Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 primers i want to try( because im hearing a lot of good reviews from my friends)

1. camelia rose

2. pure luxe eraser

3. oil at bay

....can i buy that monistat online?

I just received by Aubrey Nicole Oil Control powder. Can I also use this powder as a finishing powder too or is this not a good idea? Would it be overkill??

I can't wait to try this tomorrow morning because it's supposed to be very hot and humid. The ultimate test.
rotfl.gif

Aww OHD that sucks, I wanted to try that primer because I keep hearing how good it is. Do you have oily skin? Maybe it's that, I have oily skin too so I'd rather not try it. I have an order coming on the Camellia one, can't wait to try it.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif My skin was once TERRIBLY oily, but now it's dried out after using Murad...but I guess it's recovering much more than I thought. lol I did look oily and I haven't seen that in a while now. AND I even used Aubrey Nicole's Rice powder finishing powder.
I guess the good news is my face is making a full recovery from the dryness caused by Murad....but I would be happier with "normal" versus back to oily. Guess I just can't win, huh? lol Or maybe I should use less of my Bio/Emu oil combo moisturizer. I'll try that tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I've ruled everything else out. <shrugs> I sure hope this is it, b/c I was so excited about it. Though I can say that even when using my bio/emu oil combo moisturizer my BE primer kept my MMU on my face all day long.

I don't think any primer/lotion can keep the oil entirely off your face the whole day. When I have make up on, I have to use my papier poudre as soon as my face gets shiny. If it gets ultra oily when I blot, the foundation will run and look cakey on the t zone after I use the paper powder. I am rather sick of making sure I don't forget to blot , even so during the later part of the day you can see the powder building up. Therefore I am trialling less makeup, just concealers and eraser and tinted finishing powder. When I have to use the paper blotters, I think I will look fresher this way.

Blotting also prevents acne for me when I used MU.

One more reason is I look horrible in phtos with the T Dioxide in the foundation. Waiting for my samples now to make my own finishing powder and bronzer shader.

Some two way cake will absorb the oil much better and look better with the powdered blotters. For blotters I prefer the powdered ones. Been using them the last 20 yrs.

I also feel it is not wise to layer stuffs on the face to prevent the oil from coming out as that would cause cystic acne and bad skin.

Hey OHD, how was it? Did it work this time?

I received my order of Camellia Rose! The flat top is super soft and she tossed in a cute bar of soap as an extra! I haven't used it yet but I can't wait. I also received my primer, it is very lightweight and feels sooo good on my skin! I'm not using it with MMU because my foundations haven't arrived yet so I'm using it today with MAC Studio Fix Powder. My skin looks and feels very smooth, I love it! but I want to try it with MMU to give a real review about staying power.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm glad your order arrived and you are happy with it! I can't report such happiness.
scared.gif
Without the emu/bio oil combo my MMU didn't run off my face like before, but it was cakey looking at the end of the day and it melted in "some" spots. <sigh> I should've taken it back today, but I forgot.
Next, I'm going to try either Laura Mercier's Oil Free primer or Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet Primer. I've read great things about both of these in regard t oily skin, but for some reason I'm leaning toward the latter. Mainly b/c in my current Sephora catalog it indicates that it comes in 16 shades so I'm thinking it may give me a head start on evening my skin tone, which "may" cut back on a layer of MMU. I don't know...I guess we'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Ohd, I hope the next one you try works. I am waiting for PL's eraser. Fingers crossed.
How do you find the emu oil on your oily skin? I know it's to treat acne but it's an oil so I am hesitant in using it. Do you like it, no breakouts?

I love shopping for samples to try with mineral sites as they list their ingredients. Being oily , I avoid most products with oils as their major ingre.

Aww that's too bad OHD. Take it back and get one of the others, I haven't tried them I don't have a Sephora but they may work better! I think I won't be using the Camellia Rose daily, it made my skin look and feel really smooth but my skin feels oilier faster, maybe I used too much. Gotta try again with less product and MMU foundation instead of Studio Fix, I love the finish of the primer though.

Originally Posted by Sheikah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aww that's too bad OHD. Take it back and get one of the others, I haven't tried them I don't have a Sephora but they may work better! I think I won't be using the Camellia Rose daily, it made my skin look and feel really smooth but my skin feels oilier faster, maybe I used too much. Gotta try again with less product and MMU foundation instead of Studio Fix, I love the finish of the primer though. Yes, the oils she uses in it worries me, which is why I haven't ordered a jar. Now you say it makes your face oily, maybe it is not too suitable for our skin type.

Lol, yeah I hope hahaha.

Originally Posted by Apple8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, the oils she uses in it worries me, which is why I haven't ordered a jar. Now you say it makes your face oily, maybe it is not too suitable for our skin type. Yeah but I think the studio fix didn't help at all because my face felt kind of the same kind of oily as when I used the Studio Fix alone so it could be that too. When my MMU arrives, Jesus I hope it's soon lol, I'll be posting again :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

I just found a primer at CVS yesterday. It's simply called "Foundation Primer". It's something new. They don't even have it on their website. It's almost the same ingredients as Pure Luxe Eraser. It's a bit thinner but looks exactly like it. It is 26.6 ml for $9.99. I'm going to try it today.

I'll let ya'll know what happens!
7dh.gif

Originally Posted by katnahat /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just found a primer at CVS yesterday. It's simply called "Foundation Primer". It's something new. They don't even have it on their website. It's almost the same ingredients as Pure Luxe Eraser. It's a bit thinner but looks exactly like it. It is 26.6 ml for $9.99. I'm going to try it today.
I'll let ya'll know what happens!
7dh.gif

Oooh, Kat! Can't wait! Do let us know how it goes. I tried looking for Monistat at walmart, but couldn't find it. Where do they store it? lol

I bought mac studio primer and hated it. it caused me to break out. It looked great but not after a few days of break outs!!

I've been using BE prime time and love it. haven't had any breakout issues and it does help the make go on with better coverage and zero breakouts.

after reading this thread, i'm going to try philosophy photo finish.

Oh btw I ordered some supplies from TKB trading and made my own primer and finishing powder a while ago. I haven't been able to use the primer with MMU but I use it alone and it's the only thing that keeps me from getting oily the whole day and it's just two parts kaolin clay one part silica. I don't know how it will work with MMU but it's quite strong IMO, the kaolin is very drying so it helps. I also made a finishing powder with rice powder, silk powder and sericite. When my MMU foundation arrives I'll update about both primers, the one I did and the one from Camellia Rose ;P

Latest posts

Back