MMU lookalikes and dupes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by realmccoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif How are you liking silk perfection Igor? Silk minerals is an ebay company, it is my absolute favorite. Well, it has been only couple of days since I got my silk minerals order, so I`m still in a trial period... haven`t played out enough with my samples yet
smile.gif

What I can say for sure though--I`m absolutely in love with the effect the tinted veil gives to my complexion. It virtually enhances it( and I thought it would be too dark for me)! The regular one is also good but looks better with the tinted one above(I apply it as a bronzer)

Yet, one thing I still haven`t figured out completely : what is the staying power of these products. I mean, after an hour or so I applied their foudation+2veis on my face(and I did applied the powder also before the foundation), my combo skin was shining again so I had to reapply numerously during the day. But, maybe it`s just my unexperienced application or the wrong ammount of this staff or just our humid weather...not sure.

Oh, and when you are next ordering from Karen, just ask for "climax" (blush) sample. She claims it to be a dupe of Nars and it`s absolutely gorgeous color(this one, btw, holds the whole day!)

Originally Posted by Momo /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks for the contribution igor! I will add it now. Is silk minerals an Ebay company? I don't personally know their web address The name of this ebay store is silknaturals mineral makeup store

Hi Momo

These are all Fusion of Color

Nars O = Gracie

BE Esenada = Masab

BE Catwomen = Black Cat

BE Original Oz = Lucy

I know there are more can't remember and she has some new one out for testing, I read that on another forum

T

Originally Posted by Momo /img/forum/go_quote.gif how does this look dcole? Limited Edition HONEY PEARL 10g Sifter Jar
I think it looks similar.

How about we do it this way, someone names a color, and I (or anyone) will try to look and find a dupe, and if you confirm it is a dupe I will add it to above list.

Thanks Momo. I think I'm going to order it and then I'll post the results!

I owned a ton of MAC prior to going to MMU. I am still searching for a mineral version of MAC's jewel blue & MAC's orange.

MAC club=EDM's shopping spree & OMC's seaweed

MAC felt blue= OMC's midnight sea

MAC bitter or overgrown= OMC's sunset tide

MAC waternymph= OMC's aquamarine

MAC mulch= EDM's comfy & OMC's guadalupe brown

MAC concrete= EDM's wild flowers

MAC pink venus= EDM's pink pajamas

MAC yogurt= EDM's birthday cake

MAC kid= OMC's sandy bottom & EDM's hot chocolate

can we make this thread a sticky please??

thank you soo much fishchick! Maybe someone should click the "!" button and ask a mod to make this a sticky

I'm adding your lookalikes right now

Wow this thread is growing fast! Yes! I'm about to go look for dupes of mac's orange and jewel blue for ya

EDIT: On my monitor Medusa's "Wasabi" looks like a dead ringer for jewel blue. If it works out let us know!
smile.gif
(Eye Dust all natural minerals) Also, Medusa's Tiger, Fyrinnae's Hot-tempered color "Cat Fight", Fyrinnae's HTC "sarcasm", or Fyrinnae's impish/daybreak might work for Mac's orange. I can't tell very well which might be best.

Originally Posted by Momo /img/forum/go_quote.gif thank you soo much fishchick! Maybe someone should click the "!" button and ask a mod to make this a sticky
I'm adding your lookalikes right now

Wow this thread is growing fast! Yes! I'm about to go look for dupes of mac's orange and jewel blue for ya

EDIT: On my monitor Medusa's "Wasabi" looks like a dead ringer for jewel blue. If it works out let us know!
smile.gif
(Eye Dust all natural minerals) Also, Medusa's Tiger, Fyrinnae's Hot-tempered color "Cat Fight", Fyrinnae's HTC "sarcasm", or Fyrinnae's impish/daybreak might work for Mac's orange. I can't tell very well which might be best.

thanks so much for the recommendations & I had no idea to click the "!", LOL!!

Is Medusa a mineral makeup company? I don't see ingredients listed.......and I prefer loose powders........

oh, I see the loose ones now & it does say it's MMU. But the wasabi looks much lighter than jewel blue........

MAC Mineral SkinFinish in Petticoat - Monave Mystic Rose blush

My favorite Mac Skinfinish Stereo Rose is unsafe for eyes, but I found Sweetscents' Tibetan Ochre (a deep metallic pink, really, nothing at all "Ochre" about it) eyesafe and a close match when applied, even though it looks darker in the powder form.
biggrin.gif

BE "Well Rested"= Meow undereye concealer in frisky chartreux, easy to go darker on this one too
smile.gif

Back