Name your long wearing mineral foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the name of it?
smile.gif
Inquiring minds......

I really like Silk Naturals heavy coverage. Its a newer blend to give heavier coverage. It stays put until I take it off usually around 14 hours...YIKES!!! My other foundation which becoming my HG, cuz I'm too lazy to mix my own color with SN, is J.Lynne. beautiful finish, very natural.I rarely use a primer, just regular moisturizer. I'm in between with summer, so I have my winter and the next level up that I mix in a separate jar for summer. I always use a finishing powder too.

For me Cory's and EGM- Cover Me. Cover Me look much better on. Both cover excellent and hold all day even in humid hot climate.

Aubrey Nicole Full Coverage. I use light neutral. I've tried at least 15 mineral foundations and Aubrey Nicole is the absolute best for me.

Wow, you have plenty of choices now! I just recently came into My favorite. Bare Minerals. But I use a primer. Nothing fancy. Just Revlon's Beyond Natural. I have combination skin and I'm shocked the mineral foundation hasn't budged. I was so used to having to blot my t-zone with a tissue several times a day while wearing other foundations - along with the primer, but I haven't had to since wearing BM. It literally stays on me as if I just applied it from morning until I wash it off at night.
smile.gif
And it hasn't dried my skin out at all!

i agree with bare minerals,i tried TONS of other brands and nothing compares with b.e. 4 me anyway and it looks more natural!

i agree with EGM Cover Me - it lasts long and has great coverage. i also have tried the monistat chafing gel for a primer and finishing powders and/or mac fix+ to finish to help make it last as well.....

BE works for me, but then again I pack all over poweder and bisque in with it so I guess that doNT count. *shrugs*

I have tried samples of many of the mineral foundations out there but I believe Bare Escentuals Medium Beige (summer) & Fairly Light (winter) looks the best on me & works so well with my skin, which tends to be dry. I really do have to take care of my skin with moisturizers & have tried many skin care regimens also but may have finally found one that works the best. I liked Laura Geller's primerr but now am using Laura Mercier moisturizing primer & think this may be the "one".
biggrin.gif

I really think MMU is such an individual thing, based on our own chemical makeup, so what works wonderful for one person may not for another, even those that have similar type skin, unfortunately. Same with primers.
frown.gif
As I stated, I have tried so many samples & feel my search is over for foundation - thank goodness. LOL It can become almost discouraging, I know.
frown.gif
I think you just need to keep sampling until you find your perfect combo. I hope you find your perfect foundie soon.

Hi everyone,

How expensive is the Cover Me mineral foundation and is it ordered online or is it available nationwide in stores. I like the less heavy feel of mineral foudation as opposed to other types.

I saw from a a lot of reviews about SMM (Southern Magnolia Minerals) and they say that it gives good coverage. I'm about to order to try it...check their website and reviews
smile.gif

I like the EDM and AMM foundations. I tried a few others but a lot of them had Bismuth Oxychloride that made me itchy and break out. Once I started looking for products without it I found my experience much better.

Originally Posted by GINALINDA35 /img/forum/go_quote.gif HiI'm tired of trying to keep my mineral makeup to last all day, the most that it last me is 4 to 5 hours.

I need help can you tell me which is you best longwearing foundation?

Any suggestions?

I use Coastal Scents Silk Cover Mineral Foundation, my personal Holy Grail of make-up.
silkcovermedium1-2foundation_300.jpg

I use it concurrently with Coastal Scents Diva Defense Primer and Tinted Mineral Veil.

The result?

Great coverage and flawless matte finish that lasts all day!

Everyone's skin is different...so unfortunately, everyone's reaction to the same foundation will vary.

But I'll say:

Any mineral make-up you use should last considerably longer with the use of a primer.

Also, a little spritz of MAC Fix+ over your entire completed make-up look will help it stay put all day.

Hope this helps!

At this time it's Ada Cosmetics Caramel, with the Transparent Finishing Veil. The veil is made with arrowroot powder and works wonders. My makeup last all day, even in humid weather. Really get in there and buff your foundation well. It will adhere and last longer.

Back