Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by emmylynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Aloe Gel as my primer. It works really well and is all natural.
iagree.gif
I'm bumping this thread because I just this weekend tried this with my EDM. Although I don't usually have a problem with rub off from this brand or any other that I use, I have to say that using aloe as a primer tremendously increased coverage and staying power of my mmu. I applied a small amount (about half a dime size) on my face. I first rubbed it between my hands and then applied it to my entire face. I didn't have to wait too long for it to dry - just 30 seconds or so. I used less foundation than I usually use (which isn't much to start with) and it just glided on and gave me that really "creamy" peaches and cream complexion. The coverage was incredible and it didn't budge ALL DAY. I just wanted to share this with those of you who have trouble with mmu lasting all day. It didn't make my skin shiny or oily, however, my face felt so smooth it was incredible. I used 100% aloe which I purchased from a local drug store - I believe the brand name of it is "Banana Boat" but I see that there are so many brands out on the market that I'm sure work just as well. Oh, make sure that it contains 100% aloe regardless of the brand that you choose and DON'T get one which containes Lidocaine - because I have one at home which does, that I remember I purchased for a sunburn. Lidocaine is a pain reliever!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

Originally Posted by rhumbafrapp /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use silk powder as my primer. i also use oil at bay and perfect presentation by MilanMinerals. Works great. but i want to try Aubrey Nicole and Monistat just to see which is the best kumustaka misss........ In your country. Do they sell any mineral makeup? if yes...please do list it out for me thanx. i mean the place. thanx.

Originally Posted by waterlily777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif kumustaka misss........ In your country. Do they sell any mineral makeup? if yes...please do list it out for me thanx. i mean the place. thanx. hi! yes MMU is being sold here, but mostly thru online/multiply shops. There are some being sold at malls, brands such as A.R., youngblood, thenatural source

I use aloe too! But I mix it with my foundation...not apply it as a primer...it really helps my MMU go on smooth especially on days my skin seems dry or flaky

Where do you get the Aloe Gel? Is there a product/brand that is specific for the face?

Thanks

Kris

Originally Posted by waterlily777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif rhumba..... can you give me the link...for online orders. we can order thru the online stores in US, but some do order thru other people who have CC or there are people who resells them. Is there a particular brand you want? i know a few multiply online stores which i can refer you to.

ooo I want to try using aloe gel now....Smashbox's photofinish made me break out when I used it with mmu...I used it before I got into mmu and it was fine but I think that my skin got more sensitive to other products with more chemicals now that it only comes in contact with mineral make up...

Originally Posted by seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif ooo I want to try using aloe gel now....Smashbox's photofinish made me break out when I used it with mmu...I used it before I got into mmu and it was fine but I think that my skin got more sensitive to other products with more chemicals now that it only comes in contact with mineral make up... i'm thinking of trying just the opposite. i want to try a mineral primer under my posner makeup.

i dont know where i have heard this but someone said that the an primers works as great as the camellia rose primer... i wonder how true... was wishing to get primers from jen but i believe she is still on leave

Originally Posted by rhumbafrapp /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use silk powder as my primer. i also use oil at bay and perfect presentation by MilanMinerals. Works great. but i want to try Aubrey Nicole and Monistat just to see which is the best rhumba, I am looking to order milan primers and wanted to know more about your experience with them. Please share!

Originally Posted by sheree_terry /img/forum/go_quote.gif rhumba, I am looking to order milan primers and wanted to know more about your experience with them. Please share! hi!the OAB works great for me, controls the oil really well. take note that i live in a very humid country. usually, i do sandwich method and it really minimizes the oiliness.

i have perfect presentation as well, and this one blurs the imperfections of the skin.

try to get the tinted ones, the white/original can somehow lighten the foundation

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif can anyone suggest a good primer to use with edm , ive tried mac primer but it seems like the mmu dont blend to well, or should i not use any @ all? cover fx prep n prime

i never really understood how important primers are when it comes to make up. i usually just put on moisturizer then buff in some foundation or mix them together and apply it directly. now i gotta pay attention to the primers i have and compare my days without em and my days without :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by babyanj /img/forum/go_quote.gif i never really understood how important primers are when it comes to make up. i usually just put on moisturizer then buff in some foundation or mix them together and apply it directly. now i gotta pay attention to the primers i have and compare my days without em and my days without :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> yeah same here..... i have never use primer before. im just scared it will break me out. because i have pimple skin. and also...once i use from loreal. when i wear it.....damn....i have the grey effect. i look sick....and dead..

^hmm... i've never used any other primers other than powder based primers (mineral)and pure luxe cream eraser but it hasn't done that to my skin. thing is, i just don't know if there's a big difference when i use primer or not.

Back