Most recent purchases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a big shopping spree in Copenhagen today and also ordered a few things online! Here’s what I got: St. Tropez self-tanning mousse and application mitt, 2-pack PJ shorts from H&M, bra from H&M, Sigma brushes F82 and P84, MAC lip pencil in ‘Soar’, grey jacket from Gina Tricot, 2 x IKEA drawers, 2 x white IKEA plant things for my brushes, MAC lipstick in ‘Mehr’, and dress, shoes and pants from ASOS. 

35hjxtv.png

Went for a big shopping spree in Copenhagen today and also ordered a few things online! Here’s what I got: St. Tropez self-tanning mousse and application mitt, 2-pack PJ shorts from H&M, bra from H&M, Sigma brushes F82 and P84, MAC lip pencil in ‘Soar’, grey jacket from Gina Tricot, 2 x IKEA drawers, 2 x white IKEA plant things for my brushes, MAC lipstick in ‘Mehr’, and dress, shoes and pants from ASOS. 

35hjxtv.png
Awesome haul! Let me know how you like the lipstick its on my list of wants.

I bought the Givenchy Dahlia Divin perfume after receiving a sample in my sub box.  Absolutely in love with this scent for fall and the bottle is so cute.

Also ordered some black skinnys from JustFab and 2 candles (Autumn and Leaves) from B&BW, 5 hand sanitizers, and some more scent portables!! Totally getting in to the fall spirit over here.. so excited!

I made a Walgreens haul and got 13 items for $47.42, average of $3.64 per item.

I got 2 Maybelline Fit Me concealers (bogo 50% off), 2 WnW lipsticks, 1, WnW brow pencil and Comfort Zone palette (20% off WnW sale), 2 Jordana eyeshadow pencils, 2 Jordana EasyLiner pencils and 1 Jordana Balm stain, 2 Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks.

I'm supposed to be on a no buy, but I just couldn't stand the urge to splurge!

I made a Walgreens haul and got 13 items for $47.42, average of $3.64 per item.

I got 2 Maybelline Fit Me concealers (bogo 50% off), 2 WnW lipsticks, 1, WnW brow pencil and Comfort Zone palette (20% off WnW sale), 2 Jordana eyeshadow pencils, 2 Jordana EasyLiner pencils and 1 Jordana Balm stain, 2 Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks.

I'm supposed to be on a no buy, but I just couldn't stand the urge to splurge!
I love those Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks, I picked up 7 of them last fall and they are great for the price!

I picked up a few things last week after trying very hard to be on a no buy for a while.  I passed on the Zoya BOGO sale and also the Tarte Exposed set from Ulta, which is amazing for me :)

From Nordstrom's rack I got a great deal on these items:

Steve Madden Rawlings boots.  I like these a lot - they are kind of a manly style but I like that to go with skirts and dresses.  I am going to pick up a tan pair too.  I do that a lot - I'll pick up the same style in different colors if I really like something, does anyone else do that??

$(KGrHqF,!k8FIiin!11!BSJPKPqUZQ~~60_35.JPG   

Bearpaw Tall Sweater boots, these are so comfortable and I like that I can wear them tall or short.

shoes_ia72111.jpg

My favorite perfume, Vince Camuto.

PRFM-197070.jpg

And 2 pairs of plush lined tights in black and gray which I pretty much live in in the winter.

I also got my Urban Decay Vice 3 palette in the mail along with 4 Lip Junkies that were on sale for $5 each.  I have been having fun playing with the colors, but I have to admit the quality seems lesser than all my other UD palettes as far as pigmentation and fallout goes so that's a bit disappointing.  Going to play with it more before I decide if I'll return it or not.

Urban-Decay-Vice-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My weekend hauls...everything in the first photo is from Planet Beauty - all 50% off (plus free samples!).  The second from L'Occitane, the oil (one bottle) and eye and face serums (7 each) were free...and of course it wouldn't be a haul if Sephora wasn't in there somewhere!

IMG_5640.jpg
IMG_5641.jpg
Awesome haul!

So I have been trying to change my look up a little bit and I usually go heavier on my eye makeup/light gloss on my lips, but I wanted to get some nice lipsticks to start playing with.  I started researching some lipstick looks that I liked, specifically Regina's Mayor lip look from Once Upon A Time, which I discovered was MAC Capricious over Plum lipliner, and Kylie Jenner's lip look which is MAC Whirl under a mix of MAC Brave and Viva Glam V.  So I stopped by Nordstroms today and got my first MAC haul ever.  It was a good deal because I had $20 worth of "Notes" (coupons) and used Triple Points so I'll get another $20 coupon.  Anyway, I got these:

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]1660656_853383555867_481223644650871246_n.jpg10407615_853383540897_4869939644565595845_n.jpg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]The lipliner is Half Red which seemed like the best shade to go under most of these lipsticks.  They were out of Whirl and apparently there's a shortage of them everywhere right now :(   Then I got Craving, Capricious, Syrup, Viva Glam V, Brave, and Captive.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have been trying to change my look up a little bit and I usually go heavier on my eye makeup/light gloss on my lips, but I wanted to get some nice lipsticks to start playing with.  I started researching some lipstick looks that I liked, specifically Regina's Mayor lip look from Once Upon A Time, which I discovered was MAC Capricious over Plum lipliner, and Kylie Jenner's lip look which is MAC Whirl under a mix of MAC Brave and Viva Glam V.  So I stopped by Nordstroms today and got my first MAC haul ever.  It was a good deal because I had $20 worth of "Notes" (coupons) and used Triple Points so I'll get another $20 coupon.  Anyway, I got these:

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]
1660656_853383555867_481223644650871246_n.jpg
10407615_853383540897_4869939644565595845_n.jpg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]The lipliner is Half Red which seemed like the best shade to go under most of these lipsticks.  They were out of Whirl and apparently there's a shortage of them everywhere right now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Then I got Craving, Capricious, Syrup, Viva Glam V, Brave, and Captive.[/SIZE]
Actually I wound up swapping two of these, it turned out Brave is a dupe for Rimmel Kate Moss 08 and I don't need both.  Half Red lipliner was too dark after I tried it on at home.  So I exchanged them for lipliner in Soar and lipsticks in Faux, Up The Amp, and Fanfare.  Up the Amp and Fanfare aren't colors I'd normally choose as Up the Amp is a purple-pink shade and Fanfare is a coral-pink but I liked them a lot once I put them on!  I usually stick to rose or pink shades, these are a nice twist.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]
1660656_853383555867_481223644650871246_n.jpg
10407615_853383540897_4869939644565595845_n.jpg[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]The lipliner is Half Red which seemed like the best shade to go under most of these lipsticks.  They were out of Whirl and apparently there's a shortage of them everywhere right now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Then I got Craving, Capricious, Syrup, Viva Glam V, Brave, and Captive.[/SIZE]
Those are all beautiful! I've had brave on my wish list for a while how do you like it?

Those are all beautiful! I've had brave on my wish list for a while how do you like it?
I really liked Brave but returned it because I have Rimmel Kate Moss in shade 08 which is an almost exact dupe, except it's a tad bit warmer/pinker and has a slightly glossier finish.  If you are wishing for Brave I'd get the Rimmel one first to see if you like it.  I put each shade on my lips 1/2 and 1/2 and could barely tell the difference.  I have 7 of the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks and they are great for the price.  As for the actual shade, it's a really great any-time pinkish nude and application was perfect.

Actually I wound up swapping two of these, it turned out Brave is a dupe for Rimmel Kate Moss 08 and I don't need both.  Half Red lipliner was too dark after I tried it on at home.  So I exchanged them for lipliner in Soar and lipsticks in Faux, Up The Amp, and Fanfare.  Up the Amp and Fanfare aren't colors I'd normally choose as Up the Amp is a purple-pink shade and Fanfare is a coral-pink but I liked them a lot once I put them on!  I usually stick to rose or pink shades, these are a nice twist.
Soar is a gorgeous liner. I've been filling in my entire lip with it and then layering YSL's Gloss Volupté in 210 Beige Nu over it for a seriously intense mauve fall lip. :wub:

Yesterday was my 50th Birthday, so I went to Ulta with a $50 dollar budget. Most of y'all know I am a caregiver to my disabled Momma. Normally I only go to the local grocery store, pharmacy, Walgreens, WalMart (when I cannot avoid it) and take Momma to Dr, appointments. Ulta is not in my town, so getting to go to the actual store is a really big deal for me. It was only the second time ever that I have been!

I bought three things for myself: Ulta Beauty Treasures Train Case in "Natural", packed chock full of stuff! $19.99 on sale. Ulta All Dolled Up shadow palette

$12. and a gorgeous compact mirror by Things Remembered, gold tone metal, mother of pearl and small faux pearl clasp. marked down from $25 to $6.99. I used a $3.50 off $10 coupon. Total with tax = $38.67!! Thrilled with my purchases.

The sweet ladies working there tossed some little extras my way, I thought I was going to cry! Very fun way for me to spend my Birthday, indulging my makeup addiction.

Yesterday was my 50th Birthday, so I went to Ulta with a $50 dollar budget. Most of y'all know I am a caregiver to my disabled Momma. Normally I only go to the local grocery store, pharmacy, Walgreens, WalMart (when I cannot avoid it) and take Momma to Dr, appointments. Ulta is not in my town, so getting to go to the actual store is a really big deal for me. It was only the second time ever that I have been!

I bought three things for myself: Ulta Beauty Treasures Train Case in "Natural", packed chock full of stuff! $19.99 on sale. Ulta All Dolled Up shadow palette

$12. and a gorgeous compact mirror by Things Remembered, gold tone metal, mother of pearl and small faux pearl clasp. marked down from $25 to $6.99. I used a $3.50 off $10 coupon. Total with tax = $38.67!! Thrilled with my purchases.

The sweet ladies working there tossed some little extras my way, I thought I was going to cry! Very fun way for me to spend my Birthday, indulging my makeup addiction.
Happy Belated Birthday!  Hope you had a wonderful day!  Enjoy your pretties you deserve them!

Happy belated birthday, sweetheart!

Latest posts

Back