My manager yelled at me because of my MAC makeup.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your co-manager sounds pathetic, she tells you that you can't do this and you can't do that, yet she's copying your look! That is just too funny in a pathetic kind of way. I would have casually asked-"Oh I thought we could only wear one eyeshadow and it has to be VS?" lol. What a dumb bi**h, it's lame people like that that make you feel good about yourself!

Originally Posted by BloodMittens /img/forum/go_quote.gif This is coming from the manager who has as much creativity as a bath-mat and thinks being tan as hell and showing your stomach is still hot. Hehe that made me laugh!!
She sounds like a biatch. Glad the general manager's on your side!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's insane BS! I'd ask where in the rule book it states you can only wear one eyeshadow color... I can understand the MAC part, but the rest is just blatant BS! Ditto!

[spam url to bump a 4 year old thread was removed]

I went here last Sunday.  The girl that helped me was pretty rude.  I asked her if by chance she had time to put the eye shadows I was going to purchase on me.  I realize I did not have an appointment.  She told me she would have time to just throw on the shadow before her next appointment, (which I was excited about).  Then when she got to me she asked me if I was going to buy anything else because I was already buying the shadow and the purpose of her putting it on me was to get me to buy something else.  I was a little shocked by her bluntness.  I didn't really know what to say.  Funny thing is I love make up and probably would have purchased a blush she recommended or some other random item.  I work in the service industry and would never treat someone the way she treated me! After I purchased my items I really wished that I had gone elsewhere rather than give her the commission.  I wish I had kept her card so I could mention the name.  If I find it I will update.  I definitely will not be calling her for a trial for my wedding LOL!!!!

Im sorry you are having to deal with such a crazy manager. Perhaps is she a tad jealous that she doesnt have the makeup skills you have.

I agree with the only being able to wear cosmetics from the line you are selling. That way if a costumer asks what product you are wearing, you arent directing their business elsewhere.

However telling you to only wear one colour at a time, or asking you to remove your extentions is ridiculous.

Many places prefer there employees to have natural looking colour on their hair with nothing to out of the ordinary. Everywhere that I have worked had that rule.

Good luck in whatever happens, maybe looking for a new job where you can show off your creativity is a better option for you. Its no fun working at a job that makes you miserable.

Jealous or not all stores have in their handbooks a dress code or policy in place about what is and is not allowed. My suggestion tone down the makeup at work and do what ever you please when not working. As for your hair she can't make you change your hair color if you were hired with a certain color now if your hair was "normal" (not dyed) then you dyed it some radical color that is not allowed per dress code/policy then yes she can make you change it or even fire you. Most states are at-will states which means you can be terminated for any reason including how you dress.

Wow that's just terrible- matching your makeup to your black outfit? Talk about dull and strict. I understand the no MAC part- my friend works at Hollister Co, and she's only allowed to wear Abercrombie and Fitch's brands' clothes. It is a professional environment, and sometimes you have to sacrifice a bit of what you like to keep something, like your job.

honestly, even the MAC part is stupid. how the hell does the customer know what eyeshadow you're wearing? you could pretty much just say "oh i'm wearing this" when really you're not. screw your manager.. she sounds like a C-word!

Back