Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TylerD.. I know how ordering products online can be frustrating. Check out this website : well.ca. Not only do they carry the Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel.. but, shipping is FREE for anywhere in Canada!!! I dont know about Regina.. but EVERYTHING I have ordered from this site has arrived within a week MAX!! Hope this helps, not only for you but for all those whom are having difficulty finding this product in Canada :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Eye primers work differently than face primers. This would most likely make your eyeshadows crease, tbh.

I'm officially curious now... sold on Amazon too...

Will letcha know my personal results since I have very sensitive skin

Does anyone know where I can get this in Toronto? I used to buy it at Walmart, but i cant find it there anymore. Been to like 5 different Walmarts-- I found none. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, I bought some from Walmart... and it works fabulous. Definitely as good or better than other primers I have. So happy I found this thread. I have to say that I was giggling all the way through the store with it in my cart and I'm pretty sure my hub thought I was a little twisted. I told him what I was using it for and he said "Isn't that for your..." and I just laughed.

Omg this is incredible! When I first read the topic title, I was so confused since Monastat isn't the first product that comes to mind when you think makeup! I love finding difference uses for different uses (even if that happens to be chafing cream) and this is such a cheaper alternative! I can't wait to try this out. I hope I'm not mistakened for something else those at checkout...

Really? They sell them in SDM?

Which aisle?

Last time I checked all they had were yeast infection medications.. >_<

I've tried Walmart, Superstore, SDM.. no luck :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> !

I have been testing Monistat along with several other face primers and the Monistat actually out performs Smashbox, Laura Geller Spackle and the Hard Candy primer. I'm still testing about 8 other primers but so far this one seems to be a keeper.

I found mine in the feminine care isle next to the FDS in Walmart.

The Monistat works well for me, but I use Pores No More primer (from Sephora) on my nose which has some really ugly pores...it works great!

I read the same info on MUT and all the reviews from people who have tried it. I went to Walmart and also paid $6.39 for it and didn't feel funny about it at all. As a matter of fact I bought 2 tubes. I've never felt anything as silky smooth on my face and oh yeah the make up goes on nice and smooth. It has the same ingredients as the primers. We go to the store and buy sanitary napkins, tampons and other feminine products. It is not, I repeat, not the yeast infection cream. Why feel embarrased to buy it? Try it, you just may like it!

Has anyone bought it lately?? I used it a while back and ran out. And I'm having a problem with oil on my face again, and need to repurchase but I haven't seen it (nor have I been looking for it) in stores.

I hope its still being sold.

hI La Mari, When I bought it I bought 2 tubes so I have not looked to see if walmart still has it. I actually have not used it lately. I too have oily skin and it seems like I'm always trying something different on my face. I just ordered an anti shine product for professional stage people. I'll let you know how it works. Goggle it and see what you come up with. Good Luck.

My foot is almost out the door to buy this but I'm wondering, is it good for dry skin? I've got flakey areas but the whole of my face is just plain dry.

If you use a primer now then its the same.. Its not a moisturizer so I'd say you still need to use a moisturizer first the apply the primer. Just gives you a smoother (slicker) surface to apply your foundation..

I've never used a primer before. How long should I wait after applying the moisturizer to apply the primer, and then how long do I wait until I put on my foundation?

After I apply my moisturizer I wait one to two minutes.. Then apply the primer then wait another minute before you apply your foundation. And you don't need a lot of primer. Just a dab.. Like a real thin coating.

Latest posts

Back