Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use different primers, and I change them often. However the best since is smasbox photofinish with dermaxyl. I also like laura gellar spackle with moisture compound.

I recently bought smasbox photofinish lite for acne prone skin, and I think this is a hit. I use it once, so I do not have much experience with this primer, but it feels great on face.

I also use meow primer powder under my foundation to control my oilies on my oily Tzone.

My minerals go on much more smooth with a primer on my face. I am wondering if Cover FX Skin Prep FX is any good. I have not been able to find many reviews about it. If anybody has tried this, please let me know if it works for you.

For those looking for a good aloe gel. I love fruit of the earth! It is cheap and clear. I have maturing oily skin and I use it both as a mmu primer, and I also mix it with pure organic coconut oil for my moisturizer. It is awesome. You can buy it in a huge pump bottle for under 5 dollars! Happy Hunting.
laughing.gif

Emmylynn

Originally Posted by amista /img/forum/go_quote.gif My minerals go on much more smooth with a primer on my face. I am wondering if Cover FX Skin Prep FX is any good. I have not been able to find many reviews about it. If anybody has tried this, please let me know if it works for you. I'm so glad this works for you coco! try mixing it with natural oil also as a daily moisturizer. It absorbs very quickly and makes my oily skin super soft and glowing. I use fruit of the earth aloe gel which comes in a big pump bottle and it lasts forever.Have a great day!

Emmylynn

Originally Posted by coocoo4coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iagree.gif
I'm bumping this thread because I just this weekend tried this with my EDM. Although I don't usually have a problem with rub off from this brand or any other that I use, I have to say that using aloe as a primer tremendously increased coverage and staying power of my mmu. I applied a small amount (about half a dime size) on my face. I first rubbed it between my hands and then applied it to my entire face. I didn't have to wait too long for it to dry - just 30 seconds or so. I used less foundation than I usually use (which isn't much to start with) and it just glided on and gave me that really "creamy" peaches and cream complexion. The coverage was incredible and it didn't budge ALL DAY. I just wanted to share this with those of you who have trouble with mmu lasting all day. It didn't make my skin shiny or oily, however, my face felt so smooth it was incredible. I used 100% aloe which I purchased from a local drug store - I believe the brand name of it is "Banana Boat" but I see that there are so many brands out on the market that I'm sure work just as well. Oh, make sure that it contains 100% aloe regardless of the brand that you choose and DON'T get one which containes Lidocaine - because I have one at home which does, that I remember I purchased for a sunburn. Lidocaine is a pain reliever!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

i use be primetime and it really helps in making mmu stay on my face longer than 3 hours becuse i have really oily skin. but in my search for a good but cheaper alternative to be primetime, i stumbled upon monistat here in mt. with monistat, i don't need to blot for at least 3 hours in very humid conditions. i'm so happy!
smile.gif

i tried BE prime time and Pure Luxe cream erasers...i prefer pure luxe for that "blurring" effect on my imperfections but i like BE for making my mmu stay put
smile.gif

I found that Airbrush Primer from CVS a couple days ago. I tried it yesterday. It felt very nice and silky, but I didn't get any results with my MMU that I wouldn't have gotten from using EDM's Balancing Powder as a primer. Still I think it's a good buy.

ETA: I just checked the EDM website and it seems like they've done away with their balancing powder, so it's probably good that I found this Airbrush Primer!

I use BE Prime Time primer. I used to use Smash Box photo finish, but once I found Prime Time, I never looked back.

Kim

Originally Posted by monniej /img/forum/go_quote.gif i just ordered one from mineralogie. i'm excited to see how it works. well, the jury is in and i love this primer. it really does make my makeup look much smoother and i don't need as much concealer when i use it. i don't have to blot as much and i've used it several days without a breakout. it's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way!

Form me most of the primers work same way, however I have to remember to buy primers which have moistruizing properties. I like Laura Gellar two components kit - primer and the moisture compound, I also like Smashbox Photofinish with dermaxyl, Lumiere and Auberey Nicole primer.

I use high spf, so Laura Gellar is really good the moisture compound has 30 spf, and feels really nice on the face.

I also used Mac perp and prime with spf 50 - but after using probably most of it I decided I'll not buy this product again.

I also have Smasbox in lite version for acne prone skin. I tried it only once and it seems to be good primer for oily skin, however I do not have much experience with it.

I do not like Pre Luxe Eraser, makes my make up look cakey and heavy. I tried different techniques for applying it without result in fact. I need to try applying it over foundation.

have you tried silkpowder as a primer ? that seems to be good for dry as well as for oily skin
smile.gif

i've used mac prep + prime with my mmu as well. i've stopped using primer since i ran out but i honestly don't see much of a difference.

usually i'll just use the sandwich method: finishing powder, foundation, then finishing powder again.

Is there a different pirmer for regular liquid foundation or can you use the same primer for your mmu?

First of all I don't do makeup daily because it takes too much time and only looks good for about 4 hours...i like things that last. Never really used primer before although I have been thinking about it. I actually have a sample order of perfecting primer from lumiere coming soon. Then I saw this thread about Airbrush Primer from CVS and thought heck why not try it, CVS is just down the road... WOW! are all primers like this? This stuff is awsome! I only used blotting paper once ( didn't really need to). My mmu stayed in place and looked fresh all day. It did'nt even look bad after a 45min. workout. I think i'll start wearing makeup everyday now. Just hope I don't breakout from this though. Thank you so much katnhat.

Back