Most recent purchases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine too. I also bought a Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser (in the Brightener shade). Two bottle of Caldrea's Mandarin Vetiver hand lotion (LOVE!). Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen SPF 4 (to use as lotion, but it smells like plastic). Queen Helene Olive Oil Masque (for my legs). Sally Hansen Airbrush Shimmer. L'oreal 360 Clean for sensitive skin (broke me out and covered in scabs YUCK!!!!).  
Oh, weird. I've used the L'Oreal 360 Clean before and I really liked it.

I've been on a weeklong Etsy fit. I've been a little leery of Etsy vendors since that Orglamix and Glittersniffer mess a couple of years ago (short version: selling potentially unsafe products, including soap dyes marketed as mineral shadows, and making threats to people who posted bad reviews. I was an unintended recipient twice of some of the most blistering email I had ever seen.) But the vendors I like have been above and beyond in shipping, service and quality. I ordered some mineral shadow samples because I ordinarily don't wear eyeshadow, just liners, and wanted to experiment. Two blushes, one a sample and the other full size; the full size one in particular is excellent (from a vendor called Plum Valley Notions) and is the best dupe for Benefit Dandelion Box O' Powder I have ever seen. Then a perfume called Sugared Citrus ( I was expecting a Lemon Sugar-type, but this is more an orange-spice mix. It'll be nicer for fall.) and two lip scrubs which are not only effective but delicious. Then three tinted lip balms, two bars of soap in lemon verbena and lime cilantro, juniper and lime margarita perfume oils, margarita bath salts, more bath salt samples, a jug of lemon-lime bath salts (can you tell I'm a citrus junkie?) and two solid lotion bars in orange and margarita. I have every intention of stocking up on more bath salts when I get paid next week, because I might go on a no-buy at any time but a fragrant bath is a necessity for me--I'm a huge believer in aromatherapy.

An order from Beauty.com that included an OCC lip tar set in neutral colors, an OCC nail polish in a medium gray cream, a Tokyo Milk hand lotion in Kabuki (the packaging/design on this is phenomenal), and the free makeup bag with samples that came with a $75 purchase.  I really like the free makeup bag, seems to be good quality.  The samples are fairly substantial and I'll get use from most of them.  Not shown below is the Dr. Brandt Flexitone BB cream sample, as I'd taken it out to use this morning and forgot to photograph it. 

I love Toykomilk!! They are one of my favorite brands- I have too many of their items.  I have been using them for years.. mostly due to my obsession with Marie Antoinette.  They use her image in alot of their items.  I have a pocket mirror, bubble bath, and 2 solid fragrances with her likeness on them.  Aside from that, they are a standup product.  I love their scents- Gin and Rosewater, I want Candy, Le Petit, Cherry Bomb, Marie, Scarlett, and Kabuki are my favorites.  I haven't tried their dark collection since they don't have it at Anthropologie, but am looking forward to it!  I suggest them to birchbox often hoping they take them on.  I know it's probibly not the case, but I like to think my urging helped with Juliet has a Gun!

You can see a bunch of Tokyomilk's products in the background of my profile pic.. bubble baths, bar soaps..

I'm not sure how it happened, but my car just turned into the ULTA parking lot, maybe because I needed to pick up some eyeshadow primer (which Ialmost forgot). Seems ULTA had just redone the whole prestige area, so I had to look, right? I have been eyeing the Tarte Amazonian Foundation for a bit, but decided to get the concealer from them in Tan and then I saw a new Urban Decay Foundation which seems to be out for a limited edition (maybe they are waiting to see the response) but the color was great and it seemed thinner and not chalky which was nice, a Macadamia Oil Hair Kit, two Revlon Lip Butters, and I think that is basically everything interesting.

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure how it happened, but my car just turned into the ULTA parking lot, maybe because I needed to pick up some eyeshadow primer (which Ialmost forgot). Seems ULTA had just redone the whole prestige area, so I had to look, right?

I have been eyeing the Tarte Amazonian Foundation for a bit, but decided to get the concealer from them in Tan and then I saw a new Urban Decay Foundation which seems to be out for a limited edition (maybe they are waiting to see the response) but the color was great and it seemed thinner and not chalky which was nice, a Macadamia Oil Hair Kit, two Revlon Lip Butters, and I think that is basically everything interesting.
you have one of those self driving cars?
redface.gif

Lol! Only when it comes to shopping for some reason...
smile.gif
it's funny how that works! :p I was walking around NYC, sick, had an hour to kill before i had to get a train, and I happened to spy a Sephora. Well, let me tell you, I managed to rally just long enough to drop $140.

I bought three Rock & Republic shadows on eBay for $9.99. I compared them to the ones I had from their going-out-of-business sale and did some internet research to authenticate them. Once I decided they were definitely authentic, I hopped around (mentally) for a minute for getting such a good deal.  

I also bought some mineral shadow jars and samples from Meow Cosmetics during a sale. The jars come in a cute little leopard print gauze drawstring bag! I love stuff like that. The shadows are awesome, too. I bought a bunch of matte ones and a few shimmery ones. I've swatched them all, and worn a few, they're gorgeous. I also placed an order with Madd Style Cosmetics during their sale, hopefully that gets here soon. I might have to do a swatchfest with pictures.

Finally, I bought the Tarte "One Find Clay" set at Ulta, using my 100 points I've been saving to get it for $9. I love the bag and the Peaceful blush, and intend to try the illuminating primer. I'm not going to try the mini bronzer (this one makes the third untouched one I have, I need to sell them or swap them or give them away) the mascara, or the eye pencil. I still consider $9 for a mini Tarte blush, good-sized cosmetic bag that isn't ugly, and a large primer sample completely worth it.

I did some on line shopping at Sephora, I placed my first order and then couldn't control myself and placed a second order lol. I finally got the Urban Decay NAKED2 Palette! I also got the new urban decay NAKED foundation in 2, Living proof shampoo, Sephora Be You Lip Balm in Coral Twist, Sephora Mineral Foundation, and a Sephora duo eyeshadow in intense black. Even after two orders I still forgot to get the Nails Inc fishnet nail polish I wanted lol

I did some on line shopping at Sephora, I placed my first order and then couldn't control myself and placed a second order lol. I finally got the Urban Decay NAKED2 Palette! I also got the new urban decay NAKED foundation in 2, Living proof shampoo, Sephora Be You Lip Balm in Coral Twist, Sephora Mineral Foundation, and a Sephora duo eyeshadow in intense black. Even after two orders I still forgot to get the Nails Inc fishnet nail polish I wanted lol
Ooh yay! I got the UD Naked Foundation, too and am super excited to try it, it just feels different. However, I am gonna wait till next week to try it when I am back in town. Hope we both love it!

it's funny how that works! :p I was walking around NYC, sick, had an hour to kill before i had to get a train, and I happened to spy a Sephora. Well, let me tell you, I managed to rally just long enough to drop $140.
Nice! The Sephora out there must be huge! Dare I ask what all you got? Any one item you're super excited about?

Nice! The Sephora out there must be huge! Dare I ask what all you got? Any one item you're super excited about?
Actually, you're right. I hadn't thought about it but Sephoras tend to be quite sizable compared to many other NYC stores!!

I got

Benefit Moisturizer-needed a refill and this is my favorite stuff. It's the perfect consistency for my face and it comes in the CUTEST glass jar.

Nars blush in Deep Throat- Because I'm a sucker for cheek color and I love Nars blushes.

Benefit creaseless cream shadow- in skinny jeans which is like a silvery grey

Stila Smudge Crayon in smoke- looks like a mac shadestick I used to have and LOVED

Omnia Crystal by Bvlgari- actually sampled this in my bb and loved it!

Then I got a sample of

Amore Pacific's Vitalizing Masque and

Full Blown Volume Mascara by Laura Mercier

I still have points for another big sample next time I go back!! Yay Sephora, this is why I LOVE you.

oh and to answer your other question- I'm super psyched to use the eye stuff but I have freaking pink eye on top of this cold, so I've been makeupless for a week now. I am a hot freaking MESS! I need to call my doc and see when I'm officially cured!

I've been so good, on not buying much lately, I'm not on a no buy -- just trying to control myself, lol.

Over the weekend though, I was in Detroit for a concert, and while I was there I picked up some stuff that isn't for sale in Canada (as far as I know anyways)

- 2 bottles of Aussie 3 minute miracle

- 3 Milani baked blushes

- 6 Milani pressed shadows in Shocking Pink, Just Perfect, Caramel Brown, Olympian Blue, Purple Shock and Pearl

- Wet n Wild blush in Mellow Wine (this is probably sold in Canada, but I saw it so I grabbed it haha)

- Milani liquid eyeliner pen

Honestly, I really love all the pressed shadows I got, they're such great quality.. I'm going to buffalo in a couple weeks and am planning on picking up most of the rest of them.. I also want to get a few more of the baked blushes, and maybe a bronzer or two haha 

I just ordered the eternal bonds collection from glamour doll eyes...because it seemed like a good idea? lol. I've been really bad this month.

Always a good idea. I really do like her shadows and Control Freak. Which reminds me, I have money to burn so I'm getting a full size Control Freak right now.

I went to a MAC pro store and a Sephora this weekend.  I half expected to go crazy, but the MAC store was out of all the pro items that I wanted.  I did buy a tube of Haute and Naughty mascara, a new tube of Cyber lipstick, and a bottle of Fix+.  I had planned on getting a bottle of the new UD foundation, but the Sephora didn't have any.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back