverage. If you have oil issues this could be a great choice. Definitely still try PIP. I am feeling your pain with Meow samples vs. buy now too. My samples are supposed to ship today. I think if the sale is going to end b4 they arrive I am ordering full sizes of "lynx" in FF... I want that coverage and light feel. I figure the PP is cheapest so will hurt less if I have to buy later when not on sale. Of course I may want Pamp. P and I should just buy the store right now--:daz: buy now/wait/buy now/wait???

Lilita-

Yep, I am pretty much full-makeup regardless of if anyone sees me. It's only been like this since MMU. I actually look forward to putting on makeup now. I can't wait for your chart- I agree that applying them to the chart is more telling than seeing them in a bag or jar.

Hoozey -- Don't you just feel better when your face is "done". I work out of my home office and it just perks me up a bit once I put my face on.

Can't wait to try Kiana, ordered the other day. I've been mixing Raven (aka INA) with one of the lighter shades like Crystal or Amber to get a good match. That has worked ok but your description of Kiana sounds like it may be the ticket.

I think Milan may end up being one of my faves.

Hoozey - I know what you mean! MMU has changed my life as far as makeup is concerned. I now feel like there is not enough time to put on/take off/put on makeup. Especially when there are so many products to play and experiment with. Your comment about 3 heads/ 6 half-faces... LOL... yes, my BF is going to be busy this week.

Re: the Chart, there was a minor delay with Candace being really busy, so the package of foundation samples may not get here till next week. I can't wait to do it, though!

I also need to update my current chart but am waiting for the lauress "yellow" samples to arrive first...

Before MMU I didn't wear MU everyday, only when I went somewhere but now I do everyday because it feels wonderful and it's so easy.

Kiana is very close to Raven but it's more tan golden than the peachy hue that Raven has. Did you try Lisette? It's a little lighter- similar to Chrystal but seems more peachy/golden-- Chrystal seems more beigey (tad pink?) There doesn't seem to be a Kiana version that is just a tad lighter. Kiana is quite similar to L-M Golden FF but a hair darker. It's more similar to Lauress Soft Gold, but when on isn't quite so strong yellow. I could definitely see this being a fav. if I had oiler skin. Back to Lumiere today... wearing Med. Warm today- because Milan was a touch drying. I loved the coverage and it feels pretty light on the skin. Still waiting on Meow. Maybe that will be better... if not I always have Lumiere.

Lilita-

I need to make a master chart too, especially when the Meow comes!

Hi Guys,

First time here, was directed here by Lilita and Candace. *waves* I found it guys!!

Just wanted to say hi. I ordered my samples the other week and they arrived last night. I've got Julissa on today, but I think it's a bit light - although i'm not sure if it's because i did 2 layers with the kabuki and used too much finishing powder or not.

I spoke to Candace about it, and I think I might need to try Olivia. From what I can pick up in this thread, I'm pretty sure Olivia might be my best bet. It's so great to find people of similar tones!

FYI I also got samples of Leah, Chrystal and Raven. My first impression of Raven was that it looked a bit olive compared to Julissa. But I was looking at it in bathroom lights. So I could be totally off mark, since no one has said the same of Raven on this thread so far.

I also ordered the gelle drops and eyeliner sealant - very exciting! I always found water diluted my e/s colours, and so far both the drops and the sealant are living up to their claims. I haven't seen my e/s colours show such vivid hues wet ever!

I loved the perfumes too! (i only ordered whiffs but i'm definately going back to order full sizes. Although i'm more of a floral kinda gal, so i got ones like beyond paradise, lovely, and flowerbomb. That's not gonna make me stop checking out the other perfumes though... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was reading the thread and it was so great to see one of you guys (after 9 pages, i can't remember which one now *sheepish look*) were using the same types of brands and colours as me, which is kind've exciting!

I started really sampling about a month or so ago and have gone kinda crazy. I've got more samples on the way (lumiere, meow, lure), but so far I've been most happy with milan for coverage. Like someone else, I also found Lauress to be a bit too sheer for me.

Anyhow, I'm struggling to find my right match (I tried on about 5 different colours on the weekend and gave up and told myself they ALL matched, even though I knew none of them were gonna be my HG) so it's reassuring to know I can come here and compare with everyone else.

So far I think my closest match has been EDM's Medium Beige Neutral and/or Neutral Beige. Unfortunately they make me itch =( MAD's medium olive and medium golden also look like potentials. But I'm not sure if I'm happy with the finish. I don't think I ever found a correct match in Lauress. I'm also ummhing and ahhing over Mineral Boutique - I seem to be ok with a Y2 or Y3. But I haven't tried their Ws yet. I was also eyeing Alima since they have their foundation sample sales on atm. (see? I'm such an addict)

So yeah, just wanted to say hi and how great it was to find you guys. I'll definately be checking this thread out constantly. And Lilita - like everyone else here, I'm waiting desperately for that chart! LOL

Geminisc-

You may want to try Kiana, Raven or Caprice if Julisa is too light. Those are all a bit darker. I wish I could post a chart but taking a photo of the colors hasn't worked well. I may try again and use my scanner. Don't hold your breath though... Lilita's chart may be done before I figure this all out.

i just ordered a ton from them! I go crazy when I get paid, which is bad..but oh so fun.

I ordered a ton of e/s and some blush!

Heres my order:

Gelle Drops

Eyeliner Sealant

Eyeshadows -

Haze (their really pretty intense shimmer gold)

Addiction *carmine* (i dont know what that means, lol!)

Pom Pom

Blue Bell and Hush, they were such pretty mattes and I cant wait to try them! I've discovered I prefer matte to shimmer, in general, even with foundation!

Glitterazi Gold

Miracle

Antique Lace

Blushes -

Cabernet

Black Eve (a recommendation for a deep blush although it doesnt say to be used as blush, ill experiment anyway)

Riot

real-red

(from all the mauvey blushes ive been trying i really missed my deep red blushes i love to wear, so i decided to try some of these out and see how they work with my foundation)

I also bought a bunch from Taylor Made I think I posted somewhere, and I have a cartful at both lumiere and littlestuff4u that im debating on ordering, from your recommendations! lol! i don't know if i want to spend more after all this, i might just wait for my next paycheck.

Wow, sounds like you'll be having a lot of fun with all those colors! Most of the recs from littlestuff are more matte except something like Blind Date which is a really sparkly gold but it's sheer too. Another neat one from there... rusted diamonds. It's white looking but has this golden peachy iridescence. Cool highlighter. I should take a photo of my MMU- you all would see how crazy I am about it.

yes! I'd love to see those pictures, i'd also love to see some more swatches of things other than illuminizers! (those are great too)

im now interested to see just how much you have. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gemini/Susanna - Hi!!! :wave: Glad you made it here to the BEST mmu forum ever!

Hoozey - It's so interesting reading your color descriptions and comparing notes!

I always thought Raven was more olive-golden without any peach :kopfkratz: but now I realize that I don't think of it as peachy because it's the least peachy-toned sample I have. I only have Raven, Caprice, Amber, Lisette... and to me, Caprice is the darkest-peachy one. And Lisette looks like peachy-pink lighter version of Caprice. Si?

(Sometimes it's so hard to be objective!)

Si- Caprice is by far the peachiest dark.

Here's a quick break down; Mya- so light that it's way out of my range- peachy though. Light colors: Simone (beige- even a hint of pink IMO) Chrystal (peach/tan), Leah (peach) Mid: Lisette (peach), Julisa (peach/tan) and Amber (yellow peach- there doesn't seem to be a darker version of Amber you know? Like Raven seems to be the darker version of Julisa) Darkest of the light goldens: Kiana (tan/peach/tiny hint of olive maybe) Caprice- (peach) and Raven (somewhere between Kiana and Caprice in terms of peach tone.) Certain ones seem to be singular shade/tone- Simone, Amber, Kiana. Some are very close on paper- Raven/Kiana Chystal/Leah/Lisette. I don't think you should ever make your foundation because you'd be tweaking it the rest of your life- this descriptions are difficult. Don't know how the owners do it. :rotfl:

Wow Lilita! You are glowing and ultra beautiful in that foundation! I'm going to go back and see what it is but this pic and there are 2 more, 1 over the other and I know that it was a Meow mix , anyway you've got perfection in those 2 colors. You look stunning in all of them but in this one and that other one you GLOW girl!

Hi HelloMindy! You cleaned up girl! Excellent buys. Big fun in store for you! :laughing:

yup, i'm still waiting to figure out what colors i should order from milan! i've been reading and re-reading the descriptions but alas...i'm still a bit perplexed...(not that it takes much! ha!)

so gals: lilita, hoozey: what colorS should i order. just to cover my bases.. it sounds like KIANA, OLIVIA, JULISSA but what else? i hope i can find a milan color W/O mixing. the coverage and finish sound great. i'm gettin kinda tired of waiting for my meow samples, (i'm probably still a week or so out from receiving those) so i may just "have to" order milan now. gotta have something in queue, right? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

and both you gals look so fabuuu in your picts!

hoozey: kiana looks beautiful on you. your skin looks smooth and poreless!

lilita: the '3 way combo' of the milan colors with the green top on...i may have to give that foundation 'top billing' so far! it's so hard, cuz you look so darn good in all of them! and that green looks great on you, too!

geminisc: welcome! this is a great forum, and we all seem to share not only a love for makeup and the same skintone..but a passion to find our "perfect match". :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> with these gals in your corner, there's no way, you won't! good luck!

*head swims*

peach, tan, peach, tan, beige, peach.

*falls on floor*

i agree it all looks so complicated.

I tried raven this morning, but it seemed a bit dark/dirty looking =/ So i went and did a quick brush of leah over the top of it, and seemed to even out a bit better. I only did about one sweep with the kabuki this morning (mindful of yesterday's lesson) and I think it turned out ok.

Maybe I'll do one of the lighter ones tomorrow and see (I'm too excited trying every colour out to be strategic about it and go from light to dark).

Btw, I was reading at MMM that some people mix their foundation with aloe vera. I tried it but I didn't think I found much success with it. I dither here and dather there, but i still go back to my trusty kabuki.

So far I'm still loving Milan's coverage, but I'm a bit concerned that it's highlighting some dry spots around my chin =/ anyone got any suggestions what i can do to fix that? I'm using a face scrub right now to try and even it out, but it's not working yet.

And hi everyone! Thanks for the great welcome! =)

Back