Name your long wearing mineral foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it's Cover Me by EgMinerals. All summer it hasn't let me down. They have free foundation kits now in Cover me and the other foundation powder formula - had to check the name- Youthful Glow (it's lighter coverage than Cover Me)

Originally Posted by MMUgurl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have tried samples of many of the mineral foundations out there but I believe Bare Escentuals Medium Beige (summer) & Fairly Light (winter) looks the best on me & works so well with my skin, which tends to be dry. I really do have to take care of my skin with moisturizers & have tried many skin care regimens also but may have finally found one that works the best. I liked Laura Geller's primerr but now am using Laura Mercier moisturizing primer & think this may be the "one".
biggrin.gif

I really think MMU is such an individual thing, based on our own chemical makeup, so what works wonderful for one person may not for another, even those that have similar type skin, unfortunately. Same with primers.
frown.gif
As I stated, I have tried so many samples & feel my search is over for foundation - thank goodness. LOL It can become almost discouraging, I know.
frown.gif
I think you just need to keep sampling until you find your perfect combo. I hope you find your perfect foundie soon.

Totally agree. I recently found one brand drying which I never thought a MMU would do! I am still testing (yawn!) but so far find BE is longest wearing and best coverage for my needs. Each to their own.
FWIW - I use a primer and then a spritz of MAC Fix +, still looks good at the end of a day. I have combo skin and am the moment am pregnant so my face turned into an oil slick so using corrective items for that but it still is lasting with these two items.

Good luck!

I'm found that Bella Pierre lasted for quite a while with my skin. I would also use their make up primer too cuz I tend to have really dry skin so that helps to add moisture. Whenever I would be wearing the makeup and start sweating a lot (Sacramento summers are rough) I would just lightly blot with a tissue and I would go right back to a matte face.

Hello ladies,

i'm new here, and i want to say my opinion.

I used Bare escentuals for one year but i did not liked it, now i found new foundation barexminerals.com, and it perfect for my skin. BE has Bismuth oxychloride and it is not good for our skin. so when i read that i start to look for something new. I tried Everyday minerals but i don't know why is was not for my skin.

i can definitely recommend Buff'd- they have maximum coverage. it covers all of my acne scars and redness.

on the second place is EGminerals- the coverage is good, but not that good as buff'd.

Just put weledas almond intensive creme under it. It kept my 5hr long mmu on for 11hrs. I am obsessed.period.

My HG is the Hollywood formula from LA Minerals. And I use their oil control powder on my forehead. I was using those blotting papers all day long till I started using this combo. I love the coverag, not too glowy, not too matte, and their oil control powder is just amazing. They are the only company I found that uses silica shells in their formula. I read about that ingredient and they are like lil empty sponges that soak up a LOT of liquid!

So....it's important to put the oil control powder on last cuz you don't want it against your moisturizer
wink.gif

mineral-foundation.jpg

Originally Posted by sarah29457 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I personally use Everyday Minerals or Spell Cosmetics Harmony foundation. I find my EDM in the Intensive formulation lasts much longer but I love both to wear from morning through night. Thanks for your ideas.

The Hollywood foundation lasts all day with or without the oil control powder. Like I just put the oil control on my forehead, but the rest of my face has foundation too! LOL

I use their yellow concealer under my eyes. GREAT stuff...covers the dark circles and doesn't run off, get smudgey or creasy. Weird powder...it's creamy and kinda sticky if you rub it between your fingers. Pretty much waterproof (concealer) from what I can tell. You have to put foundation over the concealer if you use the yellow one, cuz it's really bright. They have skin toned ones too though
smile.gif

I use Manhattan Minerals they provide exellent coverage that lasts up to 8 hours without the need to re-apply. They are also great price and have a good product selection.

Have you considered using a finishing or setting powder? They can help to keep your foundation set and last all day.

Originally Posted by CDazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd say egminerals Cover Me is the longest wearing. I have oily skin and this one lasts all day flawlessly. I'd give a second to Cory's but it doesn't look as good on my skin as the Cover Me but it does have good coverage and sticks for hours. Third would probably be Joppa full coverage then Buff'd. To make your foundation last longer try adding a Primer to your face before your foundation. The reason your foundation does not last is because there is no adhesion. Using a Primer like Coatal Scents, EDM, or any other will help make your foundation last all day long. Then add your foundation like EDM, Alima, Coastal Scents, and Lueur Jeune Out of all of those Lueur Jeune is my favorite. Also, to help seal it use a finishing powder. Hope this can help a little bit.

Lumiere in Cashmere.

(I ussually use Lumiere "silk veil Sheer" or Jane Iredal "Absence base" as a primer).

Moistening does metter!

Jane Iredale is a very good choice, it lasts long, it looks very natural and smooth on the skin as well

I think no makeup can wear that long .Even the top brand stuff .So what we can do is always check them in the ladies room.

Hi there i wear manhattan minerals they do great kits at good prices. I use the concealer first then the foundation, then a light dusting of the finishing powder and it stays put all day.

Can someone list which ones out of these long lasting makeups have the best coverage

(someone whos tried multiple would be great!)

Thank you all so much

Back