Most recent purchases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my two cents - I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation and have for about 4 years.  It provides good coverage without being too heavy and although I occasionally need a powder touch up near the end of the day it lasts pretty well on me.  I also use Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes and those last a good 8-10 hours on me.  Good luck with your search!
So this comment gave me vertigo in thought!  I originally, a few years ago, bought everything Tarte!  Foundation up.  Then I couldn't keep up with it and didn't really do a good job of applying it so let it all sit for a couple of years.

Earlier this year I pulled it all out and took a pic of it all for a post somewhere here on MUT and then after that I went through it and had to toss a lot of it as it was kinda old and didn't seem like it was ok to still use (some smelled a little).

So reading your post my head did this whirlwind trip down memory lane at the Tarte products I had, I have, I want etc. and it made me laugh for a couple of reasons....first, I have that foundation and will use it and see how it goes second, I use Tarte's blush so that should have been a dead give away to try the blush with the foundation LOL third, I have the BB cream and that too should have been a gimme to try one with the other and fourth, I have LOVED the illuminator from Tarte but I haven't been able to find it - and right now I am lusting over those types of products and guess what?  ULTA HAS IT AGAIN!  Enabled myself!  One Tarte Illuminator coming right up! Hahahaha!

Thanks for your post!!  Much appreciated!

I find it's the powder products that fall off for me no matter what I have underneath. So blush, bronzer, eyeshadow that disappears.
I don't have that problem with using powder foundation over a good primer for my eye shadow, just blush.  I tried to like the e.l.f primer because it was so inexpensive, but it is also cheap and didn't work well.  I have used Algenist Primer (and have one ready to break open after I finish my sample primers) but right now I am loving the bare minerals primer too.  I find if I use that, then their foundation, and then UD's eye shadow primer, I have perfect eye shadow coverage.  My blush however fades a ton.  That might be something I am doing and not realizing it though...face makeup is new to me in the last 8 months or so...so that is a habit that is still not second nature to me.  I guess I mean that I might be wiping my face and not realizing it... 

I don't have that problem with using powder foundation over a good primer for my eye shadow, just blush.  I tried to like the e.l.f primer because it was so inexpensive, but it is also cheap and didn't work well.  I have used Algenist Primer (and have one ready to break open after I finish my sample primers) but right now I am loving the bare minerals primer too.  I find if I use that, then their foundation, and then UD's eye shadow primer, I have perfect eye shadow coverage.  My blush however fades a ton.  That might be something I am doing and not realizing it though...face makeup is new to me in the last 8 months or so...so that is a habit that is still not second nature to me.  I guess I mean that I might be wiping my face and not realizing it... 
have you tried thebalm blushes? they're seriously the longest lasting blush ever..and they're in powder form. cabana boy is one of my go to blushes to date.

So this comment gave me vertigo in thought!  I originally, a few years ago, bought everything Tarte!  Foundation up.  Then I couldn't keep up with it and didn't really do a good job of applying it so let it all sit for a couple of years.

Earlier this year I pulled it all out and took a pic of it all for a post somewhere here on MUT and then after that I went through it and had to toss a lot of it as it was kinda old and didn't seem like it was ok to still use (some smelled a little).

So reading your post my head did this whirlwind trip down memory lane at the Tarte products I had, I have, I want etc. and it made me laugh for a couple of reasons....first, I have that foundation and will use it and see how it goes second, I use Tarte's blush so that should have been a dead give away to try the blush with the foundation LOL third, I have the BB cream and that too should have been a gimme to try one with the other and fourth, I have LOVED the illuminator from Tarte but I haven't been able to find it - and right now I am lusting over those types of products and guess what?  ULTA HAS IT AGAIN!  Enabled myself!  One Tarte Illuminator coming right up! Hahahaha!

Thanks for your post!!  Much appreciated!
Glad to help!  I love everything from Tarte except for their eyeshadows.  They might have changed the formula now, but about 4-5 years ago I bought one of their holiday palettes and I just couldn't get them to look good on me.  They muddied when I tried to blend them and faded quickly.  Besides that I use the foundation, blush, and lights mascara on a daily basis and also have several lip products.  I use their illuminating serum on my cheekbones when I go out, it really helps to brighten up my face!

I got a Lily Lolo mascara in the latest Petit Vour box and liked the quality so much that I went to Lily Lolo website to look at their products.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  Ended up ordering the BB cream and samples of their finishing powders. What have you bought lately? Let's share our hauls!

Here are a few of my recent purchases:

Ran out entirely of my Shiseido Hydro-Liquid Compact in shade 120.  Interestingly, when I went to get a refill, the lady thought that I was a bit darker, and ended up getting the B40 instead (after doing a half-and-half comparison).  A friend had recommended this shade before, but she never tried it against any other ones, so I guess maybe I'm not quite as pale as I seem hah

I've never tried contouring before, so I ordered this Sleek Contour Kit.. Not sure how great it will be, but for $10, I figured why not? lol

I ordered this tube of Duo eyelash glue, and unfortunately upon arrival, it was all hardened inside.  It's kinda annoying as I could have bought some down the street, but I haven't been very impressed with that particular shop (long story).  Anyway, when I explained the issue to this seller, they made me send them a photo of it, and asked me to squeeze out the contents (not possible for this kind of container).  Hopefully, they'll send a replacement as this has taken forever.  It's funny, getting more eyelash glue has never been such a hassle lol

Anyway, here's a photo of the items:

IMG_20150301_223850.jpg

Nice haul! I'm interested in the foundation you got and will check this out. When I lived in Finland, I used Kanebo foundation and loved it. I'm imagining Shiseido being similar to Kanebo and I'm always on the look out for a new compact foundation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Thanks!  It's actually not bad for something with a lighter form of coverage.  Previously, I was using Quo's Smooth Operator foundation, which was a great economical drugstore brand up here in Canada, but they unfortunately discontinued it.  I also like having something in a compact that I can quickly use on the go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  This particular one is good as you can keep the compact, and just replace the foundation pots in it.

I also use Shiseido's Radiant Lifting Foundation, which is tends to have a lot coverage.  Most of the current photos I upload on here are with that one.  For something to go along with full-makeup looks, I've grown to like it more than Revlon's PhotoReady, and found it a bit more practical than Kryolan's TV Paintstick.  I'm still very much a newbie though, so I definitely need to experiment more.  I'll have to look up the Kanebo foundation, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Nice haul! I'm interested in the foundation you got and will check this out. When I lived in Finland, I used Kanebo foundation and loved it. I'm imagining Shiseido being similar to Kanebo and I'm always on the look out for a new compact foundation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks!  It's actually not bad for something with a lighter form of coverage.  Previously, I was using Quo's Smooth Operator foundation, which was a great economical drugstore brand up here in Canada, but they unfortunately discontinued it.  I also like having something in a compact that I can quickly use on the go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  This particular one is good as you can keep the compact, and just replace the foundation pots in it.

I also use Shiseido's Radiant Lifting Foundation, which is tends to have a lot coverage.  Most of the current photos I upload on here are with that one.  For something to go along with full-makeup looks, I've grown to like it more than Revlon's PhotoReady, and found it a bit more practical than Kryolan's TV Paintstick.  I'm still very much a newbie though, so I definitely need to experiment more.  I'll have to look up the Kanebo foundation, too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the tip on the foundations too! I'll check them out since I haven't tried either.

Recently I purchased:

The tarte Miracles from the Amazon kit from QVC.  I LOVE the foundation brush, it's so soft and just the right size.  The foundation is great too, and the palette is perfect for keeping in my purse.

miraclesoftarte-shot.jpg

I picked up the entire China Glaze Road Trip collection.  Surprisingly, considering I have 300+ polishes now, I don't have any dupes for these.  They were only $3.25 each at a local nail supply shop and I couldn't resist.

CHINA-GLAZE-ROAD-TRIP-COLLECTION.jpg

I also bought myself a vintage 1930's vanity for my bedroom.  I used to have one but moved and had to sell it.  I missed having a place to set all my pretties!

11024707_900893051457_5096143631841079379_n.jpg

Recently I purchased:

The tarte Miracles from the Amazon kit from QVC.  I LOVE the foundation brush, it's so soft and just the right size.  The foundation is great too, and the palette is perfect for keeping in my purse.

miraclesoftarte-shot.jpg

I picked up the entire China Glaze Road Trip collection.  Surprisingly, considering I have 300+ polishes now, I don't have any dupes for these.  They were only $3.25 each at a local nail supply shop and I couldn't resist.

CHINA-GLAZE-ROAD-TRIP-COLLECTION.jpg

I also bought myself a vintage 1930's vanity for my bedroom.  I used to have one but moved and had to sell it.  I missed having a place to set all my pretties!

11024707_900893051457_5096143631841079379_n.jpg
Love the vanity!  I got tired of constantly moving everything on and off my computer desk, so I bought a tiny glass one from Ikea recently for $35 (and fell down the snowy hill trying to carry the box home lol).  Having a vanity saves soo much time, I find; definitely a good investment!  Here's a photo of the one I got recently.  It sorta disappears with all my stuff on it:

IMG_20150306_003709.jpg

Love the vanity!  I got tired of constantly moving everything on and off my computer desk, so I bought a tiny glass one from Ikea recently for $35 (and fell down the snowy hill trying to carry the box home lol).  Having a vanity saves soo much time, I find; definitely a good investment!  Here's a photo of the one I got recently.  It sorta disappears with all my stuff on it:

IMG_20150306_003709.jpg
I agree!  Before I had all my makeup in the bathroom with some stuff on the counter, some stuff in a drawer, and some stuff on a shelf.  I have a bunch of palettes I wasn't using because I just never went to the shelf to look through them.  Now I have it all in one place, it's so nice, and luckily everything fit either on top or in the large drawers.  I just love being able to sit down and really focus on doing my makeup instead of standing in the bathroom mirror with bad lighting.  Your vanity is so cute and compact, nice purchase!

Love the vanities @@CaseyR and @@Lumaday ! I need to do this and get all my things organized. Now I have to look in a few different places and I just get lazy and use the same makeup items while the others just sit there.

My travel beauty order with Juvena cleansing powder came today. So excited to try this since I got it on clearance. It came with a few Institute Estederm samples and I'm excited about this. I'm always looking to try French skin care brands.

Also my Saks GWP order came. I've been so good not buying any of the Saks or Neiman beauty gift bags in a very long time but this time I couldn't resist. I figured I get use out of the white bag and I got an excuse to order items I wouldn't have ordered otherwise. :) The samples in the bag were so so, nothing exciting for me. (not showing in the picture, the samples are inside)

saks GWP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree!  Before I had all my makeup in the bathroom with some stuff on the counter, some stuff in a drawer, and some stuff on a shelf.  I have a bunch of palettes I wasn't using because I just never went to the shelf to look through them.  Now I have it all in one place, it's so nice, and luckily everything fit either on top or in the large drawers.  I just love being able to sit down and really focus on doing my makeup instead of standing in the bathroom mirror with bad lighting.  Your vanity is so cute and compact, nice purchase!
Thanks!  It definitely makes things much easier.  Now I just have to get a better mirror/lighting setup.  I'm still moving lamps about, so one of those lighted mirrors would probably be a big help, too.

Love the vanities @@CaseyR and @@Lumaday ! I need to do this and get all my things organized. Now I have to look in a few different places and I just get lazy and use the same makeup items while the others just sit there.

My travel beauty order with Juvena cleansing powder came today. So excited to try this since I got it on clearance. It came with a few Institute Estederm samples and I'm excited about this. I'm always looking to try French skin care brands.

Also my Saks GWP order came. I've been so good not buying any of the Saks or Neiman beauty gift bags in a very long time but this time I couldn't resist. I figured I get use out of the white bag and I got an excuse to order items I wouldn't have ordered otherwise. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The samples in the bag were so so, nothing exciting for me. (not showing in the picture, the samples are inside)

saks GWP.jpg
Thanks!  The vanity definitely helps me not lose track of things as much as it's all in reach now lol. Love the bag, and I'll have to check those items out.  Hopefully now that I'm a bit more organized, I won't be as scattered, and I'll be able to experiment and try new items a bit more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My Mac Bao Bao order came today. I love the lipstick. I have too many nude lipsticks but still buy more :D I have no idea why I moved away from MAC lipsticks in the past couple of years using other brands. The lipstick today made my wrinkled lips look and feel so much better, better than many high end lipsticks I've used. I'll definitely buy more MAC lipsticks again.

MAC Bao Bao Wan.jpg

I just ordered the MAC Pro longwear liner in Etcetera and the lipstick in Blankety. Can't wait to get them. What purchases are you waiting on?

I just purchased a face serum by Juice Beauty. I wanted to move towards products that were less harsh on my skin and more natural. It may be breaking me out though.  :unsure:

I also bought one of NYX's soft matte lip creams and their brown eyebrow gel. I haven't tried the gel yet because I already have a different one opened, but the lip cream is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on a Colourpop kick lately, and my most recent order just came in yesterday!  I got a contour stick in Dove (this is a back up - I got one in my last order and fell hard for it), a highlighter in Smoke N Whistles, a blush in Birthday Suit (my first blush from them), eye shadow in Nillionaire, Ultra Satin Lip in Alyssa (which is gorgeous!), and Ultra Glossy Lip in Finders Keepers.  They had a flash sale last week and I just couldn't help myself :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That was my first purchase since the end of July (which I'm embarrassed to say is a long time for me).  When I was on vacation then, I picked up a UD All Nighter Spray (I had brought a sample with me and it ran out), MAC lipsticks in Twig and Velvet Teddy, and Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lip in Baci, and I'm totally loving all of those!

Back