Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by sat-chit-ananda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Monistat's Soothing Care powder-gel is an AMAZING primer! It works like a dream with MMU!!! I love it! I have been using it with EDM and it helps the MMU to go on so smoothly. I hate using MMU w/ out it ..

Hmmm... I, too, was using just a moisturizer but after reading all these posts, I think I'm gonna try the Pureluxe or the Lumiere.

Thanks for all the info!!!

wave.gif
Deb

Originally Posted by fickledpink /img/forum/go_quote.gif Does anyone know what the ingredients are in Pureluxe primers? (the cream and the powder) Pure Luxe Eraser (original and color correcting) Gel/Cream

cyclopentasiloxane, C30-45 alykl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, sericite, iron oxide, mica, kaolin, vitamin E and zinc oxidePure Luxe Powder Eraser

tapioca starch, cornstarch, octenylbutanedioate, aluminum salt, boron nitride, lauroyl lysine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, crushed pearl powder, zinc oxide, mica, iron oxide, sericite, titanium dioxide, kaolin, Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicone

smile.gif

Originally Posted by sat-chit-ananda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pure Luxe Eraser (original and color correcting) Gel/Cream

cyclopentasiloxane, C30-45 alykl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, titanium dioxide, sericite, iron oxide, mica, kaolin, vitamin E and zinc oxidePure Luxe Powder Eraser

tapioca starch, cornstarch, octenylbutanedioate, aluminum salt, boron nitride, lauroyl lysine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, crushed pearl powder, zinc oxide, mica, iron oxide, sericite, titanium dioxide, kaolin, Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicone

smile.gif

smile.gif
Thank you Christina

I just use BE mineral veil or EDM finishing dust before the foundation for days when i wanna look perfect
patches.gif
reduces the pores and makes me look like a doll!

Normally I use only foundation because i don´t want to look too matte or dry....

Originally Posted by avesoriano /img/forum/go_quote.gif any reviews on camelia rose primer? I just ordered it a few days ago. Let's see when it gets here.
wink.gif
I've read it's very good!

i read that she is taking a leave since she is going to give birth soon... hope she can still accomodate me.... whats the best primer for large pores?

Hi Sat-Chit,

Are you still around? I'd like to know where you buy the monistat soothing gel since you mentioned it is not available in Oz. Thanks.

Originally Posted by avesoriano /img/forum/go_quote.gif any reviews on camelia rose primer? The camellia rose primer (skin smoothing primer) is my favorite. I've tried BE's, smashbox, Lumiere, Pure Luxe Eraser, Monistat (and probably a few others) but CR skin smoothing primer is the best (IMHO). When I put it on, my skin feels like glass. It is very smooth. My mineral makeup lasts all day (meow) with no issues at all (no oily or greasy feel to it). Best of all, it has never irritated my sensitive, acne prone skin (while some of the others have).
Let us know what you think of the primer after you've had a chance to try it.

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The camellia rose primer (skin smoothing primer) is my favorite. I've tried BE's, smashbox, Lumiere, Pure Luxe Eraser, Monistat (and probably a few others) but CR skin smoothing primer is the best (IMHO). When I put it on, my skin feels like glass. It is very smooth. My mineral makeup lasts all day (meow) with no issues at all (no oily or greasy feel to it). Best of all, it has never irritated my sensitive, acne prone skin (while some of the others have).
Let us know what you think of the primer after you've had a chance to try it.

Where can I find Camellia Rose Primer?

Originally Posted by winnipb /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where can I find Camellia Rose Primer? Go to her website at Camellia Rose Home. I think that is the link. If not, go to google and type in camellia-rose and skincare. It should be the first one. Let me know if you have any problems finding it.
I saw on her website that she will be closing in a few weeks to prepare for the birth of her baby. I think I will order the primer again (even though I have some) so I am not without it.

Good luck. I really think you will love it! I'd love to hear your feedback once you try it.

I have tried both Aubrey Nicole and Camellia Rose primers: they are both excellent for prolonging coverage and do not break me out. I prefer the Aubrey Nicole as I find it more hydrating but the Camellia Rose has a lovely scent.

Originally Posted by janetsbreeze /img/forum/go_quote.gif i use plain old monistat anti-chafing gel and it works great with my mmu where can you buy this? is it comparable to mac and camelia rose?

She just sent me the invoice for the shipping and it's going to ship today or tomorrow so I'll update when it gets here. I also ordered a flat top, let's see how that goes too
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back