New Dessert Sub: Orange Glad!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had bought a 3 month subscription. I decided to not continue after my three months were up. But I just received a statement showing that they've continued my subscription and charged me for another three months. I totally missed that you had to cancel or they'd renew the subscription that you'd previously purchased.

Oh I hope mine goes out for delivery today too! It's at the post office! But I get it delivered to work and if I don't get it today I won't get it until Monday!  Noooo!

I got mine last night... and the entire box may or may not have been eaten within an hour,,,,,,,,,,,,Don't judge me. It's been a very stressful week! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ohhh, what was in this months?

S'mores CrispyCake - Delicious! Chocolate Covered Peanut Brittle, English toffee, Vanilla Belgium Waffle, Chocolate Mint Chip cookies

They just randomly charged me for another 3 month subscription despite my not even receiving December's box yet. NOT HAPPY WITH ORANGE GLAD RIGHT NOW.

Yeah every month I've been charged for the next month around the 12th or 13th and the current months box goes out shortly after. It's weird. I canceled last month so Dec will be my last box.

I forgot that I'd originally subbed with a 3 month auto renew - and then I won their double your sub contest so the last three months were free. Imagine my surprise when I was re-charged. My own fault though. But I think they auto-renew with whatever sub level you had initially.

FYI they fixed it. If you're thinking of subbing to this box, remember that they renew you the day you signed up. So since I apparently signed up on the 12th in September for a 3 month subscription that didn't officially start 'til October they charged me for another 3 months on Dec. 12th. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me but whatever. Also, if you sign up for several months they will renew you for several months at a time, just like Birchbox, so beware.

Other than that, the treats are delish. I'm just doing budget cuts so this random charge freaked me out!

Received the last box of my 6 month sub today....I will not be renewing, but I really enjoyed all the boxes so far. I will probably be back in the future, when all the sweets from the holidays are finally finished.

Here is what was in this months box...

They have new packaging...a much smaller box that is sent in a priority mail bubble envelope.

1. Fairytale Brownies - Qty 2 - Toffee Crunch and Original (my product card says Dark Belgian Chocolate...not sure if that is the same as original, but I sure hope so!)

2. Funky Chucky Chip-Z el-Pop - Chips, pretzel, pop corn mix with chocolate and caramel

3. Donsuemor - Classic madeleines

4. Newark Nut Company - Chocolate covered mini oreos
I like the mix of classic and new/interesting products this month. 3 of the 5 products should be eaten within 3 days, so looks like I will be enjoying some yummy desserts tonight!

Quote: Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved the crispycake!! Does anyone want to trade theirs? I'd love to get some more
smile.gif

What is so good about this "crispycake"?

I am in Canada and wondering what the hype on these are?

I usually make my own and know a few stores/places here make some that they sell (like coffee shops).

usually I put vanilla bean paste in my rice crisp cakes at home and am wondering what else this place adds??

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What is so good about this "crispycake"?

I am in Canada and wondering what the hype on these are?

I usually make my own and know a few stores/places here make some that they sell (like coffee shops).

usually I put vanilla bean paste in my rice crisp cakes at home and am wondering what else this place adds??
I am not a fan of them. They have WAY too much marshmallow for my or my husbands taste. We could hardly finish one over 3 days. So the one from PopSugar and last months Orange Glad were given away. I think a lot of people like the extra marshmallow and they are huge too! The vanilla bean you use sounds wonderful!!

Quote: Originally Posted by naturalactions /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am not a fan of them. They have WAY too much marshmallow for my or my husbands taste. We could hardly finish one over 3 days. So the one from PopSugar and last months Orange Glad were given away. I think a lot of people like the extra marshmallow and they are huge too! The vanilla bean you use sounds wonderful!!
I just went to check the brand and it is Neilsen-Massey and made in the US.
Think I paid $15 for a 100 gram jar.

Mine is due tomorrow.  Will try to post what came.  I still need help with doing a spoiler that can be clicked upon.

I just realized I never saw spoilers for last month, so I looked it up on Instagram. Holy awesome box! I didn't renew my sub last month because barely anything from the previous boxes got eaten. I would have liked everything in the January box. Rats!

Back