Name your long wearing mineral foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just found my new long lasting perfect mineral foundation, from laura mercier. I am in love <3

I use merle norman too, luv it
claps.gif

hi everyone ,

my fav one by one mac mineral loos foundation ,elizabith arden the last one which i don't mostly use is the bare mineral because it breaks me out.

i have many ways to apply my mineral foundation ,

1-Going to college

Before i start applying make up, my face should be clean and free of excess oils. i use a facial cream designed for my skin type and my skin is kind of combination so i use netrojena , and a primer i use make up forever primer is the best with me bcs it has lightwieght and let my foundation last longer.i Use a foundation brush to ensure that i don’t apply too much and start with layer and then spray on your face fix spray or use that one from the body shop with vitamin e which refresh and let the second layer blend better and stay longer and so untill you feel happy with the result.

2-For shooping

i apply my facial cream and then i spray vitamin e from the body shop ,wait for a second and use my mac 182 kabuki brush or nars bronzer brush.

finelly spray between each layer to creat acovrage and your mineral stay longer bcs base is not the the hero of keeping your foundation last longer .

3- For meeting or if i have apresentation

The last treck i apply netrojena cream bcs it is not sticky (facial cream) for combination skin and why i am doing that bcs i will mix my primer with my mineral then i apply fix spray and then mix your primer with your mineral as i told and thats pretty much it.

i wish it helps with my love

Reema

bare minerals lasts all day for me (at least 8 hours). I just make sure I use the mineral vail to set the foundation.

EGM (earthen glow minerals) Cover Me foundation lasts all day and covers perfectly. I just tried their Mica free and it's a hands down winner. A lot like cover me but a little looser with the same coverage. Also seems to be waterproof cause I went swimming and it didn't budge a bit.

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural looks the best and lasts the longest on my skin. I love and hope they never discontinue it. I work in an office that is air conditioned but need to spend 1/2 my day out in the sweltering factory. We heat treat steel and other metals. The temperatures inside during the summer gets to be around 120 to 150 degrees. The heat is unbearable. I dread the summer months because of where I work. I had to try alot of different mineral foundations to find one that stayed on me all day while going from the temperature extremes I need to go thru all day.

I've tried many of the mineral foundations listed in this thread. I am 45 years old and prefer mineral makeups without Bismuth even though Bismuth does not bother me. I love that my Mac Mineralize comes in a pressed version to take to work with me if I would ever need a touch up but I never do.

I also use Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray wheich also helps my makeup stay better.

The longest lasting mineral foundation I have used is KmS Mineral Essentials. I am not sure if it is because I mix it evenly with concealer? At any rate, it gets me through the day and beyond!

Back