Mineral makeup primer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by momidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I craft my own primer for my mineral makeup. It's really easy too. I use equal parts of serecite mica and silica powder to make my own primer and I put it in a sifter jar. You can get silica powder from Monave, and serecite mica from Garden of Wisdom. I have very oily skin and this works great for me. I use this primer as a finishing powder too. Now see Mommidoll you're talking "big things" A friend of mine just made a lot of her own mineral makeup and she gave some of us on MUT (already her girlfriends from way back no business venture at all in mind)a lot of stuff. Anyway she showed me Serecite from TKB and Serecite from GOW. Man what a difference! GOW's is premium grade to the max. This one makes a fantastic finishing powder. Get this. She made like 5 different finishing powders. Added some Oxides to it and this stuff is excellent.

One has Kaolin, one silk, one rice powder, and the list goes on I can't remember anyway her thread is on her about made my own HG. Sounds like you and her are on the same page with the DIY
laughing.gif

I still use the lauress kick start but I also use Silica powder works great even better than the kickstart. Another bonus the silica powder is also cheap, cheap, cheap.

I'm using the laura gellar spackle also and it works great! a litle does go a long way.

I bought on ebay for about $6.00 with shipping. I am going to try and bid for another although I do have alot left. It only takes a little and you do have to let it dry but it drys really fast. I noticed a huge difference using this with mineral makeup

Originally Posted by memaize /img/forum/go_quote.gif The Aromaleigh site reccomends oils, such as Olive, almond etc. This morning I tried a little bit of Emu oil (if you can stand the smell) prior to EDM Intense formula .....and I'm surprized to say it looks really nice. I agree that using oil works great. I use emu oil in my night routine now, because when I used it during the day, the smell was more than i could stand. I swear by the emu oil though, It is really great for many different skin problems.

Originally Posted by Min /img/forum/go_quote.gif I still use the lauress kick start but I also use Silica powder works great even better than the kickstart. Another bonus the silica powder is also cheap, cheap, cheap. that`s a great idea
smile.gif
they have 2 kinds,which one do you use?and thanks for the link

Originally Posted by blondie36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif that`s a great idea
smile.gif
they have 2 kinds,which one do you use?and thanks for the link I use the Silica Microspheres its a little more trans than the other. If you use to much you can still look white though. You dont need alot to do the job.

Originally Posted by Min /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use the Silica Microspheres its a little more trans than the other. If you use to much you can still look white though. You dont need alot to do the job. Have you ever used the silicone microspheres? Wondering what they would do differently. Anyone know?
Thanks

Originally Posted by calico /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have you ever used the silicone microspheres? Wondering what they would do differently. Anyone know?
Thanks

Never used them I try to stay as natural as I can. I guess it could do the same job, but maybe for different skin types. I know some people cant use silicone.

I bought some of the silica ronasperes and they are excellent!

If you want to try them please hurry cause TKB is discontinuing them. A little goes a very long way.

i like smashbox too, but its quite costly and since im only using mineral makeup now, i decided to go with a primer from a mineral makeup company. right now im using lumiere's perfecting primer and i think its great. love it.

I'm new on MMU. I wanted to explore some primer for my MMU samples. I think you can get a sample of the monistat chafing relief. Sorry I am not able to post a link, but cutting and pasting the one below at the address bar should work.

monistat.com/soothingcare/request_sample_buffer

I saw great reviews on another board about silica.

Min-do any other places carry the silica...preferably in a store? I went on that site to get a sample...it costs $6 for shipping a sample bag.

Smashbox Photofinish with the antishine-gel, but I have just ordered Eraser from Pur Luxe and I'm eager to try that and see how it holds up. My issue is large pores, and I have high expectations for Eraser (ordered the regular kind and the anti-red formula too).

Oh, and I also use the Lumene Face Makeup Base (awesome for a low-low price compared to Smashbox).

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I saw great reviews on another board about silica.
Min-do any other places carry the silica...preferably in a store? I went on that site to get a sample...it costs $6 for shipping a sample bag.

I just placed an order for the silica that Min suggested. I am hoping this works for me. Other primers I've tried are ok but nothing I find outstanding.

Originally Posted by icecookies /img/forum/go_quote.gif I bought some of the silica ronasperes and they are excellent!
If you want to try them please hurry cause TKB is discontinuing them. A little goes a very long way.

Since you are the expert, do you like the ronasperes better than silica or the silicone microspheres? Do you know which would be better for skin with large pores?
Thanks a million

Originally Posted by geminisc /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Calico,
Out of curiousity, where do you gets yours from?

Believe I bought some from theconservatorie, but have never used them.

Originally Posted by triol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Smashbox Photofinish with the antishine-gel, but I have just ordered Eraser from Pur Luxe and I'm eager to try that and see how it holds up. My issue is large pores, and I have high expectations for Eraser (ordered the regular kind and the anti-red formula too).
Oh, and I also use the Lumene Face Makeup Base (awesome for a low-low price compared to Smashbox).

I am with you having the large pores in different parts of my face. Thanks for the info and let me know how the new products work for you.

Thanks

Since you are the expert, do you like the ronasperes better than silica or the silicone microspheres? Do you know which would be better for skin with large pores?

Whoa no way Calico! I'm by no means an expert at all! I'm just learning and trying. I like the Ronasperes better but the Microspheres are very good too. Also I would this be something that you will add into your foundation or are you planning on making a seperate primer?

Back