Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody experience with Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch and MMU?

Hi, I tried Clarins ISPT primer and found that in this dry-cold winter climate, it does not work well with my Alima foundation. I am using the satin matte foundation. I am not sure if it is the primer or the foundation. I used it with a sample of Laura Mercier before but it made me break out.
frown.gif

I also make my own primer with a silicone gel and squalane oil. If your skin is dry squalane oil is a real nice light oil by itself.

I've tried the Monistat but didn't like it. It prevented my MMU from being buffed in. I just received my Baby Pink Milky base today so I'm going to try it tomorrow morning to see if it prevents the oilies for me.

Anyone tried a Primer in Powder form? Aubrey Nicole Mineral make up site has a Primer in mineral powder form and i'm interested in that! Not looking for a primer in gel/cream form since those contains unwanted chemicals and ingredients not needed for my acne prone skin!

Originally Posted by iceboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Anyone tried a Primer in Powder form? Aubrey Nicole Mineral make up site has a Primer in mineral powder form and i'm interested in that! Not looking for a primer in gel/cream form since those contains unwanted chemicals and ingredients not needed for my acne prone skin! I find it difficult to understand how a powder primer would work???

I'm looking for a good primer that won't break out my acne prone skin. My skin literally breaks out to every cream/gel out there. I need all natural ingredients.

I've just started using "Laura Geller's Spackle makeup primer", it's really great and I was surprised at how good it was. My makeup stays put all day and it contains mica, which I guess deflects light and does some kind of good stuff to make you look great.

Oh yeah and the Laura Geller Spackle is really inexpensive compared to the Smashbox Primer I ordered. It's almost half the price!

Originally Posted by calico /img/forum/go_quote.gif I also make my own primer with a silicone gel and squalane oil. If your skin is dry squalane oil is a real nice light oil by itself. where can you buy this from? i never heard of this,thanks in advance
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find it difficult to understand how a powder primer would work??? i thought the same thing ... but a lot of members here use just plain EDM finishing dust as primer and it seems to work great for them ... i tried it ... wasn't as effective as smashbox photofinish ... but it's better than using no primer

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif can anyone suggest a good primer to use with edm , ive tried mac primer but it seems like the mmu dont blend to well, or should i not use any @ all?
smile.gif
Pur Minerals makes a REALLY nice light primer JUST for under mineral makeup! There are two to chose from. I have used both and they are really nice and light and I haven't had any problems, PLUS they are mineral based just like the rest of the line. They come in small pump bottles. ULTA carries Pur Minerals and you can go on their website (or Pur Minerals) to order or find an outlet near you. One is a pale green that smoothes your skin and helps hide blotches/acne redness/spots and makes your pores look smaller (they both do that) and is called Color Correcting Primer. The other is called See No More and it is a pore minimizer/primer and is white but has no color on, it also mattes the skin and helps with lines and wrinkles. Neither one is greasy or oily. If you need an oil free moisture they have one that is mineral based also called Mineral Moisture Infusion I hope that helps. I STILL break out too so I have to watch what I use too. I tried the Laura Geller Spackle (sephora or qvc) and it is nice too, it is a little more moist feeling, but makes your skin look nice. good luck! I hope you find one that works!
hand.gif
Chermarie

I've also used Laura Geller's make-up primer (spackle), and I really like it. The easiest way to order her products is through qvc.com.

Linda

P.S. I just ordered the Pur Luxe primer sample - couldn't resist after hearing all the positive feedback!

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I find it difficult to understand how a powder primer would work??? I use a mineral (powder) primer & it works great. Even the gel primers gotta dry sometime its the same thing it just starts dry. Ive never tried it with liquid makeup so I cant really vouch for that one.

Originally Posted by sunny101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've just started using "Laura Geller's Spackle makeup primer", it's really great and I was surprised at how good it was. My makeup stays put all day and it contains mica, which I guess deflects light and does some kind of good stuff to make you look great.
Oh yeah and the Laura Geller Spackle is really inexpensive compared to the Smashbox Primer I ordered. It's almost half the price!

regarding the Laura Geller is this in a pump bottle? I heard the puimp bottle was a new formulation and it was great, that the cream cup was harder to work with

It's in the cream cup, I wasn't aware of a new formula in a pump. The cream cup comes with a little spatula and it's pretty easy to use. Good luck finding one for you.

Hey I saw a lot of talk about Laura Geller's Spackle and thought you might like to know you can get a sample if you oreder from Sephora......here is the link with the code. I have recieved a sample....and find it causes my makeup to splotch...but I may be using too much.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f47...ode-40587.html

OOOhhh another quick note...Smashbox On-The-Go Primer in the .5 oz size is on sale for $15 bucks from Sephora if you are interested in trying both you could buy this one and use the code BEAUTE33 to get the Laura Geller 1oz Spackle sample.

Back