Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope my CVS is still having it's beauty sale next week. (DH called and told me, but wouldn't stop for me-

it would have cost less if he would have done it)
laughing.gif

Ok ladies especially Katnhat.........Since nobody said what the "maker" of the airbrush primer was, I looked and looked and finally found Sally Hansen section and saw something called Airbrush Primer, but it was an small aerosol type bottle, I thought it was a tube?? Is this the wrong thing?? I didn't buy it, because I was unsure, I'm going to try and see if another CVS has it. But I wound up buying the monistat chafing gel because it was on clearance for $3.70. I figure I would try it.......Can someone tell me if this is the same thing that you guys are talking about.

Thanks.............
scared.gif

Oh Ok, I looked All over the place and didn't see anything, I will try my other CVS Pharmacy and see if "they" have it............Thanks now that I've seen the picture I know what to look for Thanks...........

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yippee! I got a prize.
biggrin.gif
Thank you!! hehe

Nice avatar Apple8! I hope the primer works well for you as well! Let us know.

Thanks, OHD. Glad that you've found a great primer.
My eraser is on its way but I think I am going to order Chanel Blanc Universel and Clinique Instant Perfector anyway. Found sasa is selling them at a great price compared to our local store and they have free shipping over $50.
rotfl.gif

Ok I found the airbrush primer at another CVS I haven't tried it yet, but will let you guys know how it works ou for me.....................

I just fell in love with the Lumiere makeup primer. My foundation lasts all day. I just have to test it more to see if it doesn't breake me out, but I hope not, while this primer is great. I would be happier if it was cheaper.

I use Everyday Minerals Silk Dust. I also like Meow Cosmetic's primer powder. I tried the Monistat but it almost repelled the minerals so that I got quite a sheer layer & had trouble building on it. I do have very oily skin though, so I don't know if that possible affected it.

Lorac's Aqua Primer would be my 2nd choice if I didn't have the 2 products above.

I love my Pure Luxe Eraser....................takes such a tiny dab to do such a fabulous job.

Ok I'm totally loving the Airbrush Primer. Thanks Katnhat, for the recommendation. I used this morning and used my Lumiere with a flocked sponge and love the application. It's smooth and silky I need to try and buy a backup so I have some on hand. Thanks again!!!

Sheikah I know this is like a week after your post, but definitely use less of the primer okay? You really don't need very much at all for your whole face.

Also have you tried doing the fighting oil with oil method?

If you want to know more just let me know..

That is if Im not off having baby, which will be ANY moment now! LOL

Originally Posted by lacolora /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok I'm totally loving the Airbrush Primer. Thanks Katnhat, for the recommendation. I used this morning and used my Lumiere with a flocked sponge and love the application. It's smooth and silky I need to try and buy a backup so I have some on hand. Thanks again!!! You're welcome!
I'm so glad it worked for you. It's such an awesome primer!!!
biggrin.gif

Camellia I'm using it daily! I guess I didn't review properly when I got the hang of it. I definitely use much less, much much less than the first time lol, and it works wonders. I use on the sides of my nose and it covers my huge pores, then I pat some more over the foundation and works great!

Sheikah I am sooo glad to hear that!!

You can also use it as an eyeshadow primer btw just the TEENSIEST little dot
biggrin.gif

A few months from now when I come back after the baby I will work on a silicone free primer (I bet that will make tons of ladies happy
biggrin.gif
)

this sounds retarded, but i use neutrogena sunscreen. it has to dry first though.. like any primer i guess.... anyway... i would consider using the "prime time" from bare minerals, my friend uses it and loves it. if yo ugo to sephora, just ask for a sample, they'll give u an amount to wear for a like 3 applications... saves me from returning items too...

I use a neutrogena sunscreen too! Well I didn't intended for it to be a primer just a sunscreen lol but yeah when I'm going to school in the mornings I don't wear a primer I just don't have time for all the process lol I don't even wear foundation. I use sunscreen and some powder.

Hello everyone....am new here. Anyway,i have never use a primer before. But now...im using MAC Strobe Cream. as my primer for my EDM. its..so-so....but it does gives a glow healthy effect. And now,im waiting for my order. Sample of Eraser by PURE LUXE. Its very hard to get all these stuff in my country. MINERAL STUFF.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a neutrogena sunscreen too! Well I didn't intended for it to be a primer just a sunscreen lol but yeah when I'm going to school in the mornings I don't wear a primer I just don't have time for all the process lol I don't even wear foundation. I use sunscreen and some powder. yeah... i didn't intend for it to be a primer either...!! good stuff hto huh? anyway, i wear about the same, powder and sunscreen (not in that order though! ;o) lol) sometimes i'll wear minerals, but i get lazy now that school's started... so i just do the simple stuff, let my skin breathe...
redface.gif
)

Originally Posted by youngkimmik /img/forum/go_quote.gif yeah... i didn't intend for it to be a primer either...!! good stuff hto huh? anyway, i wear about the same, powder and sunscreen (not in that order though! ;o) lol) sometimes i'll wear minerals, but i get lazy now that school's started... so i just do the simple stuff, let my skin breathe...
redface.gif
) Yeah I would rather sleep half an hour more lol though I always wear makeup even if just a tiny bit haha

i use silk powder as my primer. i also use oil at bay and perfect presentation by MilanMinerals. Works great. but i want to try Aubrey Nicole and Monistat just to see which is the best

Back