Milan Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad you've found your match! It's so exciting when you find one that matches perfectly.

Thankyou for your kind words :rotfl: . I deleted your duplicate thread.

Gvieve-

So glad for you! Would love to see photos of you in your HG. BTW, tell your friend that MMU also has natural SPF in it that helps keep one from having to wear MU to hide sun damage so you can say you're protecting your skin NOT wearing MU right?

Tell your friend that women who wear makeup age more gracefully than women who do not because of makeup giving a shield to skin from elements.

It is good for her to wear at least a foundation of mineral makeup. As Hoozey said too, not only shield from pollution and element but sunscreen to. I hope as you say she will enter the light.

I know her well and she's alwyas hated taking pictures for no good reason WSE:laughing: Betcha she'd email you one.

and I agree that women who wear makeup do age more gracefully.

Yes, it's a great feeling! I've found exact matches with Monave, Milan Minerals and Lumiere. The textures are very different and it will be nice change with the seasons. No more sampling......whew!

Gvieve, what colour do you wear?

Newyourlatin? do u use Milan as well? If u do, what colour do you use? I'm trying to figure out which is my colour...

Gvieve, would you believe I just read the note you left on my profile, I'm so sorry! But I guess I don't need to answer that because it seems that you have found your HG MMU. Congratulations! I've always been intrigued by Milan but I felt that the colors were too dark for me. Can you post your shade here (and your shades in other MMUs, as well?). Thanks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am looking forward to the gelle drops. I bought two because there's a $10 min. and I wasn't sure if there was a foundation light enough for me, but figure I couldn't go wrong with two of the gelle. They sound great and I was definitely won over by the side by side comparison color chart that shows how intense the colors stay.

Second that. I did buy the gelle drops- got two so I spent my $10 min. and trusted that they'd be good because of Gvieve's rav. :hehe:

Tried the gelle drops and ADORE them. I like how they keep the liner intense and it doesn't GO ANYWHERE. I used them for a photo in the Val's Pin Up thread- I usually line after all the other eye products because if I line wet before when I am applying other colors the liner goes smokey. I actually lined with Vamp before applying it in the crease and the liner is still crisp. Thanks for the heads up Gvieve!!

Recently 2 friends and myself placed a large order with a great quality and value buy cosmetic, mineral makeup, fragrance, and body bath items company.

The company is Milan minerals and they have two sites, one primarily with mineral makeup items and the other with more traditional cosmetic items as well as fragrance duplications, bath and body soaps to die for.

We ordered everything from

less expensive dupes to MAC's gel liners-excellent,

3 full sized lipsticks @3 different colors w/3 different finishes for the price of one - very nice,

beautiful quality mineral makeup -excellent,

less expensive MAC Blot dupe mattifying powder-excellent,

fragrance dupes to philosophy's baby graces and falling in love, lolita, and gucci rush -excellent!

and

the most luxurious and amazingly wonderful scented natural oil soaps that I've used and the price was only 2.50 for a huge bar.Ladies you have to try this soap. We got the cherry almond!

Fragrances were 3.50 each and everything was of excellent quality and value bargain priced.

There are two sites here's the link .http://www.sista-faces.com/

I don't think that there is not something for everyone on this site:laughing:

Oh my Peri, I had wondered and looked for awhile but actually inadvertantly you did answer my questions in another post shortly after my sending you the note. TY

I use Olivia and NYLatin wears Cynthia

Your welcome Hoozey I'm glad that you like them too. BTW You are very pretty and photograph lovely!

Hoozey it's not true. I would post photos if I could. Will you kindly send me PM w/ explicit directions. Read the ones already on the forum and I'm still here unable to post pics.:tocktock:

TY

Foundation colors that I wear:

Milan Minerals: Olivia presently and in summer Cynthia

Lumiere Light Golden/Medium Golden combined

Valerie Y4

Oceanmist Sandstone though too dark now *purchased in late summer months so was great. Fawn would work now *had a sample of that.

Monave Saturnina though too dark now * purchased in late summer months as well.

EDM medium beige now and in the summer medium beige summer

BE medium tan/medium medium alone in winter/spring and

medium combined w/medium tan in summer/autumn

Ok ladies. I just split and divied up a huge order from Milan minerals. May I say: "Let's Get RRReady to Rave!!!

And ladies do believe me when I tell you that the dividing of this order, once it arrived, nearly turned into a "Let's Get RRReady to Rumble " scenario but we 3 managed to overcome.

We ordered:

Mineral Eyeshadows packaged in the nicest jars and all and one were gorgeous

Mineral all over face colors/highlighters. I can't tell you how pleased we all were with all of these.

Blazze mineral powder. This color bronzer is wonderful. I'm coming to terms w/ the fact that I'm pretty pale and bronzers typically look drab and dull on me or dirty. Yesterday and today I really did glow beautifully after applying this due to a friend using this as a bronzer previously! If you're fair to medium colored this is it! The color on the site and in the jar is not at all what it looks like on. I will always keep a couple of these in my stashbased on how really pretty it makes the skin look.

Blot powder dupe - excellent and identical to MAC/ reportedly has completely "killed" the greasies on my GF

Lipstick trios - excellent. 3 full sized lipsticks w/ 3 different colors and 3 different finishes for the price of one lipstick. will be back for more.

2 more eyeliner gels- excellent (noticed I've not worn my MAC fluidlines since receiving these)

Oil based soaps in cherry almond. I can't encourage you ladies enough to try at least one of these. The sizes are huge for the bars and they are all natural and so luxurious. The scent and quality is superb!

We ordered fragrance dupes - Baby Graces, Falling in Love, Gucci Rush, and Lolita= can't tell the difference between these and the originals w/ the exception of Milan's last all day!!!

The fiber optic brushes - if you've been applying blushes or highlighters/bronzers with a regular blush brush. Order one of these and I think that you'll not go back to a blush brush again. This is the best 7.00 that I've spent!!! I kid you not. The way that this brush gently allows you to apply the pigments in sheer layers really results in a flawless application!

Ladies, I am a special education teacher and I do have a digital camera but to put it mildly, I possess perhaps less than minimal computer or electronic savvy. (do you think I don't want to "my space my profile page too :sleepyhead: but I can't do it, don't "get it") I cannot for the life of me figure out how the heck to upload pics of these products or of myself *(yikes and I think I'd do it though I'm camera shy) :scared: I've read the notes available and....I'm exactly where I started prior to reading the notes so... if anyone is gifted in communicating/explaining how to accomplish this in an ABC primary manner please do send me an email and facilitate my sharing photos with all of you. :rotfl:

I also would like to say that though Milan is a company that is geared to targeting women of color I can't imagine everyone not being able to find many things that they'd love on either of their sites!

:rockwoot: Also Milanminerals will custom create a color for you at your request. They also are regularly adding foundations with a wider color spectrum that reflects the vast spectrum of the many women of color.

Foundation colors that I wear:

Milan Minerals: Olivia presently and in summer Cynthia

Lumiere Light Medium Golden/Medium Golden combined

Valerie Y4

Oceanmist Sandstone though too dark now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *purchased in late summer months so was great. Fawn would work now *had a sample of that.

Monave Saturnina though too dark now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> * purchased in late summer months as well.

EDM medium beige now and in the summer medium beige summer

BE medium tan/medium medium alone in winter/spring and

medium combined w/medium tan in summer/autumn

Welcome to Sista-Faces.Com

Great reviews! I can't wait to put my own orders from Milan. I've had items in my cart there for a while now but haven't pressed the buy now button yet LOL.

I am extremely happy with the gelle drops that I purchases. I use it with whatever minerals I decide to line with and they stay and stay and stay. So glad you reviewed the fragrance dupes because I love falling in love but not the pricetag or the staying power. I will definitely have to order again. I was also impressed with how fast my last order was sent.

I've raved about Milan Minerals for a long time. Their color selection is the best, and Candace is very willing to please.

What a great haul! I've been wanting to try the gel drops Hoozey likes, but now after reading this thread I'm ready to shop. Thanks for the great post.

Update us with what you get please. Now I'm so loving their color Pretty in Pink. If you haven't placed your order yet please consider getting this color regardless of what complexion you are. I think that this is the most universal shade of pink that I've ever encountered. It lasts all day as well. Beautiful on the eyes, lips, and cheeks.

Back