Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my review of AIRBRUSH PRIMER.

Airbrush.jpg

First, the general information:

• Sold at CVS. In store only, not on website yet.
  • Cost: $9.99
  • Amount of product: 26.6 ml
  • Same ingredients as Pure Luxe Eraser, plus a few extra.
  • The consistency is thinner than Eraser.
I tried this product on Monday. I used the same application technique as I use with Eraser.
I only use primers to blur my pores and lines. I apply it to my forehead and the area on each side of my nose.

It's a silky soft, thinner version of Eraser (IMO). It made my face very silky soft. It dries quickly. The product blurred my pores and lines much more than Eraser. The blurring effect lasts longer with this product than with Eraser.

My MMU stayed on all day. I didn't have any color change or caking. I only had the regular end-of-day shine. I even spent half the day in the warehouse, which is HOT (high 90's). Even with my heat induced shine, my pores and lines were still blurred after 9 hours at work. I went out that evening. To get ready I just did a touch up with some Champagne Corrector **New product I'm trying from AN*** and put on a dab more primer on my forehead. My MMU looked like I just put it on!
biggrin.gif

I did NOT have a breakout after the Monday application. I will know for sure after a couple more applications. I doubt I will breakout, because I usually breakout the next day if my skin doesn't like something. So far so good!

I will try it a few more times to verify ALL results, but I think I have found my new HG primer.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif w00t w00t! Thanks Kat! Guess where I'm going tomorrow?
biggrin.gif
lol!
biggrin.gif

It's a big tube too, compared to the 10 ml of Eraser.

Let me know what you think.

Apply it with the same patting technique used with Eraser.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol!
biggrin.gif

It's a big tube too, compared to the 10 ml of Eraser.

Let me know what you think.

Apply it with the same patting technique used with Eraser.
smile.gif

thanks for sharing,please keep us updated if any breakouts

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Just wanted to share that I went by CVS and bought the Airbrush Primer. I'm very excited about the possibilities! I'll let you know how after I use it tomorrow. Yay!
I can't wait to hear how it works for you.
smile.gif

UPDATE:

I've used the Airbrush Primer Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (today). I have NOT had a breakout as of today at 9:09pm.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay!
I can't wait to hear how it works for you.
smile.gif

UPDATE:

I've used the Airbrush Primer Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (today). I have NOT had a breakout as of today at 9:09pm.
biggrin.gif

thanks for the update
smile.gif
i bought it today too,so i will also give my update soon!

Unfortunately we do not have CVS here and I would really like some nice and affordable primer.

I got smashbox photofinish primer samples from sephora, and to tell the truth I do not see any specific difference between using smashbox and sephora standard base, which is about 10 $ per 30 ml.

I'm also using mac prep & prime with spf 50 and this one works really nice, especially with meow oily skin primer and their setting top coat powder.

However my skin is very overdried now so I have to use tones of layers before I put my makeup. My skin is oily, but I overdried it with retinoids, and it tends to peel.

So after washing my face, I use a very hydrating light cream, than the hydrating matyfying cream, after that the AN primer with squalane, and as the final base mac prep & prime. I also use some Meow oily skin primer sometimes on the top of my mac.

But I was told in the mac shop that they are discontinouning their primer with spf 50.
frown.gif
and this is really bad news for me.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am THRILLED with the CVS Airbrush Primer!
rockwoot.gif
I used it differently than I typically use Eraser. I use Eraser just to hide my pores, but I decided to go ahead and use this as a full on primer and see how it performs. Well, let me say that I'm taking my $45 Make Up Forever primer back to Sephora baby! This stuff rocks! It's great! IT doesn't even claim to keep you matte, but it DOES! I came home on my lunch break to walk my dog and it was hot out. I was sweating and just knew that I looked like an oil slick. Came in the house, looked in the mirror...yep, there was perspiration on my brow but guess what???? NO SHINE! I know what you're saying, "She's lying!" Nope! I was shocked too. Blew me away.
After work, my daughter had tennis practice. Again HOT as Hades outside and I was sweating more than when I walked Sugar. I was shining only a bit on my cheeks, but after the sweat dried...matte. GTF out, right? Dead serious! I can't believe this stuff AND my pores are still hidden. This stuff is awesome for 10 bucks! I'm loving it! I'm going to try it again tomorrow and see if this was a fluke and then I'm going to wear the Make Up Forever Primer on Saturday for one more comparison. Now don't get me wrong I love that primer BUT why pay 45 bucks when I have a $10 that is JUST as effective! It kept the MMU on my face, my skin matte, and my pores minimized! Now THAT I like!
biggrin.gif

GREAT find kat!!! *hi five*

Woooo Hoooo!!!! Awesome! I'm so glad it worked for you.
biggrin.gif

Isn't it amazing how long the results last?!?! The super silky feel is awesome too.

The great price of $9.99 blows me away too!

I think I'm going to buy a backup tube tomorrow. I am SOLD on this stuff!

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif YES! I forgot to mention how great it feels when you put it on, really was like silk! And you can't beat the price! I'm tempted to buy about 10 tubes! I'm scared that CVS will discontinue it when I'm not looking.
rofl.gif
That is a good point about having a stockpile. CVS is notorious for closing out products for no reason. They better not do it to our primer!
eusa_snooty.gif

Great find girls! For ten bucks it's a steal compared to Smashbox's and MUFE's. I agree you should buy backups, tons. It's not brandname and that makes me think they might just stop stocking it when they feel like it. Even though it happens with brandname stuff too.

Glad you found a winner!

Originally Posted by Apple8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Congrats, ladies!
rockwoot.gif

Can we have the ingre list please?

Thank you.

you got it
smile.gif

cyclomethicone,cyclopentasiloxane,dimethicone,cros spolymer,silica,tocopheryl,acetate,retinyl palmitate,c12-15 alkyl benzoate,mica,titanium dioxide,isopropyl paraben,isobutylparaben,butylparaben,bht

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif you got it
smile.gif

cyclomethicone,cyclopentasiloxane,dimethicone,cros spolymer,silica,tocopheryl,acetate,retinyl palmitate,c12-15 alkyl benzoate,mica,titanium dioxide,isopropyl paraben,isobutylparaben,butylparaben,bht

Thanks blondie36! I went to go copy them from my box and I had thrown it away.
ooops.gif

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love it!
yess.gif
I love it!
yess.gif
*runs off and giggles*
Kat, this is for you!!
goldcup.gif

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
wavey.gif

This is for YOU!!
goldcup.gif

smile.gif

Cool! Thanks, Blondie.
laughing.gif

smile.gif

Wow the first 8-9 ingredients are exactly the same as Global Godess Upgrade Complexion Face Primer that's $35 at Sephora!

Sephora: Global Goddess Upgrade Complexion Face Primer: Primer

Ok ladies I'm convinced I'm going to CVS right after work today and getting this stuff............I'll try and let you guys know how it compares to what I use which is the Laura Gellar Spackle.

Latest posts

Back