New Beauty Test Tube - January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We got a candle with both... NBTT and Sample Society. NBTT was a VOTIVO in Icy Blue Pine scent and the Sample Society was a teeny tiny round ILLUME Balsam & Cedar soy candle.
Oh, god...yeah, you're totally right! I hated that pine scent and I guess I forced myself to forget LOL My Sample Society one wasn't balsam and cedar (thank goodness - I'd so hate that). I got Desert Tulip there, and it reminded me of Clinique Happy (which I like), but I still never ever want a candle in a beauty sub.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, god...yeah, you're totally right! I hated that pine scent and I guess I forced myself to forget LOL My Sample Society one wasn't balsam and cedar (thank goodness - I'd so hate that). I got Desert Tulip there, and it reminded me of Clinique Happy (which I like), but I still never ever want a candle in a beauty sub.
Lol... I'm trying to force myself to sort of like them. When I was typing my last post, I started feeling guilty that I have 2 Christmas candles and didn't use either one. I hate wasting anything but I can't imagine them being packed up until next Christmas (probably would end up smelling worse than they do now). I am debating whether I should just suck it up and get them out of the way by burning them now even though the season is over!

The QVC one and its contents is now live on their website.  You can get a one time tube or sign up for auto-delivery.
I'm sad. I like this one better.

From NewBeauty Magazine:

From TestTube website:

Just saw my card was charged so I came too see the spoilers. Utterly disappointed. Canceling after this. Was disappointed by the last one too. Am I the only one?

I for one thought the items were way "higher endish" before theyy switched owners and to every other month except for the last few tubs the old NBTT owners were sending out.Now im not excited for drug store brands and bc of so many repeats i dont feel as if i am getting to "experiment" with beauty. I am Mally eyelinerd out. It could just be me being such a junkie that it takes more to impress me beauty wise. I enjoy trying higher end things that i know I would not spend the money on unless I had sampled and loved them. Pantene just does absolutely nothing for me.I have been with NBTT for like 2 yrs now and am seriously condidering cancelling . I do however, miss so badly the tubes I received my first yr with them.

Quote: Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I for one thought the items were way "higher endish" before theyy switched owners and to every other month except for the last few tubs the old NBTT owners were sending out.Now im not excited for drug store brands and bc of so many repeats i dont feel as if i am getting to "experiment" with beauty. I am Mally eyelinerd out. It could just be me being such a junkie that it takes more to impress me beauty wise. I enjoy trying higher end things that i know I would not spend the money on unless I had sampled and loved them. Pantene just does absolutely nothing for me.I have been with NBTT for like 2 yrs now and am seriously condidering cancelling . I do however, miss so badly the tubes I received my first yr with them.
I've tortured myself by watching Youtube videos of the subs that were received around the time that you're speaking of and they were SO amazing.... I kick myself constantly for missing out on them!

Just ordered the qvc version after seeing its contents. I think I will be cancelling the regular version. I don't need mass market shampoos and such. It is such a pricey subscription to be meh about.

Got my tube today!  Had all the contents as above PLUS

There was also a June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask  in the tube itself.  My Beauty to Go extras were: a foil of DDF moisturizing dew, Immunocologie treatment cream, Lumene firming day cream, and a mini ybf lipgloss in beachberry!  ( always excited to get lip products)
The extras really helped improve the tube for me.
thumbsup2.gif
  Of course I should never come back to this thread lest someone else gets something I covet more and gives me tube envy!
icon_lol.gif

thanks for posting that info mckondik... the extra items does make it seem quite a bit better than just what they revealed in the video! Now I'm excited for mine to get here and oh my goodness, I really hope that I also get that lip product sample....

Quote: Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There was also a June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask  in the tube itself.  My Beauty to Go extras were: a foil of DDF moisturizing dew, Immunocologie treatment cream, Lumene firming day cream, and a mini ybf lipgloss in beachberry!  ( always excited to get lip products)
thumbsup2.gif
  Of course I should never come back to this thread lest someone else gets something I covet more and gives me tube envy!
icon_lol.gif

Those do improve it. I'm still upset about the decline in quality of the main items, but I'd be happy to get those particular extra samples. And if I don't, I will likely have severe "tube envy" of you!

Quote: Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thumbsup2.gif
icon_lol.gif

Awesome!  Thanks for posting.  I've tried one of those items in a past test tube, I'm excited for my tube to arrive.

Mmmh not quite sure what to think of this one until I receive the NBTT tomorrow.

Some thoughts ahead:

No to judge to fast but only based on the picture:

We just finished the last candle and although I really liked it, that's not why I am subscribing to NBTT

Pantene... one of my most disliked brands

Pretty sure the eyeliner will be a dupe from GB sometime last year.

In the middle of the picture.... is that the boddy butter that was in NBTT 3 tubes ago?

Considering this was advertised as a sub to try higher end brands as of now I will probably cancel. Everything that interest me is foil size and half of the other stuff I give to friends or donate.

Got my Tube today. Got everything the above poster said they received. I'm a little disappointed because I feel like I've gotten a few of these products in the Tube before...maybe it was the QVC tube, IDK. But, I think I'll still use everything, so at least that's good.

I bought a full size of that June Jacobs stuff a few months ago because I loved it so much, and I'm still not even finished with my sample from a previous box! Oh well...I may keep it or give it to my mom. Probably give it to my mom since it'll likely take forever for me to get through the full size!!

I'm jealous, I didn't get the lip product, or treatment cream in my extras, instead I got a 2 oz.Philosophy inner Grace bottle and a 2.5 oz Perlier Grapefruit Foam Bath. I am liking this box a lot better than the last. The candle beats the pine by a long shot. I can't get rid of that pine scent, it still lingers! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my tube hasnt even left the warehouse yet! says shipping info was received 12/20 wow.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cme800 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm jealous, I didn't get the lip product, or treatment cream in my extras, instead I got a 2 oz.Philosophy inner Grace bottle and a 2.5 oz Perlier Grapefruit Foam Bath.

I am liking this box a lot better than the last. The candle beats the pine by a long shot. I can't get rid of that pine scent, it still lingers!
frown.gif

OH!!! I hope I get the same tube as you! I would rather have both your extras! Fingers crossed!

Got my tube. Much happier than expected. Can't wait to try the biosilk. Got the June Jacobs. It's a repeat but I like it. Got the DDF, ybf (cute!), lumene and venomax. Happy to try that cream.... 1/2 oz is worth $80! I bet I love it :-(

Quote: Originally Posted by MzKayleeJames /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my tube. Much happier than expected. Can't wait to try the biosilk.

Got the June Jacobs. It's a repeat but I like it. Got the DDF, ybf (cute!), lumene and venomax. Happy to try that cream.... 1/2 oz is worth $80! I bet I love it :-(
You got Venomax?! I love that! I soooo hope I get that.

Quote: Originally Posted by lady41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my tube hasnt even left the warehouse yet! says shipping info was received 12/20 wow.
Meee tooo!  What's the hold up?

Back