NEW Product: Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquers (aka Apocalips)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy wow. These look like a better version of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, which I loved except for the fact that they were a teeny bit chalky. I wound up not picking any more up. THESE BABIES, WHOAAAA. I'm in trouble on payday. I want these for my kit AND myself.

Originally Posted by Airi Magdalene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Holy wow. These look like a better version of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, which I loved except for the fact that they were a teeny bit chalky. I wound up not picking any more up. THESE BABIES, WHOAAAA. I'm in trouble on payday. I want these for my kit AND myself.
the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams are a bit dry but these aren't! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I would suggest picking some of these up.

Originally Posted by laguilar12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The lady in charge of cosmetics was so nice and brought the box from the backroom to the counter so I could pick what I wanted, so I got first dibs at the new products!!!

Happy dance 
yess.gif
 Lol. I ended up getting Apocaliptic, Stellar and Celestial.

lucky! I am still looking around here for those! 

HELP!  

So, I was dying for Show Off in Big Bang, and I ran out today after work to treat myself to it. Then, disaster struck!

There were 2 Big Bangs left and BOTH had broken seals
icon_frown.gif

I asked the girl working the cosmetics counter and she rather nonchalantly replied, "it's fine, we'd never let anyone use a product".  I asked her if I could look and see if it had been used and she said yes, so I opened it. The inner tube had ZERO product on it when I first opened it, which made me think it hadn't been used.. I pulled the wand all the way out and immediately got product on it. 

What do you think?  Is it safe, or should I return it?  I panicked and bought it because she said they wouldn't get anymore for a month!  I think I'm mostly convinced it'll be OK, but I wanted to ask you ladies for your opinions!

HELP!   So, I was dying for Show Off in Big Bang, and I ran out today after work to treat myself to it. Then, disaster struck! There were 2 Big Bangs left and BOTH had broken seals. 
icon_frown.gif
I asked the girl working the cosmetics counter and she rather nonchalantly replied, "it's fine, we'd never let anyone use a product".  I asked her if I could look and see if it had been used and she said yes, so I opened it. The inner tube had ZERO product on it when I first opened it, which made me think it hadn't been used.. I pulled the wand all the way out and immediately got product on it.  What do you think?  Is it safe, or should I return it?  I panicked and bought it because she said they wouldn't get anymore for a month!  I think I'm mostly convinced it'll be OK, but I wanted to ask you ladies for your opinions!
I'd say it hadn't been used then. I bought seven and each one that I opened would make the liquid fill at the top! So if there was none, then I don't think it was used!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd say it hadn't been used then. I bought seven and each one that I opened would make the liquid fill at the top! So if there was none, then I don't think it was used!
Thank you!!  I used it and I didn't spontaneously combust, so I'm ok thus far..hahah. 

I am ALWAYS so late posting pics lol.....but I figured a bunch of you wouldn't mind seeing what some of these colors look like on!

So here is my dramatic interpretation of APOCALIPS (PIC HEAVY, BE WARNED)

STARGAZER - Always with a twinkle in her eye (and on her lips)

NUDE ECLIPSE - a very obscure individual, with a little bit of a dark side

LUNA - bright, whimsical and maybe a liiiiittle bit Lune-ey (yes, yes I know it's spelled looney)

NOVA - full of life and spirit, nova is your go-to girl

APOCALYPTIC -  get it her way...and there will be destruction and catastrophe....seriously....just don't do it.

STELLAR - the star of any show (and life), this fierce, feisty piece of work is a hand-full (but the star of handfulls, of course)

BIG BANG - awe-inspiring and classic, the most powerful color that stirs emotion, from beginning to end, she captures imagination

I am ALWAYS so late posting pics lol.....but I figured a bunch of you wouldn't mind seeing what some of these colors look like on!

OMG.. Thank you for doing this and also.. Darn you!  Now I want Luna and Nude Eclipse, too!  Ack!

I got Big Bang because I didn't think I'd like any of the others, but they look so pretty on you!

LUNA - bright, whimsical and maybe a liiiiittle bit Lune-ey (yes, yes I know it's spelled looney)

APOCALYPTIC -  get it her way...and there will be destruction and catastrophe....seriously....just don't do it.

STELLAR - the star of any show (and life), this fierce, feisty piece of work is a hand-full (but the star of handfulls, of course)

BIG BANG - awe-inspiring and classic, the most powerful color that stirs emotion, from beginning to end, she captures imagination

I'm loving Apocalyptic, Stellar, and Big Bang. Yep, I must be in the mood for the dramatic ones. Plus, I love how these look with fair skin.

Love this thread! 
rotfl.gif

I embarked on Mission: Apocalips this evening and lucked in to an almost full display at the Walgreen's near my mother's house. I picked up Solstice, Galaxy, Apocaliptic, and Out of This World. I ripped the plastic off of Solstice as soon as I got in my car and put it on. To. Die. For. 
wub.gif

It was all I could do not to jump back out of the car and go snatch up all of the rest. I will definitely stop by again tomorrow to pick up Stellar and Aurora. 
smilehappyyes.gif

great job girl! They all look gorgeous on you! Loooove the Luna and Stellar - I MUST find these!!!!

lol you're adorable!! you should be one of those people who comes up with descriptions for products! I'm especially loving apocalyptic and big bang

Wow these look great. I hope I can find these when I'm in the states on the weekend. I have my eye on Nova, Apocalyptic and Stellar.

Originally Posted by ewiggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG.. Thank you for doing this and also.. Darn you!  Now I want Luna and Nude Eclipse, too!  Ack!

I got Big Bang because I didn't think I'd like any of the others, but they look so pretty on you!
Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm loving Apocalyptic, Stellar, and Big Bang. Yep, I must be in the mood for the dramatic ones. Plus, I love how these look with fair skin.
Originally Posted by ooj4cki3oo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

great job girl! They all look gorgeous on you! Loooove the Luna and Stellar - I MUST find these!!!!
Originally Posted by mspocket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol you're adorable!! you should be one of those people who comes up with descriptions for products! I'm especially loving apocalyptic and big bang
Haha, thank you ladies! I had much, too much fun with them. They really are fantastic, I could go on and on about them!  and YES sleepykat, I agree, they are awesome shades for fair skin! Actually most of shades I think would be gorgeous on a wide variety of skin tones.

I was down in San Diego this weekend and I stopped at a Walgreens to buy some snacks and I couldn't help myself, I had to look for the Rimmel display and to my surprise it was full! I HAD to buy "big bang" since I loved all the other bright colors, I need help LOL 

Originally Posted by laguilar12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was down in San Diego this weekend and I stopped at a Walgreens to buy some snacks and I couldn't help myself, I had to look for the Rimmel display and to my surprise it was full! I HAD to buy "big bang" since I loved all the other bright colors, I need help LOL 
You HAD to...seriously....important business
smilehappyyes.gif
Absolutely!

True to my word, I went back to Walgreens and bought Stellar and Aurora. I also picked up Celestial while I waited for the registers to come back online after a power surge. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Oooh those look so pretty on you! I really want Luna, Big Bang, and Stellar now! And probably Stargazer too.  I guess I need to go search the nearest Walgreens after my no buy for this month is over.

I found a FULL display in Mason, OH. Just a little north of Cincinnati! I picked up Solstice, Apocalyptic, and Celestial.

Back