New Beauty Test Tube July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just got my tube, it won't go to waste, but it's really just repeats and no sample pack. at least the lumene is in medium this time, so better for summer. Biosilk is going on the trade list, since i don't color my hair.

Man what happened to testtube? It was my fav!!! And their cs is terrible. How the heck did she get her tube so fast? And why did she take so looong to go thru it! Lol! Sorry but just I'm let down again. Not her fault! Maybe qvc will have another good tube comming?

i did not get ONE SINGLE cosmetic item unless a Jergen's BB cream sample can be counted as a cosmetic item,.

I am so mad I could spit nails. The discount I had was for 40% off. Basically, it paid their extremely high shipping.

How do I reach a live person? I'm so mad about the skin care samples I received I have to talk to these people. This is just a total rip off. RIP OFF. Every item says " Not for sale" meaning that NB got the items free.

And did I mention that most of my items look OLD?

I got one product in the girl's video and that was, of course, the leave in hair treatment which I have no use for whatsoever, as I have great hair.

And don't anyone attempt to tell me that a makeup brush by some company called " IT" is worth $50. I will never believe it.

RIP OFF. TOTAL AND UTTER RIP OFF!!! Cancelling immediately and they are going to hear from me!!

I called their CS and complained about the skimpy drugstore brand samples that fit in my hand and no cosmetic products. 

The CS lady said she would call me back after she talked to the "publisher".  Ask me if I'm holding my breath. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So, I got my box.

Maybe I'm easy to please but I liked it.  Those itCosmetic brushes are straight up HEAVEN and I love all the ones I have (yes, they're expensive, I know, but I like them!).  But I'm new to the Test Tube so I don't have repeats.

My sister in law really wanted the Biosilk when I opened the box with her so I let her have that.  Jergens and Dove are silly but useful for travel.

I wish there was the ToGo bag like last time.  La Roche Posay is a good brand, right?  I've never used them so this should be a nice introduction. 

I got this box at a discount so it was absolutely worth it for me just for the itCosmetics brush and the StriVectin.  Plus, I'm not going to lie, I've wanted to try that Revlon Wrinkle Filler...

:D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that's very weird, this tube you are describing is all repeats from the past, but not the same tube i got. i wonder if they are purging...

Are there usually multiple variations for the test tube? I'm a pretty new subscriber, but it seemed like the May tube had standard contents for most people. This time there seem to be two distinct July tubes. I received the contents that are in the video posted previously (teeth whitening pen, dove shampoo, biosilk protector, lumene cc cream, etc) but now I see some people received a different tube with a brush and Revlon wrinkle treatments. Is this usual?

Are there usually multiple variations for the test tube? I'm a pretty new subscriber, but it seemed like the May tube had standard contents for most people. This time there seem to be two distinct July tubes. I received the contents that are in the video posted previously (teeth whitening pen, dove shampoo, biosilk protector, lumene cc cream, etc) but now I see some people received a different tube with a brush and Revlon wrinkle treatments. Is this usual?
I honestly feel like they are trying to get rid of a few of the items they have had for a while. While I have seen variation, this was usually only in a polish color or inthe sample packets, at least in the last tubes I don't remember any variations but that one.

I honestly don't want to talk this subscription down but we are all paying for trying something new and I recall hearing about the repeat thing when I started and not worrying about it because I was new. I wonder if they get large batches of samples and rotate some after so many months in the hopes that new customers don't notice and old ones don't remember or don't say anything because of one new and amazing items that's included. I had great tubes before, the last two however (including this one) have been a lot of repeat items. I wonder if now they are getting rid of older items before they receive batches of new samples. Again, it's just an assumptionbut something that has been on my mind. I am curious to see what I will be receiving.

I feel totally ripped off because my products are so TINY and because there were way more drugstore brands than premium brands. The one premium branded item I received is in a very dark tan color, which is what they were probably able to get from Amore- Pacific as leftovers.

Here's what I got:

1 full sized Biosilk leave in hair conditioner which I DO NOT need and WILL NOT USE but was told they don't customize at all so tough luck Size 5.65 oz

1 etremely ordinary makeup brush in an overly large size for anything but powder and given some ridiculous price by New Beauty.

The little bag of Dove shampoo and a conditioner sample which MIGHT wash my husband's hair ( he's almost bald) 1 fl. oz each

LaRoche Posay Mela- D Foaming Cleanser Cream 15 ml ( half a fl. oz)-

This is a drugstore brand in case anyone is unclear on that.

Revlon Age defying Wrinkle Remedy 12 ml ( less than half an oz)

Stri-Vectin Get Even Brightening Serum 30 ml ( which is one fluid ox)

Jergen's BB cream drugstore sample  in the correct shade of LIGHT- 30 ml ( 1 fl oz.)

AND, last but not least, the piece de resistance- something I really would have liked and used if it wasn't dirt colored-

Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact ( basically a sponge sitting on top a clear tiny box of powder.

Did I mention that the powder is in the shade of TAN BLUSH, whereas I am in the shade of Light to Light Medium at best? So it's unusable unless I bake in the sun, which isn't going to happen. 

Yeah, they totally sent leftover crap they got for free from manufacturers. I am really upset.

New Beauty has also moved and changed the " Feedback page". It's just a bunch of premium brand names now.. No way to review products or the TT in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly feel like they are trying to get rid of a few of the items they have had for a while. While I have seen variation, this was usually only in a polish color or inthe sample packets, at least in the last tubes I don't remember any variations but that one.

I honestly don't want to talk this subscription down but we are all paying for trying something new and I recall hearing about the repeat thing when I started and not worrying about it because I was new. I wonder if they get large batches of samples and rotate some after so many months in the hopes that new customers don't notice and old ones don't remember or don't say anything because of one new and amazing items that's included. I had great tubes before, the last two however (including this one) have been a lot of repeat items. I wonder if now they are getting rid of older items before they receive batches of new samples. Again, it's just an assumptionbut something that has been on my mind. I am curious to see what I will be receiving.
IMO, if they are going to " get rid" of old samples, then they should have a big sale like Sample Society did. Or, overfill our tubes and the shipping box and give us new products in the tube and the pitiful drugstore samples I received in my tube in the shipper. No one would care. It's JUNK!!

Mine has not received a shipping update since info. was sent to Fedex on 6/25/14.   I half expect it to just show up sometime soon...

Mine has not received a shipping update since info. was sent to Fedex on 6/25/14.   I half expect it to just show up sometime soon...
New Beauty is looking through the drugstore $1.00 item bins for your lovely premium samples and gorgeous can't live without products right now. 

They are DOGS. Total and utter DOGS of a company. I truly hate the way their CS treated me when I called, too.

IMO, if they are going to " get rid" of old samples, then they should have a big sale like Sample Society did. Or, overfill our tubes and the shipping box and give us new products in the tube and the pitiful drugstore samples I received in my tube in the shipper. No one would care. It's JUNK!!
Still waiting to see the tube in person. Still could kick my butt for not cancelling two months ago as I had planned, it really is my own fault for falling for it again. Seeing your list, I will be giving most away. I don't use Dove on my hair. Remember the Pantene shampoo and conditioner a few months back? Had me speechless. Not to sound snobby or anything but the items I have most enjoyed in the past were the Orly Nail Polish, the Tarte Blush and that's honestly all of the memorable I tems I can think of, which is pretty sad.

Is the brush the huge powder It brush? I was happy to get it because it seems nice quality but I really only used it once or twice. I use liquid foundation and a finishing spray. Any of the lovely MUT folks an idea what else I can use it for?

My point is, I know there usually are one or two items I can't or don't like to use because of the ingredients or the shade. It happens. But gettingthe same items I won't use over and over again is pretty frustrating.

Yeah mine said shipping info received 6/25 as well but only that they received the infor and not that the tube is actually moving. I am guessing it will get to me by the middle of next week.

Still waiting to see the tube in person. Still could kick my butt for not cancelling two months ago as I had planned, it really is my own fault for falling for it again. Seeing your list, I will be giving most away. I don't use Dove on my hair. Remember the Pantene shampoo and conditioner a few months back? Had me speechless. Not to sound snobby or anything but the items I have most enjoyed in the past were the Orly Nail Polish, the Tarte Blush and that's honestly all of the memorable I tems I can think of, which is pretty sad.

Is the brush the huge powder It brush? I was happy to get it because it seems nice quality but I really only used it once or twice. I use liquid foundation and a finishing spray. Any of the lovely MUT folks an idea what else I can use it for?

My point is, I know there usually are one or two items I can't or don't like to use because of the ingredients or the shade. It happens. But gettingthe same items I won't use over and over again is pretty frustrating.
To me, the IT brand brush is strictly a  powder or foundation brush. It does not have enough definition ( is domed instead of angled) and is too large to be a blush brush. 

A friend of mine said she was using another new brush of this size ( 2 in one month for me now) to smooth the edges of her K- cosmetic masks. The kind which are made of linen sheets and conform to your face pretty snugly for 10-15 minutes.

I guess if one of us was concerned about touching the edges of that sort of mask, one could use it for that.. I wash my hands before applying any cosmetic or treatment so I'm not squeamish about touching a tiny part of a mask.

Otherwise, it will go in my huge brush collection. I have two of the older ( slightly larger) all pink Test Tubes cut in half which I store my brushes in with the bristles upright. I may rethink the containers now.. I'm seriously PO'd at New Beauty.

So my tube arrived today....... I am just totally confused about the whole concept this month because mine was not what I was expecting at all. I had been sort of dreading it from what others were getting. Granted, there were tons of variation going around this month but it seems that they did work hard to make sure most everyone (except for an item or two) got a tube that they hadn't yet. I am kind of worried about this sub because (a) either they're clearing everything out because of trying to get products used before they expire; ( B) they are not able to get enough products since they've switched to the every two month release; or © the totally bizarre explanation could be that since there's a team that test every product before they decide what should go in, maybe there was a couple of amazing products and they used them all up for themselves, rofl..... that was supposed to be funny!!! I side more towards a combination of reasons a and b because of a bit of a switch up with my tube. It included the Laura Geller eyeshadow (same color as everyone else); Philosophy Hope In a Jar lotion; Bliss body wash; Yon-Ka Skin Hydrating Cream; Dove Oxygen shampoo & conditioner; Biosilk Color Therapy; and here's the switchup... in the booklet it says that it should be Lumene CC cream but instead in my tube it was the Lumene  Firming Night Cream. Even though several of these items, I've already gotten in past QVC Beauty tubes, I am actually perfectly fine with everything especially the Yon-Ka, I had seen that in a You Tube video from one of the past tubes and was bummed that I had missed it....... Perhaps, none of my conclusions are correct and they just have so many subscribers that they just can't possibly make everyone's tube the same...... I just don't know what to do because a part of me can't help but to be weary of the randomness of this sub especially with the price of it, yet the other part is delighted as heck to have a sub that doesn't have the tiny mini sample items that some do................ Anyways, that's my two cents worth, now that you're probably bored to tears, go have an amazingly awesome weekend!!!! **toodles**

Hmm...so I received some different products...this is what I got:

- Laura Geller Eye Primer (which I've received in a Tube before and don't even use the one I received) 

- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Body Lotion (which I've also received before, and the previous one is still on my bathroom sink counter about half used)

- Bliss Soapy Suds Body Wash (also have received before, but good for travel and I like the smell)

- Yon-Ka Masque No. 1 (I do love trying new face masks, so I am excited about this one)

- Dove Shampoo & Conditioner (I try to only use sulfate free shampoos, so I probably won't use it, but good for travel)

- Biosilk Color Therapy (I love the previous Biosilk item they sent and use it all the time, so I will probably like this one as well. However, I don't even have colored hair, but I'm sure it'll still be fine)

- Lumene Night Cream (have received this before. My mom loves Lumene stuff, so I'll just give it to her)

So pretty disappointing, and I don't regret cancelling even though I didn't receive everything what the spoilers had said. Although watch, now that I cancelled they'll send out a SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic in the next box! I've been dying to try it but don't want to spend $160 on something I'm not positive I'll like!!

Back