Navel (Belly Button) Piercings...got one?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't checked this thread in a while- I'm so sorry for responding so late. I do not have any extra stretch marks from the piercing. It looks like it did when I first had it done (of course my tummy is now bigger). I apparently have a deep navel so my belly button never became an outie throughout the whole pregnancy which is probably one reason why I didnt have to remove it. For women whose belly button isnt as deep there are many websites that make belly jewelry for pregnant women. Here's one site that I found doing a search today but there are tons of others

- Body Jewelry

enjoy yourself,

Me

I got mine done last year. I was so scared to get it done but it really didn't hurt that much more than an injection. I hate needles and I fully hyperventilated, LOL.

I love it though, and I love buying sexy and pretty jewellery to put in it. I don't have that flat of a stomach so I don't flaunt it or anything though :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i want one but i wont subject people to the sight of my belly lol. when i lose some pounds ill def do it

don't wait to lose the weight first! I'm not a model and I always thought I'd wait til I lost weight, but I LOVE my piercing and I'm so glad I didn't wait til I was thinner.. otherwise i'd still be waiting, LOL

i got mine done about age 29. took about a year to heal, major pain ! however, well worth it, i love having it

I had one, but it's gone now. Had to take it out when I got pregnant with my last daughter. My body tried rejecting the jewelry a lot too. It took about a good year to heal.

oooh I hope i don't get preggers and have to take it out! there is jewellry that fits in when you're pregnant though, isnt there?

Yes, in fact there is Pink. It's a stretchy kind of navel bar that you can use. It will twist and contort to whatever shape it needs to assume. So the pregnant mother is comfy, and the piercing stays open.

Also, I think not just skinny, ultra flat bellies can wear navel jewelry. I think there are quite a lot of people that find a bit of a decorative navel attractive, even if the lady is a tad bit round in the belly.... :smile:

me too nox! I'm so glad to hear I can keep it open. Not that I'm planning on getting pregnant, but you never know what could happen!

I did mine when I was like 14 or so and took it out before it fully healed. I'm kind of over the whole naval piercing thing. I had a monroe though which I loved

I got mine done when I was 16 I didnt give it much thought just suddenly realized its pretty hot and did it. I had already gotten my tongue pierced so I didnt believe it would hurt more. It didnt lol it barely hurt and after a day I was fine.

I can only have stainless steel in it, otherwise it gets irratated, so most of the time I keep the plain stainless barbel in and constantly search stores for really cute stainless steel jewelry.

I tried this one just recently and I loved it so much, loved to show it off hehe, but I had to take it out because I didnt take it out when I went for showers and it was like half real so the little tiny loops that held it together started to rust :scared: I miss it lots it was sexy but I continue on my search for a new sexy ring :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Love this thread by the way! Glad you got yours done Nox! Would love to see pics!

I have had mine for a little over 4 years now and I love it. I want to get a lower navel piercing but I was told I don't have enough skin to get it done. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hahahaaaa! No way Jose! It does not look photo ready at all. It is kinda crusty right now, so I'd rather not show it off just yet if you don't mind, LOL. I'll just wait till it heals a little bit more. :laughing:

Thats a great idea.....Well I even love to go for that....

Well a kind of pain initially exists and gets cured within

a short span......

this is the only pic of me I have which shows my belly button ring. This was taken just after I got it. We went on a dolphin watching tour and I think all the salt water stopped me from getting an infection :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes-I-know-I-have-crazy-tanlines.jpg

When navel piercings first got popular I wanted one really bad, but now I am glad that I dont have one. I get more positive comments on not having one... I think its because society is so used to seeing it.

i got mine done with my mom. i said I was 18 and she got hers with me, so I wasnt asked for ID. I've had mine for a while now and have had no problems. I owned horses until I was 17 and always rode with it in only prblem was it would sometimes break the hook if they had dangles. Otherwise their great. I tend to stay with surgical steel or now gold since my boyfriend bought it for me

Back