New Beauty Test Tube - January 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Venomax too...now I'm excited to try it out. Didn't really know what it was.

The Venomax a good sized sample....half ounce jar. If you're only supposed to put a little bit on like I've been reading, the jar should last at least a month. Maybe? My moisturizer is a little more than an ounce jar, and easily lasts 4 months or so. 

....but did they really have to name it "Venomax"? Even though I did research to make sure there was nothing snake wise in it when I received a foil packet before, it still freaks me out and I can't seem to bring myself around to use it (yes, I know I'm strange but I suffer from snake phobia badly.  Since my tube is in holdup, I can only hope that I will get a different sample!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ....but did they really have to name it "Venomax"? Even though I did research to make sure there was nothing snake wise in it when I received a foil packet before, it still freaks me out and I can't seem to bring myself around to use it (yes, I know I'm strange but I suffer from snake phobia badly.  Since my tube is in holdup, I can only hope that I will get a different sample!
Hahahaha...if you think about it too much, it does seem kinda gross. Though in my mind, nothing will beat (as far as disgustingness) the mask that had something like snail slime in it that Glossybox sent out a few months back! I still have my fingers crossed that I'll get the Venomax.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hahahaha...if you think about it too much, it does seem kinda gross. Though in my mind, nothing will beat (as far as disgustingness) the mask that had something like snail slime in it that Glossybox sent out a few months back! I still have my fingers crossed that I'll get the Venomax.
okay, the snail slime actually made my stomach do a couple of loops, lol... I'm such a baby! Perhaps, I just don't really understand the power of the Venomax because I saw comments during my research and there was praise after praise over it....... Me on the other hand, had never heard of it before getting the foil pack. It was so awful for me, I sat there for the longest time just holding the packet, not knowing whether to sling it across the room or what. I kept reading the name of it and looking at the picture on the packet. I swear, I was almost in tears and I actually called my husband at work freaking out, I mean totally freaking out about it. He had to tell me to calm down so he could understand me but that I had to do it quickly because he was in the middle of something. Once I explain to him, he just starts laughing at me and told me to just throw it away........ I remember gushing that I just didn't want to waste it but I didn't want to use it either. Needless to say that he was getting such good laugh that I hung up and promptly called my mom. I just knew she'd understand because she has the same phobia and when I was growing up, I used to laugh at her for being so afraid. Anyways, she starts to freak out also and begging me to not use anything like that on my skin. After I calmed down a bit, I did a search online but other than finding out that it didn't have actual snake venom in it, I still don't understand what it's really for. When my husband came home from work, I still had him throw the packet in the trash for me.   Honestly..........the older that I get, the dumber that I seem to be getting.  Which brings me to my next long story which pretty much went the exact same way above with my husband except that he was here and then me calling my mom.... Yesterday, I received a package from Beauty Brands which contained what I thought was my BIG find! They have the Hempz lotions, body washes, shampoo and conditioner on sale for a really good price and after reading tons of wonderful comments about them, I felt that I had to try some at the sale price...... Now it didn't dawn on me what Hempz seed was so when I'm looking at my products last night and noticed the plant picture on the bottles, then read that it should be kept out of reach of children, I questioned my husband. He told me that I was importing drugs across the state lines. You can only imagine me going off the deep end and freaking out. I called my Mom and she freaked out with me, telling me not to use it in my hair or on my skin because it might could hurt my memory (what little I have left) and that I should call the company as soon as they open today. To shorten a long, long story........ I then did research and found out "once again" that my fear was for nothing...*stupid husband to get me all upset and thinking that I could go to jail because of buying some hair and body products*!

Oh, my gosh, beach16sm...you gave me such a laugh! The image of you holding the foil packet of Venomax and freaking out enough to have to call for help! So funny (laughing with you, not at you). And then the Hempz thing...I have some Hempz self-tanner (sucks by the way, do not recommend) and didn't think twice about the ingredients. Don't get so traumatized by beauty products! It's supposed to be fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh, my gosh, beach16sm...you gave me such a laugh! The image of you holding the foil packet of Venomax and freaking out enough to have to call for help! So funny (laughing with you, not at you). And then the Hempz thing...I have some Hempz self-tanner (sucks by the way, do not recommend) and didn't think twice about the ingredients. Don't get so traumatized by beauty products! It's supposed to be fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I agree.... I really need to dig myself out from underneath that rock I've been living under! This site has taught me so much but it's also made me spend a lot more money than I should... Thank you for warning about the Hempz self-tanner. I'm hoping that the shampoo and conditioner will work well with my hair. The body wash in Jasmine, Peach and Wild Rose smells great even though I haven't tried it yet. I did try the Citrus Blossom Herbal Body Moisturizer and it's amazing, I can't stop sniffing it because it smells so wonderful!

Mmmh I wonder what my extreas will be.Ii will put them up for trade if they don't interest me, so keep a look out. It was supposed to get to me yesterday but with the snowcapolypse happening and the city apparently still learning hopw to plow a damn street I will be lucky to get it sometime next week.

Sorry for the rant, I just had really long commute times from and to work this week.

Quote: Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my tube today!  Had all the contents as above PLUS

There was also a June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask  in the tube itself.  My Beauty to Go extras were: a foil of DDF moisturizing dew, Immunocologie treatment cream, Lumene firming day cream, and a mini ybf lipgloss in beachberry!  ( always excited to get lip products)
The extras really helped improve the tube for me.
thumbsup2.gif
  Of course I should never come back to this thread lest someone else gets something I covet more and gives me tube envy!
icon_lol.gif

I got the same extra's except

I got 90 second wrinkle reducer from Hydroxatone instead of the Immunocologie.

Several of these items are repeats for me: June Jacobs, Morocca oil body butter, and mally eyeliner (except this one is navy, I already have a black and silver one). But they're all pretty great products so I don't mind the repeats that much. 

I love the candle!!
Updated with piiiictuuuures!

Comparing size of the YBF with my Jouer from Birchbox,  YBF is slightly bigger.

Quote: Originally Posted by mckondik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my tube today!  Had all the contents as above PLUS

There was also a June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Mask  in the tube itself.  My Beauty to Go extras were: a foil of DDF moisturizing dew, Immunocologie treatment cream, Lumene firming day cream, and a mini ybf lipgloss in beachberry!  ( always excited to get lip products)
The extras really helped improve the tube for me.
thumbsup2.gif
  Of course I should never come back to this thread lest someone else gets something I covet more and gives me tube envy!
icon_lol.gif

This is the tube I received as well. I'm quite happy with these extras as the preview video on YT was making me a bit apprehensive.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got the same extra's except

I got 90 second wrinkle reducer from Hydroxatone instead of the Immunocologie.

Several of these items are repeats for me: June Jacobs, Morocca oil body butter, and mally eyeliner (except this one is navy, I already have a black and silver one). But they're all pretty great products so I don't mind the repeats that much. 

I love the candle!!
Updated with piiiictuuuures!

Comparing size of the YBF with my Jouer from Birchbox,  YBF is slightly bigger.

Same color of eyeliner. Got the exact same items besides the blue tube in the right of your picture. Got a lipgloss in a glass instead. Brand starts with a D.... I have to look it up. Nice size and berry color.

In case anyone cares........ I REALLY want my tube!!!! Called the other day about status but they said because I was billed after Christmas it was shipping later for me and I just needed to wait for the FedEx notice by email........... grrrrrrrrr but still no notice of it even being shipped (most of you know that once we actually get the email from FedEx, we still have to add on about 2 weeks for it to even start moving). Sometimes, I wonder if the person at the other end of the phone has ever had to wait ions for a package, lol!

Got my tube today. I'm super-happy I got the Venomax as one of my extras, as well as the YBF Gloss and the Lumene cream. I did have the same issue with the volumizing powder that others have had, where it seems to have leaked out. I wasn't going to use it anyway. And I know many will disagree with me here, but I absolutely HATE the fragrance of the candle! I was annoyed with the fact that we were getting a candle in the first place (it is called New Beauty Test Tube for a reason, isn't it?), but I'm even more displeased with how much I hate the smell of this thing. The last time they sent us one of these (some kind of pine-like scent), I hated that, too. I wish they'd stick to beauty products.

Ok so I finally looked it up. One of my extras was a Dalton lipglos in a glas jar. Really nice size. I got the other lip gloss too. Any one else get the Dalton?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ok so I finally looked it up. One of my extras was a Dalton lipglos in a glas jar. Really nice size. I got the other lip gloss too. Any one else get the Dalton?
I got it, in my tube prior to this.  It's really pretty I just wish it came with a brush.  

I got my tube , really really wanted the venomax and ybf gloss instead I received the hydroxatone 90 sec wrinkle reducer, packette of the DDFdew, Lumene day cream and Dr, Dennis gross Alpha beta glow pad (Exfoliating self tanner) 10 towelettes...im bummed bc i have gotten the 90 sec out the butt and just received the ddr. gross in my blush box a few months back...NBTT gods were not on my side this time around!

@Ann Tucci I agree. I don't mind with lip balm but since this is like a gloss, I do not like to use my fingers for it.

I liked the box.  My extras were the YBF glass, Venomax, DDF lotion, & Lumene Firming Cream.  Loved the feel and smell of the June Jacobs mask.  My skin was so smooth afterward.  I wanted a texturizing powder.  The Revlon line plumper works for me.  The Moroccan Oil Body Butter has been amazing to use on my dry skin before bed, and the scent is growing on me. I really think 12 items for the test tube price is great!

Back