My new makeup case (Ok, it's a tackle box...)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like that alot better then an actual make up box, seems really organized.. i also use a tackle box.. not as nice as that.. but i think im going to look into something better, more like yours.

That's really cute, very organised, great stash hun
smile.gif

Thanks guys! I found this one at my local Wal-Mart. Here's a link to it on the Wal-Mart site. Plano 737 Three-Drawer Tackle Box - Wal-Mart I think it was around $30 in the store.

Yep, most of my makeup is mineral makeup. Mostly ordered in samples or in baggie refills that I transfer to my own jars. I looked in the crafts section, in the tools section, and in the tackle box section. This is finally the one that fit all my needs. It had the clear boxes with hinged lids that I knew were going to be just perfect for my 3 and 5g jars. It also had the slide out drawers without lids that I wanted. I didn't want everything to be in it's own box, because that would take up so much room during the actual application process. I wanted the drawers that I can go back and forth between quickly.

I also needed a "junk drawer" type feature for things like moisturizers, deodorant, a mirror, etc, which the top of this one fit perfectly. I also love the fact that even with it closed, you can open up a tiny portion of it for quick access. I keep my pills (meds & Vitamins), a tiny mister bottle of spring water, some coconut oil, some aloe vera gel, a bottle of perfume, etc. in there. Those are the things that I need more often at times when I am not necessarily applying makeup. And then I like keeping my lip stuff in the very top with the clear lid. I have to reapply my lipstick or lip gloss more often than anything else, so this makes it really easy to access whatever I am looking for.

I still need to transfer a lot more into the jars, but the case gives me ample room to store them in jars or in the baggies. It has worked out better than I ever imagined. I just sit it on my bed in the mornings and do my makeup there while listening to the news.

Originally Posted by katnahat I see all your Mineral Makeup in there. I use MMU too. You've got the famous flat top in pink too!
biggrin.gif

Yes, I absolutely adore the UGG flat toip. Definately my favorite brush of all time.
I have found that my favorite eye brushes are from E.L.F. Who'd of thought that I would love the $1 brushes better than any others that I tried?? And at that cheap price, I am able to keep several - I only use white on one, only use dark purple or black on one, one is reserved for purples, one is reserved for pinks/reds, and then I have one or two more that is just for whatever... Plus one to blend at the end.

I have one of these (or something very similar) but I don't use it anymore. I got mine at K-mart and it was really cheap
smile.gif

Sheesh! I am too impressed. LOVELY!! I'm going to get one and decorate it with rhinestones and sequins. Great find you got there!

Originally Posted by allison0699 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks guys! I found this one at my local Wal-Mart. Here's a link to it on the Wal-Mart site. Plano 737 Three-Drawer Tackle Box - Wal-Mart I think it was around $30 in the store.
Yep, most of my makeup is mineral makeup. Mostly ordered in samples or in baggie refills that I transfer to my own jars. I looked in the crafts section, in the tools section, and in the tackle box section. This is finally the one that fit all my needs. It had the clear boxes with hinged lids that I knew were going to be just perfect for my 3 and 5g jars. It also had the slide out drawers without lids that I wanted. I didn't want everything to be in it's own box, because that would take up so much room during the actual application process. I wanted the drawers that I can go back and forth between quickly.

I also needed a "junk drawer" type feature for things like moisturizers, deodorant, a mirror, etc, which the top of this one fit perfectly. I also love the fact that even with it closed, you can open up a tiny portion of it for quick access. I keep my pills (meds & Vitamins), a tiny mister bottle of spring water, some coconut oil, some aloe vera gel, a bottle of perfume, etc. in there. Those are the things that I need more often at times when I am not necessarily applying makeup. And then I like keeping my lip stuff in the very top with the clear lid. I have to reapply my lipstick or lip gloss more often than anything else, so this makes it really easy to access whatever I am looking for.

I still need to transfer a lot more into the jars, but the case gives me ample room to store them in jars or in the baggies. It has worked out better than I ever imagined. I just sit it on my bed in the mornings and do my makeup there while listening to the news.

Yes, I absolutely adore the UGG flat toip. Definately my favorite brush of all time.

I have found that my favorite eye brushes are from E.L.F. Who'd of thought that I would love the $1 brushes better than any others that I tried?? And at that cheap price, I am able to keep several - I only use white on one, only use dark purple or black on one, one is reserved for purples, one is reserved for pinks/reds, and then I have one or two more that is just for whatever... Plus one to blend at the end.

Allison 0699- Where did you get all those little jars for your makeup, those are such a perfect size. How much to they hold?

Originally Posted by proudmommy2 Allison 0699- Where did you get all those little jars for your makeup, those are such a perfect size. How much to they hold? I get them normally from Ebay or Ebay Express. There is a store on there called Jar World and they have been great to work with so far. Almost all the time they are free shipping.
Here is a link to their storefront.

eBay Store - JAR WORLD: 5 GRAMS SIFTER JARS, 5 GRAM JARS, 10 GRAM SIFTER JARS

They sell 5g, 10g, 20g, and 30g sifter jars. Clear tops, white tops, black tops, etc. 30g is sort of a traditional mineral makeup foundation size. I use the 10g normally for blush or primer power and the 5g for e/s or samples.

That's a really good idea. I would of never thought about a tackle box. Awesome!
smile.gif

Back