Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I live in KY but it's like 22 miles from TN line. My hubby usually flies out of Nashville. I like it here. The weather is definitely better than NE Ohio (where I am from) and the cost of living is nice in comparison too.

*Periwinkle joining the bandwagon* Lilita, now that you've tried it, what do you think are my shades? I'm looking into Gvieve's suggestions as well. I can't resist the raves!

Ruby- I am not into perfumes; I used to when I was still single; when I had a child my olfactory nerves kinda shifted - I don't like strong scents anymore- except after a sumptuous dinner at a chinese buffet restaurant and you're smelling mushu pork on you shirt! :vogel: Thanks for the recs, I'm looking into them! As for PIP, I have a dupe: NARS blush in Angelika (oh yes, there was a time I used to collect NARS blushes), so I am not sure if I'm getting that. All the other colors are lovely, though!!

Parasite Eve, thanks for the swatches, super helpful!

Same here- I still have an aversion to strong scents and my youngest is almost 9! One I really like is Philosophy Falling In Love. It's really soft and Milan does a good dupe. I also like Philosophy's Pure Grace- it's "Soap and water" clean scent.

I have heard about sensitivities to scents after having babies! Luckily I don't have that. I like very soft scents though, my favorites are Annick Goutal Petite Cherie (smells like Pears), and Philosophy's Pure Grace. Hoozey described it very well-smells very clean. You are making me hungry talking about Chinese food! Mushu Pork is one of my favorites. Do you cook? I have made a few things, but it's so time intensive that it's easier just to get take-out. I haven't seen the NARS Angelika, but I do have the infamous Orgasm!

Thank you. I went and saw that they have a sale. Can you tell me if for the eye liners sale you can select eye gels? Thank you.

Woah Paradise. Those color swatches are beautiful. Have you been using them? I've seen PIP on 2 different people and it doesn't look shimmery at all. Are those other colors like that too? They have a little shimmer on the arm but on they aren't? They are really beautiful and the best color payoff I've seen other than MAC to have been applied dry.

Hi. I don't think it includes the eye gels. I think she meant minerals that can be used as liners? I bought the eye set before and bought different colour eyeshadows including the ones you see on my hands. So they don't neccesarily have to be dark colours.

They are gorgeous aren't they? I dunno PIP looks shimery on my arms but are not really. You can still see shimmer. I love her colours.. its soo pigmented.

Parasite, those swatches and Milan's sale makes me so tempted to order! You did a great job with those. If I do order any make up (which would be ridiculous but not my first time going there:) It would be from Milan and many of those same colors that you have. I love that steel gray eyeliner.

Ruby-

I ordered my cheeky colors- I ended up with Skin, Playground and Perfect Pink- I figure I'll wait on PIP until I need it seeing that what I have should last a long time. I also ordered some samples in Calm (was really close to choosing this for cheeky) Mauvalous, Dusty Pink, Baby Girl and Pique Me (couldn't find a color swatch but figure what the heck) also got black amethyst because it just sounded too good as a liner. Got some extra jars because I know Milan fills the samples up and the 5 gm jars will be easier to use for the blush colors.

I wonder if Milan does non-CC paypal.

With no CC this week, reading about your Cheeky purchases is killing me!

FOTD with Milan foundation.

I found that RAVEN was a bit too 'cool' or 'olive' or something (can't put my finger on it) so yesterday I wore CAPRICE which looked perfect under the bright fluorescent lighting of the gym change room... but when i got out there into the sunlight -YIKES- I looked 'flushed'. This morning I thought why not mix both... the color was a bit too dark, so I added a touch of AMBER and YAY!

Before (eek) and After

437737879_20bf8151b1.jpg

(Of course, in summer my face will change color again.. and I am hoping that there will be a shade match for me/no mixing required)

I think the coverage of this foundation is really great, and doesn't feel heavy either. I am really liking how soft and smooth my skin feels :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did as Gvieve suggested - used a lighter layer with a kabuki (instead of damp flat top) and it turned out great!

Hoozey, I ordered mine too-Skin, PIP and Baby Girl. I'm going to split them w/my SIL and give her half since I'll never use them up alone. I have tons of extra jars too, I always order them from whatever company I'm ordering with b/c 1) I hate samples in bags and2) to give to friends/family. I ordered one sample of foundation (Julisa) and some more fragrance oils too.

Lilita, you look great again, as usual! How would you compare Milan to Meow?

Hi ruby2 -

Meow feels lighter and airier (I liked your description!) I like that with Meow I can apply 5 layers and still look and feel like I am only wearing one light layer.

I really like Milan for the easy coverage but I have to be careful how I apply it because the powders are more concentrated/opaque. (Less is more) For a intensive-coverage MMU, it's pretty good!

P.s. Saw your post over at Meow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilita, thanks for the comparison. It's good to know ahead of time what to expect w/Milan.

Ruby- I like cooking but I get tired because of work, so we usually just order in or my husband cooks for us because he works nights.

If you want to check out NARS Angelika, it's on my Notepad (which needs major updating because I created that 6 months ago). It's under the NARS blush category, top row, 2nd blush. It's like cotton candy pink with shimmer. I love it, it makes me look and feel girly. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lilita- you look GREAT, and that is your exact match based on the pics. I do believe though that mixing 3 shades can be quite cumbersome,, especially when you're in a hurry? But all the fuss is worth it, you look flawlessly pretty.

Dayna- I'll check out those scents you mentioned, I'm in a perfume rut. I've been wearing the same scent (I usually put perfume after I eat lunch because food smells on my shirt bother me) for over a year now, I need a change.

Aileen-

If you have a Sephora nearby try the Philosophy fragrances. There really are the best for not overpowering, giving me a headache scent. They have a new one called Philosophy that is kind of citrusy. My hubby really likes Falling In Love and that new one- which I didn't buy but need to. The Pure Grace (soap and water) is really nice too. I remember I'd just gotten a sampler of the grace trio and ended up getting a stomach bug. I actually put on the Pure Grace when I was feeling a little better and it really helped me feel more human rather than that cloying "I'm sick" smell. I also like that it's a brand that will continue to have these scents... nothing worse than they discontinue a fave!

If you like those fragrances at Sephora, Milan has the dupes of Pure Grace and Falling in Love. The PG is identical to the "real" one, and although I don't have the original FIL I do have the dupe and it's very pretty. Can't beat $3.50 for a rollerball applicator and the scent lasts all day w/just one dab on your wrist.

Wow, your husband cooks? Lucky you! Mine does everything but cook so I shouldn't complain. We do takeout too, but try not to do it every week. Thanks for the info on Nars Angelika, I'll look at your notepad. It sounds very pretty too, I'm a sucker for cotton candy pinks! Maybe I'll look when I'm in Sephora next month. Thanks again!

You look great Lilita but mixing 3 is waaaay too much mixing. When you get those other shades in that should eliminate that! So looking good lady! But then again I think you do a great job choosing the right shades for yourself in all the pics and various MMU lines I've seen. You have an "eye" for what's going to work for your skintone:rockwoot:

Back