Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey gvieve!

You (and other ladies) will be pleased to know I have been reading your raves and trying out Milan's foundations. I now realize I should've ordered OLIVIA <--- I thought this might be too dark so I went with "Light" shades, but now that summer is approaching, I wished I'd ordered more "Mediums". Anyway, I am going to be doing a big ol' Foundation Colors chart for Candace and she is sending me a little sample of EVERY COLOR (wheeee!)so there is bound to be a perfect match for me somewhere :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, for foundations, I ordered samples of LISETTE, AMBER and CAPRICE and Candace was so sweet she threw in RAVEN for free which turned out to be my best match of the 4. And I might add that the sample sizes are HUGE. There is enough product in each baggie to fill TWO little 5g jars!!! Candace also threw in freebies of the BLAZZE bronzer and DESERT SAND which I haven't tried yet.

Here is a pic of me wearing RAVEN, and color comps with other brands.

432900672_a6aba40ba8.jpg

It was hard to pick the right shade. In my bathroom under crappy lighting, I thought at first that LISETTE was my best match, but in the bright sunlight it was too pale & pink. CAPRICE works but is a bit too warm/orange. So RAVEN is the best color match but it needs something else - maybe more yellow or gold .. I am not sure. P.S. my neck has more yellow than my wrist.

I would say that the colors are intensively-pigmented and coverage is quite opaque, comparable to Monave CF/EDM Intensive, but more matte and very smooth. I tried one layer with a damp flat top and it covered everything. I also tried dry kabuki but the finish felt and looked too dry.

Only thing is - I think I was a bit too heavyhanded not prepared for the opaqueness, and my face looked "really made-up". (you know me, I am more for the sheer/buildable "my freckles-are-still-showing-through look" most of the time) I think this would be perfect for evening M/U though, and for ladies who want complete flawless coverage.

And I think it's super COOL that Milan is geared towards asian/latina/black women. The prices are also amazing!

Next: I have to get me some of that P.I.P. Blush and soaps that you are all raving about :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quick Question: Are the red/pink mineral pigments (like the P.I.P.) safe to use on lips?

Lilita, you have done it AGAIN!! What a wonderful review of Milan foundations. I am so excited to try these (I thought I'd be done after getting my Meow, but you and Gvieve have convinced me)! I will order Raven and Olivia and Gvieve recommended Julisa and Amber too. Yes, you do have to get some PIP-I am wearing it today and it looks so natural, even though it's shocking in the jar! Take a look at her fragrance oils too-they are really amazing and the price-I feel like I'm stealing them. I got Pure Grace and JM French Lime Blossom-they are exact! I am also going to check out those soaps. I agree w/you that Milan is unique and wonderful gearing itself toward women of color. I just love that!

Thanks for the review Lilita!!!

I'm now looking to order a shade down from Olivia coz its coming to winter here in Perth... lol. Olivia is perfect for me atm, but honestly i think it may be too olive for you. I really need a shade down coz after my face has warmed up, its starting to look a bit dark.

Lilita-

I know I've used PIP on the lips with no problem. Thanks for the color chart and comparison. I am already having issues with my skin changing color and the hyperpigmentation getting worse. I may need a boost in coverage.

Candace told me that she originally had colors for caucasians but they didn't sell so she put her efforts into WOC and now Asian beauties are requesting she expand her line of colors. I have a feeling now that word is out about her great stuff she will have to work on bringing them back.

Looking at this swatch pic Ruby2 I'd suggest a blend between Julisa and Olivia.

Thanks, Gvieve! I was just looking at Milan's site and thought Julisa looked great too. I couldn't find Amber though and a couple others that you mentioned-Skin, Perfect Pink and Envious. Can you direct me?? Thank you!

"Only thing is - I think I was a bit too heavyhanded not prepared for the opaqueness, and my face looked "really made-up". (you know me, I am more for the sheer/buildable "my freckles-are-still-showing-through look" most of the time) I think this would be perfect for evening M/U though, and for ladies who want complete flawless coverage"

Hi Lilita, I know that when I first used Milan's foundations it took just a very small amount to get full coverage. But I did notice that the consistency of the foundation is much lighter/ more airy than any others that I've encountered so far. I've never applied it wet but didn't find the finish dry at all but less matte than most others. More similar to the finish that Valerie's gives. Maybe try applying less and using a dry kabuki you'll see a different result. Your swatches and pics get better and better. It's obvious that you are an artist. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Absolutely!

These are the Asain beauty colors

Asian Beauties

Here's Skin and Perfect Pink milanmineral blush

and here is Envious, it's in the middle row. Do You Collection

Envious (green) next to it is Skinn

Perfect Pink and next to that is Amber.

Now let me go and shoot her an email for permission to post these pics :laughing:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-27994408716693_1939_7208248http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-27994408716693_1942_9495263http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-27994408716693_1942_9714827http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-27994408716693_1941_1456264

Wow, you are GOOD! Do you have these colors-Skinn, Perfect Pink? Are they matte? I forgot to mention that I don't do alot of eye makeup. I have always had trouble w/my eyelashes curving downward and getting my contacts all dirty. I still toy w/the idea of getting laser so I can be rid of the contacts, but don't have the guts yet!

I need to get Lasix! I am SOOOO BLIND. I hate wearing my glasses because they are so thick at the edges that I feel like things are veering in at me- especially bad for driving you know? Scary. "No Officer, I haven't been drinking, I am just wearing my glasses and they warp my vision. THAT'S why I was swerving all over." :rotfl:

You called me an enabler--- look at Gvieve putting the "drugs" right in your face. :laughing:

Yeah, Gvieve is quite the enabler too, LOL! Do you wear contacts too? I wear glasses once in a while too, mine are thick, even though I got those "thin profile" ones. Guess they can make them only so thin for blind people like us.

Ruby2 - Oh yeah! I want to try some perfumes too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Those two sound really nice! BTW, I wear glasses too! :hehe:

ParasiteEve - When you say you think OLIVIA is too olive do you mean it's too "greeny-golden?" This is interesting because I spent all afternoon in the sun again today (after going hiking outdoors yesterday) and I notice that I am tanning fast and I don't really go "golden". (The Luminesse "LM Golden" is starting to look kinda GREEN on me! :eek2: ) I think I go more like "browny-bronze". Did you sample any shades from Milan before you settled on OLIVIA that you think might work better for me?

Gvieve - I agree with you it even with more coverage Milan's foundation feels "light and airy!" Yes, I think I need to practise using a bit less/do a lighter layer. (I haven't tried Valerie's foundation so can't compare there ) I am so excited about doing Candace's Foundation Colors chart. (feel very honored that she asked me) This is going to be kickass :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hoozey - Thanks! That's good to know about PIP for lips. I think Milan would be GREAT for covering hyperpigmentation. And honestly, even though these are labelled "asian" colors I don't see why some wouldn't work for caucasians.

On a side note, the bank has just put a block on my CC because of a fraud incident. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So no online orders for me until the new card arrives next week. This must be karma or a blessing in disguise.

Lilita, oh so sorry to hear about the fraud w/your CC. Did they catch the perp? Thank goodness your bank caught it, but what a pain to go through. You can go to Sephora/Nordstrom/Neimans to check out the "real thing" in those fragrances, but I will never buy them again as long as Candace has them. I can't see paying 5-10X and more the amount. I cannot wait to see the chart you do for Candace-will you be doing one of all the foundations, or just the Asian ones? That is so cool!

Hi ruby2 - The bank said that they didn't have details on the fraud incident. It could be something like an Albertsons getting robbed and people's CC numbers being stolen and compromised... Anyway, this will stop me from spending money this week.

Haha. yes, I could go to Sephora etc. (It's tragic but I do 90% of my shopping online)

I think I will be doing all the foundations, I am not sure yet... Whatever Candace sends me!

That seems to be happening too often lately. Again sorry you are going through this. I do more and more shopping online too. Why get in the car and drive around, waste gas, etc. when it's easier to shop from home? And I live in an area where there are no Sephora's nearby-I have to go downstate (3 hrs.) or wait till I get to my in-laws in Ohio for the "real stores". Thank goodness for the internet!!

Just popping in to say hi you guys! I'm super tired today it was little Ms. Cydney Milans(recognize the names lol?) 3rd bday today so I've been in mommy bday party mode all day! But isn't that a great chart Lilita did? Your right Gvieve, her charts get better and better each time she updates them. Granted I asked her to do one for all my foundation shades but I think it's going to be a wonderful resource for all of you ladies,that are around the same skintone as Lilita to be able to judge the various shades she's tried in all the different brands and perhaps save yourself some money in the process. I'm really excited to get all these foundations packed and sent to her.

Ok I'm going to relax for a few before I do some work......and all the new Barbies and Bratz are officially naked! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ( though I begged and begged,"Please keep the clothes on the Barbies Cydney,they don't like to be cold!")

I received my items today!!! YAY!!!!

Ok, so, I looked at PIP and thought.. mmh. Then i tried it on my hands and though "hell no!". It was shimmery and my face look like craters with shimery blush. But while i was sitting in front of the Tv, i decided, why not, give it a try now coz i can at least wash my face if it looks bad. So i tried it on & PIP is DA BOMB!!! :reddance:

It is such a nice colour on my cheeks i am in shock!! The shimmer wasn't obvious at all and i got a nice flush of pink that looks totally gorgeous :4: Seriously, you must try this. It looks a bit shocking in the jar but try it!! Do it!! Don't be like me and swap it on your hands and say.. urm, You really have to try it on your cheeks. Hopefully you will be it love with it as much as every else has.

Lilita, i did a swatch of Olivia for you. On 2nd glace maybe it doesn't have green, i really dunno. You do look a bit tanner in the picture so maybe it might just be the perfect colour for you now? Hopefully my swatch will help a bit. Lol.. i was actually about to offer you samples of my Olivia since i have a full size to only read that Candace is sending u samples of all her colours for the chart.. hehe

I also did a swatch of the other colours i receive today. There's heaps more but i can't be bothered taking more pics. Its 9pm here and my son needs to sleep.. instead mommy is playing with her make-up..:star:

Hopefully i'll put other swatches of Milan on the weeked when i have time. Hope that helps.

milan1.jpg

milan.jpg

PS: Please ignore the scab on the top of my hands, I had an incident with the oven the other day. *Doh*

OK, my son is asleep and i get to play some more.

Steel trap is gorgeous!! Thanks Candace for giving me a sample of this. Its a shimmery black. I can't wait to use this as a liner. All these are applied dry. Sorry for the crappy pictures and lighting. Its taken at night in my bathroom.. The pics really don't do justice.

DSC01468.jpg

Lilita-

Candace picked the right person to do the chart. You have such a wonderful knack for disecting the colors into their correct catagories. I agree that the Asian colors will cover a lot of the light women out there too. I always find my match in that catagory so when I heard Candace expanded the line I was like "whoo-hoo" because I will find my match. Like you, I am already tanning fast- spent Sat. at a car wash for my daughter's track team and yesterday was outside just enjoying the day. Hope you get your CC thing all fixed soon. I always find it harder when I can't do something- like I'd so crave a drink when I was pregnant whereas normally I could care less. I'd probably be going crazy finding all these things I HAVE to have if my CC was unusable.

Candace-

Sounds like you were busy. I love my kids dearly but I don't relish when there is a pack of other people's kids around. My kids have always gone everywhere with me but I can barely handle doing classroom parties because I am not used to some of the wild kids. May is my busy B-day month... my hubby, and both boys have their birthdays within 10 days. The boys are only 4 days apart. It's also when the kids get out of school and so there's more activities going on with that. I think being mom can be the most tiring job of all.

Parasite Eve-

So glad you tried PIP. It does look scary in the jar but if you just use that dust that clings to the lid it just gives the perfect pink blush. Thanks for the swatches... I'm digging "Sista" pretty!

Ruby-

You can actually see my contacts in some of the eye shots when you click on them to enlarge. They have a slight blue tint so I can see them and you can see the color on my closeup eye shots. I am scared of lasix though but need to do it. I would be LOST without internet shopping. The closest Sephora is in Nashville (about 1 hour.) The only jeans my hubby will wear are only available online... works for me.

Hi All!

Candace, isn't 3 a fun age?! I have two girls, one will be 6 on May 1 and my little one is 3.5! Hope you can recover from the festivities today. Still trying to figure out my order, it is so hard to choose from all your beautiful colors. Parasite Eve, the swatches are great-thanks for posting them. So far it seems that everyone falls in love w/PIP, I know I did!

Hoozey, my good friend got Lasix last yr. and she said it wasn't bad, but described the way they propped her eyes open w/these little clamp like things and it just sounds too awful to me! I will have to look closer at your eyes, all I know is that they are very pretty!

ParasiteEve - thanks for the thought to send me a sample - that's really sweet of you (And all the way from Perth!) Your description of PIP is enticing. I don't like shimmery either - and the PIP looks deceptively shimmery on your arm. Now I really can't wait to try this!

Hoozey, I know what you mean! Even though i feel that it's GOOD for me to not buy anything online 1 week - i know I'm going to be so frustrated. Re: the Milan minerals chart, don't worry, when I get samples and do my comparisons, I will SHARE lots of info! We WILL find ourselves a match! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So if you are near Nashville... Does this mean that you live in Tenessee? I am going to Memphis in May! My BF is from there and this will be my first time visit.

Back