Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny you bumped this because i was so close to buying the Korress primer for $33 and then i forgot i still had the Monistat gel.

Destiny! Why spend $33 if you have a great primer for under $10. I'll still have to try Lanacane.

Hey guys,

I have been reading this forum for a while! and read that many of you couldn't find this product in Canada...

but I live in Mississauga and I just got myself the gel from Superstore!!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love!:yaya:

I tried Monstat for about a month, and sadly it caused my forehead to break out. I got dozens of little bumps. I was hoping it was just the heat that was causing me to sweat more and breakout. But I stopped using Monistat for one week and my skin has already started to clear up.

Hey everyone! This is my first post here on MUT, so forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm a n00b, I don't know any better! :laughing:

Alright, so, I've read through a shitload of posts on this thread, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to read every single one. @_@; So I'm just gonna throw out a quick question for you all and hope I'm forgiven if it's been answered multiple times before. :whistling:

Can Monistat's ant chafing gel be used as an eyeshadow/eye primer, as well, or would accidentally getting this stuff into your eyes be a seriously big problem ...? I totally wanna try it out, but I don't want to infect my eye or blind myself or anything, LOL.

... See? I have some boundaries when it comes to makeup experimentation! :laughing:

Love this stuff and I purchased it for $5.97 at Walmart! I was iffy at first. I was also so excited that as soon as I came home I washed my face and started playing in my make-up. Lol! Anywho it gets an A+ in book!

Mine might run out quick as I'm going to use it for the chaffing in my thighs as well hehe!

I'll have to check out superstore. I do know that all other stores that used to carry them, no longer do - Shoppers, Walmart, London Drugs. I did find some at Safeway at their clearance table. It was $6 ea and I bought 2. Thanks for the heads up tho. I'll have to look next time.

its not meant for your crotch, its for the areas of your skin that are chaffin. if you go to makeupgeek.com and watch her videos, she will describe how it makes your foundation look more flawless, and its under $10

The reason that Monistate gel works is because the primary ingredient is silicon. There are less expensive options including Hard Candy's primers ($6 to $8) and ELF's primer ($3). On the higher end of the "inexpensive" primers is NYX's primers ($12-$14). TKB also has various "cones" but keep in mind they only ship if you place an order totaling $19 or more.

I've used this for close to a year, when I first heard about it elsewhere. However, I use the Lanacane Anti Chafing Gel, it's a 1oz tube and it was $8.  Can't complain. I'd used smashbox prior, and it's exactly the same as everyone says. I  use MM and it's never looked better or lasted longer.  This is Holy Grail status for a primer for me! YAY!

To anyone who hasn't jumped in yet and tried it. Do it. You won't be sorry!

I know this is an old thread but wanted to add my 2 cents very quick.

In the beginning I was very skeptical because I have never used a primer and I don't have the greatest skin, so I figured it probably wouldn't work for me. I have been using this gel for a week and Wow! This most certainly minimizes my pores and I have hardly any problems with shine anymore. I have very, very oily skin and it's acne prone. I have not broken out and I do not have to touch up throughout the day. The entire day, from 10 to midnight...I blotted (just used a tissue and no powder) only once.

Love this stuff!

i have tried this!!! i know it sounds weird.. but it works great!! i have recently heard of milk of magnesia being used as primer, has anyone tried that ?? lol

i have tried this!!! i know it sounds weird.. but it works great!! i have recently heard of milk of magnesia being used as primer, has anyone tried that ?? lol  
I have heard of milk of magnesia but I think it's only suitable for very oily skin.

Originally Posted by GemEyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried it once and didn't care for the results. It made my foundation look very cakey. I didn't use that much MOM either.
confused.gif

I keep meaning to pick this up to try. I have deep disgusting acne scars on the apples of my cheeks that I feel makeup always just highlights. I've only really had experience with Clarins Instant Smooth which works wonders for about an hour before I see that my foundation has started settling into my huge pores and scars. Funny thing is I was thinking about going to pick some up literally moments before I saw this thread in the recent post list. It is a sign.

So..I forgot to put primer on my face this morning. Ugh, but I thought to myself - Well, I'm not going to start over (no time for that), I'll just spray some setting spray and I should be good to last me through the work day, but ofcourse, I forgot to spray my face as well. Boo! I live in South Florida, so I feel like my face is going to start melting off soon. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  With that said - I came on here to get some recommendations for a good primer as my I am almost out of my Smashbox primer. Found this thread, and I have heard about this montistat cream on many other forums and youtube videos. I will definitely be trying this. It sounds like a cheap alternative, I just hope it works!

I know everyone says this is amazing, but I think I'm still going to buy the Smashbox primer. I can't really get around the thought of using anti chafing gel on my face :/.

Back