Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Lumiere's perfecting primer. Here are the ingredients.

Silicone

Squalane

Coenzyme Q10

Silk Amino Acids

Originally Posted by alyssaeve /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Lumiere's perfecting primer. Here are the ingredients.Silicone

Squalane

Coenzyme Q10

Silk Amino Acids

Personally I love Lumiere's products. How do you like the primer? If you've used another gel primer is this one comparable to another? Thank you.

mm i havnt tried using a primer.. i just put on moisturizer first... does it make a big difference?
redface.gif

Gvieve-

I have tried DHC, Smashbox, Clinique Pore Minimize, Coloresciene Line Tamer and on and on. They all seem pretty much the same to me except for the Smashbox which really bothered my skin. What I like about the Lumiere primer is it only has a small list of ingredients and besides the silicone, which is in almost all primers, they are really good ingredients. It creates a really nice base for the Lumiere. I like that the Lumiere foundation is really good at minimizing pores on it's own and even better with the primer.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Pureluxe cream eraser and it is the best primer I've ever applied on my face. Really goes on so smooth and made my pores look microscopic. Pureluxe makes mineral cosmetics so they specifically made their erasers (both cream and powder) for mineral makeup. I had to try some of this so I ordered a small jar of it. It's really reasonably priced, so if I hate it I am only out $8 and not $36
smile.gif

I' have a small sample of Smashbox I have been wanting to try, the other primers are tempting too, but I might as well try this one since I have it lying around.... my question is how much primer do I apply? Im thinking about the size of a pencil eraser, or is that to much? How much do you apply?

i just ordered "Premiere Puss" Primer Powder. i didnt try cream primers because i wanted to see what a 100% mineral powder can do. i use mac prep+prime rite now

Originally Posted by alyssaeve /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Lumiere's perfecting primer. Here are the ingredients.Silicone

Squalane

Coenzyme Q10

Silk Amino Acids

that sounds tempting. imay have to try this when i run out of the huge tub of meow primer
laughing.gif

I just tried using some rice bran oil underneath my mmu today. it seems to work great. my face looks flawless - much more so than when I was using plain ol moisturiser underneath.

the mmu just seemed to smooth on much easier.

Originally Posted by geminisc /img/forum/go_quote.gif You can get it from Garden of Wisdom very cheaply. http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/home.html
But I got mine from the local supermarket in the oils section.

I have looked at every supermarket in the area and can't find rice bran oil. Anyone in the USA see it in a supermarket? I even tried several Asian markets.

Thanks geminisc,

I will check out the thread. I did hear something about refined vs not refined and cold-pressed or expeller processed. I was told to get refined cold pressed. Now I'll check the thread,

Thanks again

No problem. Good luck!

After reading the thread, I am unsure if I want to stay with the supermarket brand. So we shall see. I might go back to oils when my GoW order comes in. In the meantime, my primer from Jen (Camellia Rose Primer) arrived in the mail today.

Guess what I'll be doing tonight? *wicked gleam in eye*

Originally Posted by Wism /img/forum/go_quote.gif I' have a small sample of Smashbox I have been wanting to try, the other primers are tempting too, but I might as well try this one since I have it lying around.... my question is how much primer do I apply? Im thinking about the size of a pencil eraser, or is that to much? How much do you apply? I'm thinking that a pencil eraser size would be too much. It may depend on if you have oily skin or not. I use maybe half of that amount for the Smashbox. I don't want my skin to feel like I have a layer of petroleum jelly on my face at the end of the day so I keep it light. I also have the Meow primer. I lightly dust this on top of the Smashbox to help with the oily skin. My daughter can't handle the Meow primer though.

Please be sure to post about your results with Jen's primer. I'm interested to know how you like it.

Thanks

I've ordered the lumiere perfecting primer cuz the ing. are natural enough. im still waiting for my tub ' meow puss primer
biggrin.gif
teehee

Has anyone considered using aloe vera gel/oil as a primer? I heard that this may be considered as a primer, and since I'm on a budget, it's much cheaper for me to get aloe vera gel than buy a cosmetic primer.

Originally Posted by sgoofi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Has anyone considered using aloe vera gel/oil as a primer? I heard that this may be considered as a primer, and since I'm on a budget, it's much cheaper for me to get aloe vera gel than buy a cosmetic primer. Honestly, if you're on a budget, you really can't beat the Monistat stuff. It's around $6.50 a tube and you get a lot of product for the money.

Originally Posted by periwinkle_sky /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Pureluxe cream eraser and it is the best primer I've ever applied on my face. Really goes on so smooth and made my pores look microscopic. Pureluxe makes mineral cosmetics so they specifically made their erasers (both cream and powder) for mineral makeup. Periwinkle, have you ever tried the Smashbox photofinish primer? Just wondering how it compares w/ the Pureluxe cream eraser...is the cream eraser much better than the Smashbox? I kinda want to try a new primer, I like the Smashbox but just wonder if there's anything better out there...thanks.
rotfl.gif

Back