Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel as a Foundation Primer...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The product is a skin barrier that people use to prevent chaffing under their arms, legs, or wherever, it is not gross. It only costs $5 maybe you should just try it.

Wow, thank you for this post. I will pay 5 dollars anytime because 17 is getting expensive every month.

I have been hearing great reviews on this stuff. I might try this as my Laura Mercier primer is nearly coming to an end and I cant afford to buy another one at the moment.

I love it.... bought some last week and it's comparable to PhotoFinish and Spackle....

This is what I use daily and it works great and its cheap! I say save your money for the fun stuff!

Sera

The beyond naturals primer has a very strong scent to it. The Monistat has no scent. I'm one of those people that can't stand scented products (migrains). I know when I bought the beyonds naturals primer that it was about 12.99. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not worth it IMO. I'll stick with the good old monistat.

can you tell me what that product is called that you found at the dollar store? I'm always in there! thanks :)

By the way......I went to walmart and got all confused on which of these to buy. This was the ONLY store that sold the M anti chaf g.....but they also had a creme that was the monistat stop itch or some such thing. I got both because I don't seem to be finding the anti-chafing gel. I don't know which I like better. People w/oily skin may not like the cream....it keeps my face moisturized forever. Anti Chafing is prolly better for beneath foundation. Honestly, it felt like maybe they are getting rid of the anti chaf or something....couldn't find it ANYWHERE at first. Absolutely love both of them....skin feels like silk like everyone says. :)

I love this gel as a primer but I occasionally get blackheads & have noticed that when I use the gel & foundation that the foundation doesn't cover the blackheads at all! :frown: When I use only foundation they cover fine. :kopfkratz:

I like it. Works just like Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. Best thing is it's only like 8 bucks for a huge tube.

Wow definitely worth look at.. I know a few of my favourite beauty bloggers use this so I might hazard a look.

Actually, it's formulated w/ the same ingredients (mostly silicones) that makeup primers are made of. No doctor necessary.

Correct. No need for doctor's approval. In fact it's meant to be applied on top of delicate skin that can become easily irritated.

I bought this Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel last week, and it's pretty good. But having had not tried the other, more expensive primers on the market, I can't attest to it being a dupe. I did, however, swatch-test my cousin's Smashbox primer yesterday, and although it's a bit thicker, the Monistat gel is pretty similar.

I'm oily-skinned and am acne-prone, and it's kept my oilies at bay and I haven't broken out either.

If anyone in Canada wants to give it a try, Shoppers Drug Mart currently has it on sale (unadvertised) at $5.49 a box. That's 50% off.

Happy hunting!

I tried the monistrat after reading alot of rave reviews about it. I love it! I can wear Maybelline and L.A. colors without it running or fading. It looks just as perfect as when I apply MAC and NARS. I love the fact that I can wear drugstore or department store makeup with no problem. This has been my experience with it. Wish all of you the same luck!

haven't used it before , but have interesting
random.gif

Latest posts

Back