Most recent purchases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
r2uf5v.png

Today was my early birthday shopping spree! My grandma sent me a giftcard, and I used my FF code to get all of these goodies. Only ended up spending $22 out of pocket for it all!

I also snagged some OCC Lip Tar samples, as well as a Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm and Kat Von D foundation sample. And as you can see, I got my Makeup Forever birthday gift too!

Needless to say, I am having a great day.
Happy birthday looks like you had an awesome day of shopping, love the purse.

This has been the year of crazy MAC lipstick purchases, the last 3 I ordered were Styled in Sepia, Nouvelle Vouge and Fashion Revival. Pander Me is also on my list looks like we have the same taste in lipsticks.
I just love Nouvelle Vogue and Fashion Revival...I actually have 2 of NV and Pander Me now.  I had ordered them on MAC.com and then went into Nordstroms and bought them planning to return the unused ones later, but now that I know they are Limited Edition I think am just going to keep them as backups!

I just love Nouvelle Vogue and Fashion Revival...I actually have 2 of NV and Pander Me now.  I had ordered them on MAC.com and then went into Nordstroms and bought them planning to return the unused ones later, but now that I know they are Limited Edition I think am just going to keep them as backups!
Thats good to know, I cant wait to get mine!

Getting away from high end, more expensive brands, I have REALLY been loving the Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks. The formula is so comfortable and I love how long-wearing they are. A couple of weeks ago I picked up the two I wanted to try most, Divine Wine and Lust For Blush at CVS, and today I snagged Touch Of Spice and Nude Embrace. I may end up trying to hunt down a few of the brighter colors, as well! I've been reaching for these more than any of my other lipsticks recently.

I know I just showed off my Sephora Pre-Birthday haul a bit ago, but I'll be posting up my true birthday haul (as in bought on the actual day of my birthday) tomorrow! I got a lot of goodies that I'm pretty excited about sharing!

However, let the record state that I received a LUSH comfort bubble bar that will not be in that photo because I am using it for my late-night birthday spa session. RIP bubble bar.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I just showed off my Sephora Pre-Birthday haul a bit ago, but I'll be posting up my true birthday haul (as in bought on the actual day of my birthday) tomorrow! I got a lot of goodies that I'm pretty excited about sharing!

However, let the record state that I received a LUSH comfort bubble bar that will not be in that photo because I am using it for my late-night birthday spa session. RIP bubble bar.  
Do you mean the big comforter bubble bar? I get at least 4 uses out of that sucker. You get the most out of those if you use a grater to grate however much you want into the bath at once and just store the rest of the bar in a dry place till the next use. 

I got Revlon moondrops in Lilac Champagne and Poppysilk Red, I've only tried the PR as the LC isn't here yet, but I love the formula even if they do smell like old fashioned lipsticks.   

I don't think I have ever bought this much at Victoria's Secret in my life - and they seem to be phasing out their makeup line? I am not sure about that, but the store I went to had zero cosmetics, and online they only have very little. Anyways - the epic haul!

From VS Store:

- Fur lined PINK hoodie

- PINK Boyfriend sweatpants

- PINK Fair Isle onesie

- PINK Everyday Bra in turquoise Aztec

- PINK Everyday Bra in white

- VS satin sleep shirt

- Four pair VS boycut panties

- VS Scandalous fragrance gift set

From VS Online:

- UGG Chestnut Leopard Coquette slippers

Also the store gave me another $20 gift card to use starting in January, which was the promo they had going but it makes me laugh - more free money for spending free money? It is pretty silly.

My hubby is like an evil Grinch and is making me put everything, barring the bras and panties, under the tree - what, just because it was his money I made the original $10 purchase with in the first place? Spoilsport. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think I have ever bought this much at Victoria's Secret in my life - and they seem to be phasing out their makeup line? I am not sure about that, but the store I went to had zero cosmetics, and online they only have very little. Anyways - the epic haul!

From VS Store:

- Fur lined PINK hoodie

- PINK Boyfriend sweatpants

- PINK Fair Isle onesie

- PINK Everyday Bra in turquoise Aztec

- PINK Everyday Bra in white

- VS satin sleep shirt

- Four pair VS boycut panties

- VS Scandalous fragrance gift set

From VS Online:

- UGG Chestnut Leopard Coquette slippers

Also the store gave me another $20 gift card to use starting in January, which was the promo they had going but it makes me laugh - more free money for spending free money? It is pretty silly.

My hubby is like an evil Grinch and is making me put everything, barring the bras and panties, under the tree - what, just because it was his money I made the original $10 purchase with in the first place? Spoilsport. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm sure he's convinced he won at Christmas this year.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great (free!) haul!

1. Butter lipstick - Picked up for all of the upcoming family get togethers and Christmas parties for work and friends. Nice and cheap but effective. Good.

2014_12_23_114_9670bfe939a2432aa112_2.jpg

2. Tru Visage face line corrector and wrinkle remover - Delivered to my door and still pretty affordable. I went through my last batch in under two weeks, but this stuff is so effective at removing wrinkles and other nit picky things on my face that I always have a few stocked up. A lot of people waste their money on crummy fake anti aging products that are just full of chemicals and garbage. I say that if you want a wrinkle remover, get something with anti oxidants. Read the review for the wrinkle remover here. Recommended, and picked up another one for a friend.

2014_12_23_114_9670bfe939a2432aa112_1.jpg

I got some gift cards for Christmas so I picked up my usual Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and Urban Decay primer potion.  Then I ordered from Urban Decay : nail polish in Bang, Chaos, and Zodiac, the 10 eyeliner set, and the Habitual eyeliner set.  I also placed a Zoya order for 12 pixiedusts (5 of which are backups of my favorites as they are being discontinued) with their BOGO sale and added Maria Luisa, that should come on Wednesday!

More Revlon lippies, Blackberry, Raspberry Bite, Fucshia Fusion, (I already have these but I wanted back-ups as I love these colours,) a back up for Mauve It Over as I gave the one I had away and then found out it had been discontinued, Cinnamon Bronze, Copper Frost, Berry Haute, Cha Cha Cherry, Black Cherry and Sultry Samba. (I wonder how many back ups are too many? I'm starting to worry myself.) 

Three of the Barry M limited edition Christmas nail paints in Starlight, Moonlight and Christmas Tree, I'm trying to get hold of the other one, Jingle Bells, but that is proving tricky! (Contacted Barry M directly, hope this bears fruit, they're not that great at communication unlike Models Own. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)  

I did some damage at ulta today. The ones on the right were on clearance but not marked, and I also got my birthday gift. I got $10 off for my birthday, $3 off with points, and $3.50 off with their website coupon. So all that was only $37! I am really excited about the Zoya matte velvet polishes and the only one they didn't have was Posh so I'll be looking for that one. The 6 polishes on the right I bought from the julep swap Facebook group, I am loving indie brands lately and these are gorgeous.

2015-01-02 14.22.58.jpg

I did some damage at ulta today. The ones on the right were on clearance but not marked, and I also got my birthday gift. I got $10 off for my birthday, $3 off with points, and $3.50 off with their website coupon. So all that was only $37! I am really excited about the Zoya matte velvet polishes and the only one they didn't have was Posh so I'll be looking for that one. The 6 polishes on the right I bought from the julep swap Facebook group, I am loving indie brands lately and these are gorgeous.

2015-01-02 14.22.58.jpg
♥♥♥♥ the Velvet Mattes.  My store has been out of them for awhile -- glad I picked up all 6 when they were in stock!  I've worn the green since the 24th, so it's time to do a polish change.  I see purple in my future.

Enjoy!

I went to Ulta yesterday for the first time, and decided that I like it much better than Sephora.  I ended up buying the UD Naked On the Run all in one palette. It is soo beautiful, my husband even said "ooo fancy, fancy" when I showed it to him lol. I have been wanting to buy a setting spray, since it seems to me when I do wear makeup it's gone by the end of the day. One of the girls there was super sweet and recommended the UD Chill spray, she said she wears it when she visits family in Thailand and her makeup stays put all day!

@@Spazkatt what kind of face makeup (foundation) do you use?  I'm wondering what fades through the day on you...I'm foundation hunting (kind of...I've got a ton of different foundation samples from various brands!!) but wondered if there was a particular one you like, that fades.  Or is it more the blush that fades?  I have that problem.  I find my blush has to go on really thick first thing, so by the time I get to work it is barely there.  I think the powder on powder thing equals too much fall off of the color.  I recently ordered a couple of Becca's cream blushes to try.  They looked gorgeous and Ulta had Becca at 5x points so figured that was a good time to pick them up!

Done some damage at the drugstore, what what! I've been to lazy to go to Sephora and was waiting for the new year so I can renew Rouge, so I figured why not? Picked up:

Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer Matte Lip Velvet in Atomic Rose

Julie G Nail Polish in YOU-Niverse

Julie G Nail Polish in Sugar Rush

Maybelline Master Prime in 200 Blur & Illuminate

Maybelline Brow Drama Brow Mascara in Deep Brown

Maybelline Color Sensational Matte in 685 Craving Coral

I can tell you right now, I do not like the Rimmel Velvets as much as the original Apocalips formula (it's really chunky and dry looking, not smooth at all), nor do I like the Brow Drama (but I needed something dark, since my hair is temporarily dark brown) but I'd rather pay $5 at the drugstore than $20 at Sephora for a similar product I will only need for the time being. I haven't tried the Master Prime yet, but I am excited it has sun protection.

ETA: I also picked up the Marsala Cheek Palette from Sephora + Pantone Color of the Year collection because I thought it was too pretty not to have. I passed on everything else, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Spazkatt what kind of face makeup (foundation) do you use?  I'm wondering what fades through the day on you...I'm foundation hunting (kind of...I've got a ton of different foundation samples from various brands!!) but wondered if there was a particular one you like, that fades.  Or is it more the blush that fades?  I have that problem.  I find my blush has to go on really thick first thing, so by the time I get to work it is barely there.  I think the powder on powder thing equals too much fall off of the color.  I recently ordered a couple of Becca's cream blushes to try.  They looked gorgeous and Ulta had Becca at 5x points so figured that was a good time to pick them up!
Just my two cents - I use Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation and have for about 4 years.  It provides good coverage without being too heavy and although I occasionally need a powder touch up near the end of the day it lasts pretty well on me.  I also use Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes and those last a good 8-10 hours on me.  Good luck with your search!

@@Spazkatt what kind of face makeup (foundation) do you use? I'm wondering what fades through the day on you...I'm foundation hunting (kind of...I've got a ton of different foundation samples from various brands!!) but wondered if there was a particular one you like, that fades. Or is it more the blush that fades? I have that problem. I find my blush has to go on really thick first thing, so by the time I get to work it is barely there. I think the powder on powder thing equals too much fall off of the color. I recently ordered a couple of Becca's cream blushes to try. They looked gorgeous and Ulta had Becca at 5x points so figured that was a good time to pick them up!
I find it's the powder products that fall off for me no matter what I have underneath. So blush, bronzer, eyeshadow that disappears.

I find it's the powder products that fall off for me no matter what I have underneath. So blush, bronzer, eyeshadow that disappears.
If I really want to keep my blush vibrant all day what I do is layer it with a cream/gel blush. They don't even have to match - I have a berry, a pink, a coral and then I also have NARS Lokoum which I use alone all the time, but is also a cream dupe for Liberté (although Lokoum has been discontinued).

I put the cream on over my foundation and under my setting powder, and then I put the powder blush over the setting powder. That way, the cream isn't too vibrant, but gives just enough OOMPH to the color of blush you're using that I usually get 2-3 extra hours of wear time. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope that helps, for blush at least!

Back