• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ModCloth Stylish Surprise Grab Bags

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jealous of the stuff y'all got! This was what came in my box.. http://www.modcloth.com/shop/blouses/meow-about-that-top My face when I saw it was pretty much like 
icon_eek.gif
. Not my style at all lol.
OMG what size is it?!?! It looks amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahAlly01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually love it!! I'm obsessed with all things mint colored right now and also kind of obsessed with cats on my clothing. I'm weird lol

I don't mind the colour but I'm a bird/dog person that doesn't really like "busy" prints in general. Probably 85% of my wardrobe is solid black haha.

Quote: Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG what size is it?!?! It looks amazing.
It's a small. I haven't tried it on but it looks like it might be a little tight around my swimmer shoulders, since there's no stretch. I'm a size 0-2 or XS/S in most stores.

Quote: Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that cat print top is adorable!
haha I must be the only one who doesn't like it, and of course I ended up with it :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got my box. When I got it i was like O.O this box is so small. LOL Apparently they just folded the clothes up very nice, which I appreciate. Save the environment!

At work now, but I cannot for the life of me remember some of the stuff I got...

I got this: http://www.collectif.co.uk/flamingo-melody-flamingo-skirt-p-sku09110303-c-black.html

and three other dresses, all of which looked super adorable. I'll have to go back home and find them on the website. The clothes looked super small so I hope I didn't wrongly estimate my size... They all looked super cute though so I'm very pleased.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box. When I got it i was like O.O this box is so small. LOL Apparently they just folded the clothes up very nice, which I appreciate. Save the environment!

At work now, but I cannot for the life of me remember some of the stuff I got...

I got this: http://www.collectif.co.uk/flamingo-melody-flamingo-skirt-p-sku09110303-c-black.html

and three other dresses, all of which looked super adorable. I'll have to go back home and find them on the website. The clothes looked super small so I hope I didn't wrongly estimate my size... They all looked super cute though so I'm very pleased.
Took a little detective work and clever googling, but these are the three dresses I got:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/effortless-allure-dress-in-fuchsia http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/artist-s-specimen-dress http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/walk-with-me-dress   I'm not totally digging the flamingo, but I can figure it out. I'm totally pleased with this order though -- definitely got my money's worth. My favourite of the bunch is the effortless allure dress!   Everything fit to a T though I can't gain any weight. @__@ This is why I'm always terrified of ordering XS sized stuff, even though bigger would look awkward...   Also, this is such a witchy problem to complain about, but i feel like XS sized stuff always tend to be super petite-sized too. I'm not short, just thing, so I feel like the dresses tended to be awkwardly short on me :S It placed the waist about 1-3 inches higher than I like it, but that might also be retro-style clothes.

i love what you got! you should feel lucky...i got XS items and one was a coat ( to wear in my 90 degree texan weather) and I got a sweater that fits like an XL.  All I wanted was ONE dress :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

All three of those dresses are super cute! I'm having major envy of everyone's cute clothes. I probably won't do this again. I really don't like the coat I got, and I have no idea what I'm going todo with it.

Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All three of those dresses are super cute! I'm having major envy of everyone's cute clothes. I probably won't do this again. I really don't like the coat I got, and I have no idea what I'm going todo with it.
ditto :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it seems like everyone got cute things besides me lol

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i love what you got! you should feel lucky...i got XS items and one was a coat ( to wear in my 90 degree texan weather) and I got a sweater that fits like an XL.  All I wanted was ONE dress :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aw, I'm sorry ladies. :S javagirl87 -- did you contact them about the sweater? Does it say size XS/0? Maybe that's just the style... I like oversized stuff. Worst comes to worst, you could try putting it up on eBay. I'm sure someone will grab it from you so you can break even at least.

Aw, I'm sorry ladies. :S javagirl87 -- did you contact them about the sweater? Does it say size XS/0? Maybe that's just the style... I like oversized stuff. Worst comes to worst, you could try putting it up on eBay. I'm sure someone will grab it from you so you can break even at least.
it does say XS...but it's not very attractive either lol. it looks like something you'd buy at hollister...10 years ago.

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a small. I haven't tried it on but it looks like it might be a little tight around my swimmer shoulders, since there's no stretch. I'm a size 0-2 or XS/S in most stores.
oops no I lied, I pulled it on last night and it's a little difficult to maneuver over my head since my industrial is flaring up again, but it's actually a little loose once it's on.

Took a little detective work and clever googling, but these are the three dresses I got:

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/effortless-allure-dress-in-fuchsia http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/artist-s-specimen-dress http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/walk-with-me-dress   I'm not totally digging the flamingo, but I can figure it out. I'm totally pleased with this order though -- definitely got my money's worth. My favourite of the bunch is the effortless allure dress!   Everything fit to a T though I can't gain any weight. @__@ This is why I'm always terrified of ordering XS sized stuff, even though bigger would look awkward...   Also, this is such a witchy problem to complain about, but i feel like XS sized stuff always tend to be super petite-sized too. I'm not short, just thing, so I feel like the dresses tended to be awkwardly short on me :S It placed the waist about 1-3 inches higher than I like it, but that might also be retro-style clothes.
LOVE those dresses, super jealous :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree with XS (and also S) sized stuff being super petite. It's really difficult to find short dresses that aren't too short on me because I've got a long torso. but shorter legs. I look the same height as friends that are 6'0+ when we're sitting, but once we stand up they tower over me lol, I'm 5'5-5'6. It drives me crazy when I shop online for dresses and it says "model is 5'7-5'9 and is wearing a S" and it's almost knee length on them, but then I order it just to have it end right at my crotch even though I'm shorter than the pictured models..

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oops no I lied, I pulled it on last night and it's a little difficult to maneuver over my head since my industrial is flaring up again, but it's actually a little loose once it's on.

LOVE those dresses, super jealous :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree with XS (and also S) sized stuff being super petite. It's really difficult to find short dresses that aren't too short on me because I've got a long torso. but shorter legs. I look the same height as friends that are 6'0+ when we're sitting, but once we stand up they tower over me lol, I'm 5'5-5'6. It drives me crazy when I shop online for dresses and it says "model is 5'7-5'9 and is wearing a S" and it's almost knee length on them, but then I order it just to have it end right at my crotch even though I'm shorter than the pictured models..
Tall asian girls ftw!

Petite sized stuff also tends to be to be smaller as well. At BR, the petite S = regular XS in waste, for example.

I never thought I had short legs, but regular-length jeans tend to be too long for me. Like, WTF. I'm 5'6 and wearing a 0-2. Most girls who wear that size are shorter than me so who are these girls who have legs longer than me?! @__@

ugh super annoying ~thin privilege~ problems I know. I do have a hard time shopping though because so many things fit kind of wonky

Tall asian girls ftw! Petite sized stuff also tends to be to be smaller as well. At BR, the petite S = regular XS in waste, for example. I never thought I had short legs, but regular-length jeans tend to be too long for me. Like, WTF. I'm 5'6 and wearing a 0-2. Most girls who wear that size are shorter than me so who are these girls who have legs longer than me?! @__@ ugh super annoying ~thin privilege~ problems I know. I do have a hard time shopping though because so many things fit kind of wonky
Same here on the jeans! I'm 5'7", usually wear a 2, and regular jeans are almost always too long on me. I can't figure it out. I do have a long torso though.

Quote:

Tall asian girls ftw!

Petite sized stuff also tends to be to be smaller as well. At BR, the petite S = regular XS in waste, for example.

I never thought I had short legs, but regular-length jeans tend to be too long for me. Like, WTF. I'm 5'6 and wearing a 0-2. Most girls who wear that size are shorter than me so who are these girls who have legs longer than me?! @__@

ugh super annoying ~thin privilege~ problems I know. I do have a hard time shopping though because so many things fit kind of wonky

I'm actually the shortest person in my family lol, it's so sad that I'm the oldest in my generation but I'm always mistaken for the youngest because the others all tower over me.

Yeah, most regular length jeans wrap around my feet and end at where my toes begin. It's like a scavenger hunt to find a pair that is the correct length! I also sometimes have to go up a size in jeans/pants just because I pack on muscle in my legs really easily, and the 10 lbs of muscle I gained over 3 months of physical therapy on my knee really didn't help. At all.

Same :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I saw this adorable dress the other day and it looked great on the mannequin but when I tried it on, the waist was at the widest part of my ribs and made me look super wide because it was cut so it flares out at the waist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellatrix42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here on the jeans! I'm 5'7", usually wear a 2, and regular jeans are almost always too long on me. I can't figure it out. I do have a long torso though.

long torso'd girls unite!

lol short asian girl over here...i never find things that fit me. it's gotten to the point I have to make my own clothing...

I wish we could all just get clothes from Asia. They're super cute and fashionable and they fit :C Well, usually fit. I'm even more tall in Asia LOL

I wish we could all just get clothes from Asia. They're super cute and fashionable and they fit :C Well, usually fit. I'm even more tall in Asia LOL
haha yeah i buy from yesstyle.com 1-2  times a year and just make a huge order. I love their items and they're all from taiwan, japan and korea

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha yeah i buy from yesstyle.com 1-2  times a year and just make a huge order. I love their items and they're all from taiwan, japan and korea
I've been looking around lookbook.nu to see what places the ~stylish~ are ordering their clothes. They have a few retailers that have free international shipping which, on top of the not-so-crazy prices, makes me think they're from Asia...

right? Last time I went to China I took an extra empty suitcase HAHAHA. I filled it up with shoes though, I couldn't resist. There's this huge market 5 minutes from our place in Beijing that has literally 2 floors of booths devoted to shoes. I didn't even make it up to the other floors with clothes/phone accessories etc.

I'm probably going again this summer though... > :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back