Most recent purchases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 Yesterday was my 50th Birthday, so I went to Ulta with a $50 dollar budget. Most of y'all know I am a caregiver to my disabled Momma. Normally I only go to the local grocery store, pharmacy, Walgreens, WalMart (when I cannot avoid it) and take Momma to Dr, appointments. Ulta is not in my town, so getting to go to the actual store is a really big deal for me. It was only the second time ever that I have been!

I bought three things for myself: Ulta Beauty Treasures Train Case in "Natural", packed chock full of stuff! $19.99 on sale. Ulta All Dolled Up shadow palette

$12. and a gorgeous compact mirror by Things Remembered, gold tone metal, mother of pearl and small faux pearl clasp. marked down from $25 to $6.99. I used a $3.50 off $10 coupon. Total with tax = $38.67!! Thrilled with my purchases.

The sweet ladies working there tossed some little extras my way, I thought I was going to cry! Very fun way for me to spend my Birthday, indulging my makeup addiction.
That sounds lie a wonderful way to spend a birthday to me! :smilehappyyes:   Happy (belated) birthday! :wizard:

Yesterday was my 50th Birthday, so I went to Ulta with a $50 dollar budget. Most of y'all know I am a caregiver to my disabled Momma. Normally I only go to the local grocery store, pharmacy, Walgreens, WalMart (when I cannot avoid it) and take Momma to Dr, appointments. Ulta is not in my town, so getting to go to the actual store is a really big deal for me. It was only the second time ever that I have been!

I bought three things for myself: Ulta Beauty Treasures Train Case in "Natural", packed chock full of stuff! $19.99 on sale. Ulta All Dolled Up shadow palette

$12. and a gorgeous compact mirror by Things Remembered, gold tone metal, mother of pearl and small faux pearl clasp. marked down from $25 to $6.99. I used a $3.50 off $10 coupon. Total with tax = $38.67!! Thrilled with my purchases.

The sweet ladies working there tossed some little extras my way, I thought I was going to cry! Very fun way for me to spend my Birthday, indulging my makeup addiction.
Happy Birthday (+ 1 day!)!!

We have some cosmic twinning going on!  I, too, am a caregiver for my mom.  I was also in Ulta yesterday!  It was time to 'ahem' adjust the color on my silver strands of glitter!  (Mom's 78, I'm 42 and I have WAAAAAY more 'glitter strands' than she does.  Unfair!)

I picked up two cans of Tigi's pink edition Rockaholic dry shampoo (on sale for 8 bucks each), Sally Hanson hair remover and a clear Rimmel lip liner.  I can't say it was exciting, but since I forgot to get waxed before my facial, I had to snag something. 

Sounds awesome!  Happy Birthday btw! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From Nordstrom's rack I got a great deal on these items:

Steve Madden Rawlings boots.  I like these a lot - they are kind of a manly style but I like that to go with skirts and dresses.  I am going to pick up a tan pair too.  I do that a lot - I'll pick up the same style in different colors if I really like something, does anyone else do that??

$(KGrHqF,!k8FIiin!11!BSJPKPqUZQ~~60_35.JPG   
I like those a lot too! Do you have many Steve Madden shoes? I'm curious about the quality/comfort/durability. I never find the heels comfortable when I try them on, but I don't remember looking at boots very closely.

I like those a lot too! Do you have many Steve Madden shoes? I'm curious about the quality/comfort/durability. I never find the heels comfortable when I try them on, but I don't remember looking at boots very closely.
I don't have a ton of them - I have another pair of SM brown shoes with a higher heel.  I don't wear them often because they are 1/2 size too big.  So far the boots are very very comfortable!  I wore them to 2 concerts already and my feet felt fine even after walking 6 blocks there, being on my feet/dancing for 4 hours, and walking 6 blocks home.  That was right out of the box so not even worn in at all.  I'd recommend them.  The heel on the boots is very small and didn't bother me.  I got a great deal on eBay on the grayish tan pair I wanted too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Nars lipstick in Dominque (love it) and Anita (love it too) UD naked 2 palette, UD lipstick in Mrs Mia Wallace. Kat von D lipgloss in Lolita, Lorac pro 2 palette, Essence gel eyeliners in Dark blue, brown and black. Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in espresso and Suede cream eyeshadow. Went crazy!!

Happy belated birthday!  

I became completely addicted to MAC lipsticks now and picked up Mehr based on this thread (thanks for the input!).  I also got Pander Me, Nouvelle Vogue, and Fashion Revival from the new matte line.  I really like them all!  Pander Me is a perfect orangey shade for fall, and Mehr is pretty much the shade I've been searching for forever and makes my lips look fuller.

r2uf5v.png

Today was my early birthday shopping spree! My grandma sent me a giftcard, and I used my FF code to get all of these goodies. Only ended up spending $22 out of pocket for it all!

I also snagged some OCC Lip Tar samples, as well as a Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm and Kat Von D foundation sample. And as you can see, I got my Makeup Forever birthday gift too!

Needless to say, I am having a great day.

r2uf5v.png

Today was my early birthday shopping spree! My grandma sent me a giftcard, and I used my FF code to get all of these goodies. Only ended up spending $22 out of pocket for it all!

I also snagged some OCC Lip Tar samples, as well as a Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm and Kat Von D foundation sample. And as you can see, I got my Makeup Forever birthday gift too!

Needless to say, I am having a great day.
Awesome choices!  I really want to try the Kat Von D foundation, too.  Also, happy early birthday! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really liked Brave but returned it because I have Rimmel Kate Moss in shade 08 which is an almost exact dupe, except it's a tad bit warmer/pinker and has a slightly glossier finish.  If you are wishing for Brave I'd get the Rimmel one first to see if you like it.  I put each shade on my lips 1/2 and 1/2 and could barely tell the difference.  I have 7 of the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks and they are great for the price.  As for the actual shade, it's a really great any-time pinkish nude and application was perfect.
Thanks for getting back to me and sorry I didnt see this sooner. Its great to know there is a dupe but I dont think I can get it over here. I will have to see if I can find it online.

Happy belated birthday, glad to hear you had a great day.

I became completely addicted to MAC lipsticks now and picked up Mehr based on this thread (thanks for the input!).  I also got Pander Me, Nouvelle Vogue, and Fashion Revival from the new matte line.  I really like them all!  Pander Me is a perfect orangey shade for fall, and Mehr is pretty much the shade I've been searching for forever and makes my lips look fuller.
This has been the year of crazy MAC lipstick purchases, the last 3 I ordered were Styled in Sepia, Nouvelle Vouge and Fashion Revival. Pander Me is also on my list looks like we have the same taste in lipsticks.

Latest posts

Back