Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know that is the exact reason why I haven't tried it. But I continue to see, and hear people rave about this product, so I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work, atleast I didn't spend a lot, and back to Smashbox I will be. I'll probably end up picking up another Smashbox primer anyway...

Robyn from the Brightest Bulb in the Box blog did a post comparing Monistat to Smashbox primer and in her test Monistat performed either worse or the same as her control swatch with no primer. 

She did another test with a bunch of other primers (16 total) and Sephora's primer was one of her top performers. And it's only $15 for a decent size. That's my go-to.

Well I guess I'm easily sold. You talked me out of the Monistat and into Sephora's primer - which I have not tried yet, and $15 is a deal! Thanks for the input!

Well I guess I'm easily sold. You talked me out of the Monistat and into Sephora's primer - which I have not tried yet, and $15 is a deal! Thanks for the input!
:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> No problem. I rely a lot of reviews when I buy products, and Robyn actually test a lot of different products and post pictures, results. She takes a lot of the research work out for me.

I tried this and wasn't that impressed. All it did was give that slip to the skin which made applying the foundation easier. I don't have super oiy skin so I don't have issues with foundation melting off during the day. It might help with that, but I don't know. It certainly didn't do anything to improve the overall finish of my makeup, nor did it blur any pores or fine lines.

Most companies are making primers that do double duty (brightening, correcting, pore perfecting etc) And Monistat doesn't do any of those things, so sadly, this chafing gel has just been sitting there .... all alone, for about a year now.

I really wanted this to work to. I love it when I find an awesomely cheap dupe!

Back