Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohmgosh, lilita..you look beautiful! everybody's right about the lips! (what color is that lippie, btw?).. gorgeous!

hmm.so milan sounds interesting...please keep us posted..i'm now dying to try this, too! oh no!!!

Well I am roadtesting Julisa today and it looks pretty good. Coverage is excellent and a little definitely goes a long way. Not 100% on the color yet, it may be a tiny bit light, but I'm still testing/looking. We don't have a completely sunny day so the light keeps changing. Also, my husband said I looked "pale" but that may be b/c I am also not feeling great today. Normally he never comments on my skin color! I'll try again tomorrow. Lilita did you get your samples yet?

hi ruby2, no not yet. Candace sent a few days ago... hopefully by next week! Did you try RAVEN too? Interested to know what you think!

No, haven't tried Raven yet. But I will! Is that your best match so far?

Lilita, after wearing Julisa all day yesterday I think it is actually a tiny bit too light/pale looking. I'm going to try Chrystal tomorrow as that looks like it has a good yellow-ness to it w/out being brown/orange-y.

Ruby and Lilita, do you prefer the finish of Milan, Lauress, or Meow. All I need is foundation and my budget doesn't allow unlimited testing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I look to you all for that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Coromo, my HG is Meow! And I like Milan much more than Lauress Elemental, which was way too sheer for me.

Ruby2 - thanks for this!

I only have four samples right now and Caprice and Raven were my best (though not 100%) matches. I found Raven too 'muted' and Caprice too 'orange'. Both work but I don't think they're yellow enough for me.

On a sidenote, I was comparing a bunch of different foundations (different mmu brands) yesterday on my wrist and all of them struck me as not having quite the perfect amount of yellow, even though all were supposed to be yellow-golden undertone. (I guess this is why I am so happy with Meow "Lynx" :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Coromo - What sort of finish do YOU like? I agree with Ruby2. I like Meow and Milan for the matte finish. I haven't worn lauress elemental enough times to really know... still waiting on better color samples.

Lilita, sorry I goofed up on the Milan "C" shades. Chrystal looks too light, it was actually the Caprice that I was looking at, but now that you say it's a bit too orange I am unsure! Have you ever mixed brands to get that perfect shade? I still think color wise, Monave Hyeyeon and Meow "Lynx" are the best for me.

Hi ruby2, I don't think Caprice is too orange. (it looked better on my face than on my wrist, surprisingly) I think it could work if I wasn't being superpicky.

Yes! I once added some Meow Angora to Lumiere VV and it worked out nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm looking for a semi-matte finish but I don't want to look plastered, YKWIM? Something that can give me a finish as close to a good liquid foundation's coverage. It would be great too if I didn't need to touch up every few hours. Thanks ladies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilita, I am glad to hear that-I am going to try *Caprice* tomorrow!! I am also glad that you can mix among brands, as I haven't tried that yet. Coromo, it would help too if you could tell us what you've already tried and what you did/didn't like. Meow Purrfect Puss is only $16.95 a jar and with the sale they are having now it would only be about $12.72 and those jars are HUGE!!!

Lilita, am wearing Caprice today and it is very nice-maybe just a tiny bit orange/dark (but then I may be too picky as I doubt anyone will notice but me). I wonder if mixing it w/Julisa would tweak it to perfection?

hi ruby - That's what I thought about Caprice too... but I don't have Julisa because when I ordered it wasn't available yet.

I mixed Caprice with Raven and a touch of Amber and this looked pretty close to perfect. But of course I am waiting on all the samples so hopefully there will be ONE perfect shade or two shades (not three!) to mix. If you decide to mix Caprice + Julisa, would love to hear your thoughts!

I'll try mixing it w/Julisa and w/Raven (don't have Amber)tomorrow and let you know. I didn't have time to mix this am as I had to get both girls out the door for school at 7! I hope you get your samples soon.

Hi Golden Girls-

Just got some samples from Milan and here's my quick thoughts after doing a quick color chart. A very close match to L-M Golden in Lumiere is Kiana--- NO MIXING either!!! It's a touch darker but probably perfect for me now. Haven't tried putting on face becaue I need to shower after cleaning the basement.

Anyway- here's some quick notes: Mya was the lightest I got and it is a very light yellow with hint of peach. I think it may make a great "well rested product" for us. Simone looks beigey to me. Kind of neutral undertones. Chrystal, Lisette and Leah are peachy. I'd say Leah is the lightest, then Chrystal, then Lisette but just by a little and Lisette seems more yellowy peach. Julisa is a step up from Lisette in darkness. I see quite a bit of peach and yellow in that. Caprice is darker than Julisa and has a more tan/peachy tone. Kianna and Raven are about the same depth of color but Kiana is more golden on my skin that Raven which is more peachy. Raven may be tad darker but it's peachier.

OK- just had to post. Now I am going to shower and then appy new MMU.

Hoozey, Excellent color descriptions-can't wait to see your B/A w/your colors! What else did you get?

I missed one in my excitement... Amber is a light yellow peach. Darker than Mya but lighter than all the rest. I may actually have a new HG- at least in summer! Feels light on and I used the tinest amount. See the little blue PM button at the bottom of each person's post. I used a spot maybe 1/3 that size as my first layer. Then I did a little spot concealing with another spot that size and then buffed the rest in.Use BE heavenly face brush (flat top) I don't look made up either- it covers yet seems sheer too. I need to find a golden tan color several shades darker to use as my summer mix in but how exciting to find L-M Golden in another brand.

Ruby-

Let's see what else did I get. Samples of Baby Girl (reminds me of BE True some what) Mauvalous (deep red with purple irridesent but goes on sheer on hand at least) Calm (BE Heaven blush only more intense- it's a purply pink) Pique Me (wearing right now on cheeks and lips- berryish color with a bit of sparkle but wearable because Milan's colors are so intense) and dusty pink- actually a sheer rusty red with gold glints... I can't wait to use this as a lip color!! Cheeky sizes in Perfect Pink (more an illuminator than blush- careful with this one) and Skinn (bronzer/illuminator IMO) and Playground (lilac pink no sparkle) and samples of black amethyst (Love! Deep grape- used as liner) and Charcoal. Then Candace threw in freebies of Haze a firey yellow/orange and Steel Trap (Gunmetal gray with silver sparks- going to be a neat liner I think.)

Lilita-

Can't wait until you do a color chart because You are so much better at this thing than I am. I love this idea! It was so much easier testing when I put them on the paper wet and then swatched L-M G. Then I swatched the closest ones on my arm and found that Kiana just disapears.

hoozey: wow, what great descriptions! anxious to hear how it all pans out. please keep us posted. i may have to email candace about ingredients. these colors and the matte coverage sound pretty enticing! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pebo-

I just like the fact that the Kiana is so similar to L-M Golden in Lumiere. It's a tad darker but actually a little on the light side for my somewhat tan color now. I was amazed at how little I had to use but you can still have a very natural look with coverage too. If you have to mix (which you shouldn't for winter color) you can buy smaller jars for 1/2 the price.

Latest posts

Back