New Beauty Test Tube July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally love the it Cosmetics powder brush and use it every day.  New Beauty actually had it listed as $10 less than the price I saw it for at Ulta.

I never expect a company to cater to my skin color though I prefer they would not include items that are that specific to skins.  New Beauty isn't the first company to do it.

Of course I didn't pay full price because they sent me a coupon.  If I had paid full price maybe I would be upset.  If they send me another coupon, I'll get the next one, too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But this was only my second tube so there were no repeats for me at all and I don't get sub boxes to avoid drugstore brands.  I know a lot of people hate getting "drugstore brands" in their sub boxes but it doesn't bother me.  A Revlon mascara can be just as good (or heck, better!) than Be A Bombshell and i didn't like the Benefit one I got in some sub or other at.all.  Which is good to know, of course.

But I'm a pretty relaxed type of person so that might have something to do with why I liked this tube, too.  I try not to expect too much from my boxes.  Then I'm always happy and surprised with what shows up.

I personally love the it Cosmetics powder brush and use it every day.  New Beauty actually had it listed as $10 less than the price I saw it for at Ulta.

I never expect a company to cater to my skin color though I prefer they would not include items that are that specific to skins.  New Beauty isn't the first company to do it.

Of course I didn't pay full price because they sent me a coupon.  If I had paid full price maybe I would be upset.  If they send me another coupon, I'll get the next one, too :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But this was only my second tube so there were no repeats for me at all and I don't get sub boxes to avoid drugstore brands.  I know a lot of people hate getting "drugstore brands" in their sub boxes but it doesn't bother me.  A Revlon mascara can be just as good (or heck, better!) than Be A Bombshell and i didn't like the Benefit one I got in some sub or other at.all.  Which is good to know, of course.

But I'm a pretty relaxed type of person so that might have something to do with why I liked this tube, too.  I try not to expect too much from my boxes.  Then I'm always happy and surprised with what shows up.
The thing is-- I was expecting this company to give me a Laura Geller mauve eye cream pen, and some of the other things she got in the video. I was expecting New Beauty to still provide the types of things they did 2-3 years ago when I was subbed, the box came every 3 months and it was a TREAT and a JOY to open and use.

Now, it's fallen so far down that it cannot get up. It's a total mess.  And because the main subscription box blogger on the Internet will NOT post a bad review about anything, I do freel like those of us who have stayed HONEST have to tell it exactly as we see it.

I realize that viewpoints are different based on our histories with a certain box or company, and I think you are about the sweetest person in the world to like what you got. It doesn't ": shame me" into liking my TT though.

The company has just requested to send me another tube, the one shown in the video here. You betcha they can. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And because the main subscription box blogger on the Internet will NOT post a bad review about anything, I do freel like those of us who have stayed HONEST have to tell it exactly as we see it.
OMG!!  I thought I was the only one who was bothered by this!!  I mean, I know we are all different and we all have our own opinions but I feel like it's pretty much impossible to actually think every box is wonderful!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! 

I just emailed with Whitney Williams who is the Project Manager for SANDOW industries, which is the parent company for New Beauty.

Here's what I found out:

They sent me a " welcome TT:" whereas the blogger's review posted on page 2 is a FULL regular TT .

Because I was a subscriber in the past, ( I still have a full TT that is all pink if she wants photos) they are sending me the REGULAR PRODUCT TT.

I will get at least 4 full sized items. And she apologized that this happened. 

THANK YOU to the person who posted the video, and THANK YOU to Nikki who made the video. 

I'm resubscribing to New Beauty ( after this shipping window has passed-  I don't want two of the same tube by mistake LOL).

I hope my info will help someone else.

Don't ever give up if what you get is not what you think is equitable in value to other peoples' same box. I feel very strongly about this.

I also want to post the PHONE NUMBER for New Beauty.

It's 561.961.7790 and at this point in time, Whitney Williams is the person who is responsible for the Products.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just emailed with Whitney Williams who is the Project Manager for SANDOW industries, which is the parent company for New Beauty.

Here's what I found out:

They sent me a " welcome TT:" whereas the blogger's review posted on page 2 is a FULL regular TT .

Because I was a subscriber in the past, ( I still have a full TT that is all pink if she wants photos) they are sending me the REGULAR PRODUCT TT.

I will get at least 4 full sized items. And she apologized that this happened. 

THANK YOU to the person who posted the video, and THANK YOU to Nikki who made the video. 

I'm resubscribing to New Beauty ( after this shipping window has passed-  I don't want two of the same tube by mistake LOL).

I hope my info will help someone else.

Don't ever give up if what you get is not what you think is equitable in value to other peoples' same box. I feel very strongly about this.

I also want to post the PHONE NUMBER for New Beauty.

It's 561.961.7790 and at this point in time, Whitney Williams is the person who is responsible for the Products.
I'm getting the Welcome Tube you mentioned.  Seriously not happy.  I started my sub on 6/29, was sent tracking on the 9th that said it was initiated on the 3rd.  The shipping info didn't update after 72 hours, so I emailed them.  I received this response:

"Unfortunately, we do not have further information regarding your package as it is now with Fedex.  It appears they have not updated their website at this time, but you are welcome to contact them directly for any potential information they may have.  We apologize for the inconvenienve [sIC]."

So I called FedEx, who managed to hang up on me twice, and explained the situation.  Their rep was very patient with me and explained the way Smart Post works and was able to tell me that no, FedEx did NOT have the TT and that I should contact the sender.

So I did.  The woman on the phone was very helpful.  She explained that I wasn't getting the July tube, but rather the same 'Welcome Tube' mentioned above.  These will not be going out until this week and shipping info should be updated at that time.  I asked why the person who emailed me back couldn't have told me this.

She couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me what was in the welcome tube and when I asked about the chances of getting a Beauty to Go bag she said no go.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This whole thing just frustrates me.  What a waste of time.

I'm getting the Welcome Tube you mentioned.  Seriously not happy.  I started my sub on 6/29, was sent tracking on the 9th that said it was initiated on the 3rd.  The shipping info didn't update after 72 hours, so I emailed them.  I received this response:

"Unfortunately, we do not have further information regarding your package as it is now with Fedex.  It appears they have not updated their website at this time, but you are welcome to contact them directly for any potential information they may have.  We apologize for the inconvenienve [sIC]."

So I called FedEx, who managed to hang up on me twice, and explained the situation.  Their rep was very patient with me and explained the way Smart Post works and was able to tell me that no, FedEx did NOT have the TT and that I should contact the sender.

So I did.  The woman on the phone was very helpful.  She explained that I wasn't getting the July tube, but rather the same 'Welcome Tube' mentioned above.  These will not be going out until this week and shipping info should be updated at that time.  I asked why the person who emailed me back couldn't have told me this.

She couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me what was in the welcome tube and when I asked about the chances of getting a Beauty to Go bag she said no go.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This whole thing just frustrates me.  What a waste of time.
Well, I have posted the list of what was in my tube one page back.  I go into great detail about how small the sizes are and how dark one item is which should have been for most skin tones but isn't.

So, if you want to know, just read back a page. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IF this isn't what you thought you would get, then I strongly encourage you to phone them. 

They never sent a half- azz tube out before because a person was " new". THOSE are the customers you want to impress the most. It's not like we are new ( or re-subscribers) who asked for and received a FREEBIE Test Tube.

We ordered our products in GOOD FAITH, with the reasonable expectation that our merchandise would be comparable in value to the products shown in the video on page two of this thread. If you use these legal terms, there is a very good chance that if you include the You Tube link, you WILL be sent the regular Test Tube.

What they have done is a bat and switch. We paid for a Test Tube, not a mini test tube or a sample from Test Tube.

As I said, I fully believe in our right to ask for the products we have purchased and which OTHERS did receive.

Learning to pursue this type of matter in a constructive way and see results teaches women better negotiating techniques and also gives us a stronger self- confidence. It is NOT begging, being rude, or being pushy to ask to be treated in an equal manner with regard to products sent.  If they had not replied to me, I never would have looked back at them. As it stands, if they do follow through with the standard issue products, I will resubscribe. As for people who've been with them a long time getting repeats of FULL SIZED products, as long as they were used and liked the first time, I really do NOT think it is a company's place to have to entertain me with all new products.

I am learning through the Memebox experience that there will be many dupes of products because they sell several different types of Memeboxes. I am just fine with receiving the same skin care or beauty product if I used it and liked it already. 

I think New Beauty may be going through a transition period, I'm not sure, but there's a chance that they may coule through stronger and better than ever. We have a say in what they do and how they treat us as customers, whether new customers or established customers.  Maybe they need to know that what they are doing with the tiny samples for new customers is not the norm for sub boxes. The only way they will know is if people are vocal and do speak out.

If something's wrong and people say nothing, then they really have no reason to complain that month, or if things don't improve in the future. Like I said, I am 180 degrees from being a " sheeple".

Well, I have posted the list of what was in my tube one page back.  I go into great detail about how small the sizes are and how dark one item is which should have been for most skin tones but isn't.

So, if you want to know, just read back a page. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

IF this isn't what you thought you would get, then I strongly encourage you to phone them. 

They never sent a half- azz tube out before because a person was " new". THOSE are the customers you want to impress the most. It's not like we are new ( or re-subscribers) who asked for and received a FREEBIE Test Tube.

We ordered our products in GOOD FAITH, with the reasonable expectation that our merchandise would be comparable in value to the products shown in the video on page two of this thread. If you use these legal terms, there is a very good chance that if you include the You Tube link, you WILL be sent the regular Test Tube.

What they have done is a bat and switch. We paid for a Test Tube, not a mini test tube or a sample from Test Tube.

As I said, I fully believe in our right to ask for the products we have purchased and which OTHERS did receive.

Learning to pursue this type of matter in a constructive way and see results teaches women better negotiating techniques and also gives us a stronger self- confidence. It is NOT begging, being rude, or being pushy to ask to be treated in an equal manner with regard to products sent.  If they had not replied to me, I never would have looked back at them. As it stands, if they do follow through with the standard issue products, I will resubscribe. As for people who've been with them a long time getting repeats of FULL SIZED products, as long as they were used and liked the first time, I really do NOT think it is a company's place to have to entertain me with all new products.

I am learning through the Memebox experience that there will be many dupes of products because they sell several different types of Memeboxes. I am just fine with receiving the same skin care or beauty product if I used it and liked it already. 

I think New Beauty may be going through a transition period, I'm not sure, but there's a chance that they may coule through stronger and better than ever. We have a say in what they do and how they treat us as customers, whether new customers or established customers.  Maybe they need to know that what they are doing with the tiny samples for new customers is not the norm for sub boxes. The only way they will know is if people are vocal and do speak out.

If something's wrong and people say nothing, then they really have no reason to complain that month, or if things don't improve in the future. Like I said, I am 180 degrees from being a " sheeple".
I totally scoped your list and figured out the 'value'.  Thank you so much for listing it!  While it seems there is overwhelming value when you look at the dollars, it's what is actually of value to the masses that's important.

Sure, I'll be happy with a new makeup brush, but I would never spend 48 bucks on a brush when I can get decent brushes at Ulta -- usually BOGOHO.

I think my problem is that I don't want to receive brands that are 10-ish bucks at CVS.  If something catches my eye and it's around 10 I'll gladly snag it and try it.  But when I am spending nearly 40 bucks on a tube of what are supposed to be high end products, I want to try things I wouldn't normally buy on my own.  And yes, I also understand that I can stop by Sephora and snag some samples, but sometimes Sephora overwhelms me (lol).  I think it's their bright lights on the fragrance wall!

I agree with you -  I will absolutely voice my opinion about what ends up in my tube if I feel it's crap.  

Maybe I can stomach the cheaper items in BB or ipsy because I'm only in for 10 and my expectations are pretty low - I'm generally happy with what I get.

And yes -- if I'm new subscriber I want to be courted a little bit.  "Here's a bonus item thanking you for joining us," or at least a truthful email regarding shipping.  When I received the email on the 9th that said it was ready to ship, I don't really think of that as, "yeah, it's ready on a Thursday, but we may not ship it out until Friday of next week."

I'm going to try to forget about this box and act surprised when it shows up.

Although watch, now that I cancelled they'll send out a SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic in the next box! I've been dying to try it but don't want to spend $160 on something I'm not positive I'll like!!

There are some brands that dupe SkinCeuticals formulas and sell them for less than 50$.

http://www.amazon.com/20%25-Vitamin-Ferulic-Acid-Serum/dp/B0036BI56G/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1405406280&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Serum-Combination-Antioxidant-Treatment/dp/B00163JVJQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1405406429&sr=1-2

So, I was going through my sub emails and cancelling a few so I can buy a lot more Memeboxes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In so doing, I discovered that New Beauty Test Tube are the same people running the new BeautyDNA product subscription.

While you only get 1 or 2 full sized products with BeautyDNA, mine have been really nice.

I know they are the same because Whitney Williams is the contact person for both subscriptions. She is very nice. I just realized why I knew her name in yesterday's many Test Tube emails. It's from our lovely phone conversation about my preferences with BeautyDNA. 

Live and learn, eh? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is akin to the Dermstore putting out the Blush Beauty Mystery Bag every month. Blush is a division of Dermstore, but they don't try to hide it like New Beauty Test Tube and BeautyDNA might be..

Ok, someone please help me understand! I subscribed on July 7 for the July/August test tube. After reading the reviews on this page, I went ahead and cancelled the account for any future shipments because it looked like it wasn't going to be as great of a sub as I originally thought. I was charged right away for the tube and assumed it was going to be shipped right away because of all of the reviews that have been posted. I just called to find out what the situation was, and customer service told me that July/August hasn't shipped out yet, it will begin shipping later this month. So, are the above reviews and the youtube video for the July/August or are they for a past tube? And what is this about a "welcome tube"? I am so confused!

Ok, I went back and read the entire thread, I think I understand now. I just need to wait and see what I get. If I end up with the "welcome tube" I will be calling them to see if I can get the "regular tube". I had read such good things about this tube, I was so excited and subscribed with the promo code before reading this thread. Now I wish I had waited for the next tube. I did already cancel, but maybe will try again next time depending on what happens.

Hmm...so I received some different products...this is what I got:

- Laura Geller Eye Primer (which I've received in a Tube before and don't even use the one I received) 

- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Body Lotion (which I've also received before, and the previous one is still on my bathroom sink counter about half used)

- Bliss Soapy Suds Body Wash (also have received before, but good for travel and I like the smell)

- Yon-Ka Masque No. 1 (I do love trying new face masks, so I am excited about this one)

- Dove Shampoo & Conditioner (I try to only use sulfate free shampoos, so I probably won't use it, but good for travel)

- Biosilk Color Therapy (I love the previous Biosilk item they sent and use it all the time, so I will probably like this one as well. However, I don't even have colored hair, but I'm sure it'll still be fine)

- Lumene Night Cream (have received this before. My mom loves Lumene stuff, so I'll just give it to her)

So pretty disappointing, and I don't regret cancelling even though I didn't receive everything what the spoilers had said. Although watch, now that I cancelled they'll send out a SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic in the next box! I've been dying to try it but don't want to spend $160 on something I'm not positive I'll like!!
I got the exact same items except that the Yon-Ka lotion was a different one. I have to say there are a lot of good size items in here. the only thing thta truly bothers me that i would have wihsed for a different make up item than primer and the Dove products. i liked the night cream the last time and I will take the body was for the pool where we swim laps almost daily to get rid of the nasty chlorine smell. Oh I also had an anti age serum foil packets. That and the anti-age lotion are going to my mum.

GREAT news!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a " real live" UPS tracking number for my replacement tube. Weight is 3 lbs. The first one couldn't have weighed 1 lb. 

It comes tomorrow. I am thrilled to pieces to be getting the full sizes of the Ole Henrikkson eye gel, the Laura Geller mauve eyeshadow primer/ shadow and actually, the Lumene ( I hope that's the brand name) BB cream, even if it is a drugstore brand. 
I LOVE BB creams.. My skin has no spots, marks, scars, or anything so I use them quite often and love them. 

I've gotten samples which were so tiny I couldn't see expending the effort to try to get the product out of the 3/4 empty sample tube or container ( Jouer, Dr. Jart ) but a full sized one is a welcomed treat. Also, the color is "light". Just right for my use.  Or, I guess I could get the Lumene night cream, reading the comments above. I guess I will, actually.

The Ole'Henrikkson product has a retail value above the price of the tube, I'd think, as it is said to be full sized. Also, Laura Geller makes awesome primers. I love her face primer products. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hmm...so I received some different products...this is what I got:

- Laura Geller Eye Primer (which I've received in a Tube before and don't even use the one I received) 

- Philosophy Hope in a Jar Body Lotion (which I've also received before, and the previous one is still on my bathroom sink counter about half used)

- Bliss Soapy Suds Body Wash (also have received before, but good for travel and I like the smell)

- Yon-Ka Masque No. 1 (I do love trying new face masks, so I am excited about this one)

- Dove Shampoo & Conditioner (I try to only use sulfate free shampoos, so I probably won't use it, but good for travel)

- Biosilk Color Therapy (I love the previous Biosilk item they sent and use it all the time, so I will probably like this one as well. However, I don't even have colored hair, but I'm sure it'll still be fine)

- Lumene Night Cream (have received this before. My mom loves Lumene stuff, so I'll just give it to her)
This is what I received but my Yon-Ka product was a moisturizer. I contacted TT about the missing CC cream (since it's in the brouchure for the month it should have been included IMO. This is the reponse I received yesterday:

We are very sorry to hear you did not receive this product.  We will contact our warehouse for a replacement item.  The Lumene CC Cream may or not may be available, but we will send a comparable item if it is the latter.  We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
So if anyone else is missing the CC cream it's worth a shot to email them about it. They responded within a day which was nice. I'd had a candle leaking fragrance oil (weird but it was) and a crusty product in the Jan tube and they sent me out an item I prefer overall compared to the two damaged ones and it had a retail value higher too. So they do seem to want to make it right when something happens.

Again, it's time for me to tell the really positive things that Test Tube has done. 
I received my UPS shipped ( reg, UPS, not the PO drop off kind) replacement tube today.

I received the Dove shampoo samples of course, and another foil packet of some product called " Facelift" which I think everyone received and which I doubt I trust enough to use and:

Laura Geller waterproof eye shadow in Mauve- full sized, says can be a primer, but it's dark enough on my hand where I swatched it and then forgot it to make me think I have a healing scar when I glance at it. Not primer color but gorgeous and on- trend shadow color which I probably would never have bought on my own. I love it!!

Smilesactives teeth whitening pen- Full sized. My husband was watching with interest as I un-tubed all these things, so I tossed him this item. I have no need for it, but he will use it.

Algenist cleanser- I really like the brand as it is an all- natural brand and don't have any of their products currently so was glad to get it. Large- ish sized sample.

Ole' Henriksen eye gel- I've gotten this from Sephora.com in sample packages before and I love it. For the brand, this is a medium large sample. Very cooling for the summer. I like the brand and love clear eye gels as the oil is very low to non-existent. I will probably buy this or a comparable product soon in full size as I am frustrated by not being able to use moisturizing products in my eye area because of wearing contact lens ( have conditions which aren't correctable with laser surgery).

Lumene CC cream- full sized product in light shade. I definitely will use this, especially in the winter, as it is even a bit light for me, which is almost impossible. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Biosilk color therapy lock and protect- this is full sized and is a different Biosilk product than I received in the " punishment sample" tube. 

Shout out to Whitney Williams for her awesomeness.  THANK YOU to TT's CS and Whitney in particular!

Well, I just received my first tube in the mail...it appears to be the "welcome test tube".  I will be calling/emailing to see if I can get the regular tube.  I have already cancelled this subscription, but I am so aggravated!  This was my first and last tube at this point!

Well, this is the email I received back from New Beauty. They are not going to send me a different tube. This makes me think I might cancel my Beauty DNA membership as well. Hello Lynn,

Thank you for contacting NewBeauty TestTube Customer Care.

We are very sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your TestTube. We make no guarentees regarding which products each member will receive as the nature of the program is that of a sample program besides that which is listed in the booklet received with your package. That being said, 4 different TestTubes were mailed to members based on their date of joining the membership. Some items included were similar while others were different, but all TestTubes range close to the same value. This is something fairly new we have tried, and appreciate your feedback regarding this change as it will help us determine whether we will repeat it.

We apologize for any inconvenience as our intention is never to be deceitful, and we hope you give the membership another try in the future.

Should you require further assistance, please contact us at [email protected] or 800-313-0210.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Your friends at NewBeauty TestTube.

Well, this is the email I received back from New Beauty. They are not going to send me a different tube. This makes me think I might cancel my Beauty DNA membership as well. Hello Lynn,

Thank you for contacting NewBeauty TestTube Customer Care.

We are very sorry to hear you were dissatisfied with your TestTube. We make no guarentees regarding which products each member will receive as the nature of the program is that of a sample program besides that which is listed in the booklet received with your package. That being said, 4 different TestTubes were mailed to members based on their date of joining the membership. Some items included were similar while others were different, but all TestTubes range close to the same value. This is something fairly new we have tried, and appreciate your feedback regarding this change as it will help us determine whether we will repeat it.

We apologize for any inconvenience as our intention is never to be deceitful, and we hope you give the membership another try in the future.

Should you require further assistance, please contact us at [email protected] or 800-313-0210.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Your friends at NewBeauty TestTube.
They are freaking blowing smoke. That welcome TT is a "punishment" tube and we know it and they know it.

Call and ask  to speak with Whitney Williams. I believe she will make it right for you. The second I said that  had been a member for a very long time in the past, she said that she could upgrade my tube to a regular one, then she asked what I wanted in it. ( So have a list ready)  I DID threaten to cancel Beauty DNA along with NB TT. 

It gets results, but Whitney is the person who is in charge of the products for both. I don't try to intimidate CS people, but I was SO mad about what I received that I would gladly have sacrificed Beauty DNA. ( I know my posts reflect my state of upset at the time. I was so used to nice products in NB TT). 

It's worth a try for sure! I am going to call tomorrow. I emailed back again and listed off the products I was excited to try. Their response was they do not trade out product just because someone isn't happy. I will try one more time!

Back