"Model in a Bottle"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used it on several brides and LOVE it, I am setting up a wholesalers account because i liked it so much. It's a light layer of "breathable" acrylics....very good stuff!

wow I definitely have to give this a try and put in my kit. I have been hearing soooo many good things about this. I was wondering if it helps to keep away shine. I am nomal/oily, but only get oily on my t-zone and was wondering if using powder to take away shine takes away from the effectiveness of Model in a bottle? Thanks!

Bumping the thread.... They had this product at the new cosmetic boutique here in Rochester. I tried it on my face, 3 spritz. I LOVE the scent, left my face smelling pretty good for quite a while. LOL.

Other than that, I still haven't noticed anything miraculous about this product. I mean, I already use smashbox primer so my makeup does last quite a while anyways, but I havent noticed that the product makes an additional difference. I will keep my MU on until later tonight and see. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oh wow sounds great!!! will have to see if anyone has something like this in aus!!! if not im gonna have to arrange something to get this stuff!!!

I can't seem to fight the feeling that half of these products are hairspray in disguise! :screams: :eusa_wall: :sheep: :icon_scratch:

Intersting. I know that mineral water is suppose to do the same for foundation and such, but mascara might have to be water proof for it to work.

I googled this products ingredients, and its major components are: SD alcohol 408 and purified water, amongst other things.. I would try a water/alcohol fine spritz on my face first to see if that could possibly help..

According to the "Model In A Bottle" website, the ingredients for Model In A Bottle Original Formula are: SD Alcohol 408, Purified Water, Isopentildyal[sic], Acrylates / Octocrylamide[sic], Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Biosaccharide Gum, Propylaparden[sic], Methylaparaben[sic], Diazoilinyl[sic], and light Fragrance (quite a few spelling errors in the chemical names on that site, I must say).

From what I know, octylacrylamide/acrylates are the active ingredients found in hair spray formulations as fixative resins. SD Alcohol 408, purified water and isopentyldiol are solvents. Propylparaben, methylparaben and diazolidinyl urea are preservatives.

I would love to try this....after I get paid for my job haha. I have no money right now and soo many products on my wish-list.

Ellen Marie

lol i know right. Did anyone other than me every spray hairspray on their face as a young girl to make their makeup stay on? lol i did, b/c my friend told me to. Granted this was the same girl who shaved around her eyebrows instead of plucking or waxing.

Anyway, i've always wanted to try this, but have heard such mixed reviews on it. I would like to hear some more opinions from normal girls who use it.

I don't think I would want to waste my money on this. If it seems too good to be true...lol, you know how the saying goes.

Back