Mmu -tips

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by blondbarbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif when i put it on i end up looking OLD it settles in all the cracks what to do??? just started with minerals ,HELP My first thought is that you are applying too much. Use less and do light layers. If it settles into lines after a few hours, I'd think a good primer powder should take care of that. I was in the "trial & error" mode of using minerals for about 6 months. So it takes some practice!
biggrin.gif

Blond,

What kind are you using? Some do better at not settling than others.

I have a big one tip! go to youtube.com and see how to apply minerals on your face. there are a lot of videos that show everything very good. I've a lot of experiance with MMU but I saw a lot of videos that give me a lot of tips. its great site. you just need to click :mineral makeup

Coverage usually depends upon the amount of applications you use. If you only apply one layer, you'll have lighter application. Apply more layers for more coverage. That's the great thing about mineral makeup!! It's so versatile.

Oh, and another suggestion for mineral eyeshadows. In order to get a more bold look, try wetting your brush with just a tad water or moisturizer- just a small bit. If you want to use eye colors as eyeliners, use an angle liner brush.

my next tip came because every time that I order a full size or sample size in a jar I see this problem.

when I open the jar and I see the stiker on the sifter I take it out. and its not good at all. because the holes is very very big and all the loose dispersed all over the place or my drawer.

I was thinking about that how do I avoid this problem and I found a simple solution.

not to take out the stiker on the sifter only peirce one or two holes where the allready existing.

this way the loose don't dispresed all over and its so clean.

I hope my idea clear to you..

Originally Posted by newyorlatin /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes it is for the eyes but a key ingredient in it is helpful/soothing to acne. It takes the red out of pimples. I just wanted to confirm what you said & explain in further detail.... Visine makes the tiny blood vessels in your eyes contract so that they are not visible and your eyes to not appear red. It works the same way with pimples. It contracts the blood vessels to decrease the red appearance around the pimple. I've never tried it, but I suppose adding Visine to your MM concealer could work in two ways, by both constricting blood vessles, and covering up the imperfection.

And that is the opionion of your newbie EMT.

Thanks!

ive been trying to get this application to work for awhile and i FINALLY found the best tip EVER and wanted to share it with u ladies,heres what works for me,first i swirl minerals on my brush and then use my blow dryer to warm up minerals (it also takes off extra) then buff into my skin and i swear it just melts into my somewhat dry skin,some girls also warm their brush in a coffee warmer but i think that takes to long and i love the blow dryer method because i always put to much minerals on my brush so it blows off the the extra minerals ,i swear by this tip!

fyi; i forgot to mention not to put the brush to close to the blow dryer or you could ruin your brush

Originally Posted by blondbarbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif when i put it on i end up looking OLD it settles in all the cracks what to do??? just started with minerals ,HELP It happened to me when I used a lighter shade than my skintone.Make sure that you are using the right shade for your skin. What brush are you using?

For looking OLD with MMU, I've found that the brand you are using makes a huge difference. Me - I can't wear BE at all. It's too shiney and sinks in the fine lines around my eyes making me look ancient.

Not exactly the look I am going for.

I have normal skin with some adult acne, and I found that the best results are when I apply my foundation (EDM intensive medium tan) about 5 minutes after I have gently massaged my skin with rosehip oil (rosehip oil is great for getting rid of my acne scar and discolouration).

Products made of all natural, finely ground minerals from the earth, without any of the chemicals, dyes, and preservatives found in traditional makeup is called mineral make up.

Rule #1 - start will a thin layer and build up if you need in the areas that need it.

I start from the outside of my face and work my way inward towards my nose. I spritz my face after with a fine mist to set the foundation and take the look of powderiness away. A good brush makes a huge difference. ELF's studio line powder brush makes a great applicator for mineral foundation and its only $3!!

Rule #2 - stay away from ones with sheen. anything with bismuth oxychloride is bad. Not only is it shiny, its an irritant.

Rule #3 - a good primer makes your foundation last all day without touch up or blotting if your face is not on the oily side. (mine is normal to slightly combination skin)

Rule #4 - exfoliate and moisturize so there are no flakes.

Rule #5 - drink plenty of water, get plenty of rest and eat properly. Makeup can only do some much. You can only hide so much. Its not magic.

Thank you divadoll,

for letting us know the step wise step procedure.

but let me try first that which one would be the best for my dark complexion.

you'r rock!

one day, was so hot that I needed something that will stick the foundation all the day to my face. I tried to play with my minerals and I found something new.

one lay of concealer before applying foundation will give you the coverage and the last power that you looking for.

its amaizing and I'm happy that I found out that.

Back