NEW Product: Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquers (aka Apocalips)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually surprised they don't stain because they're so pigmented, especially the brights. They smell exactly like the Freeman's Cucumber face mask to me which is a really weird scent for a lip product LOL

Honestly, my favorite lipstick/stain is the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks. I don't know why they don't get more hype in the beauty community because they seriously don't budge! Once it dries, it's set and doesn't transfer at ALL. I'll put it on in the morning, work, eat, drink, and still have to remove it with a makeup wipe at night. The only downside to them is they are very matte (they have metallic ones though those aren't my cup of tea) so I use a good gloss over them when I don't want matte lips lol

Do we know if/when they are getting released in other drugstores? I'm dying to get my hands on the last three on my wishlist. 

I dropped by Walgreens today and picked up Big Bang but it's been opened and possibly used :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't realise the safety sticker had been broken (it looked intact since it's perforated and breaks evenly when you twist the cap) until after I'd paid and left, ugh.

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dropped by Walgreens today and picked up Big Bang but it's been opened and possibly used :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't realise the safety sticker had been broken (it looked intact since it's perforated and breaks evenly when you twist the cap) until after I'd paid and left, ugh.
Awe. I seriously will never understand that. I'm always finding lipsticks opened and used, but yet left on the shelf. I could never in good conscious do something like that and leave it in the store. 

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awe. I seriously will never understand that. I'm always finding lipsticks opened and used, but yet left on the shelf. I could never in good conscious do something like that and leave it in the store. 

Aw, that's sad and gross. I'm sorry that happened to you, norther.

JessicaMarie, I couldn't do that either. But many people don't have a good conscience; we all have a little conscience naturally, but it has to be trained to be an effective conscience.

I haven't seen any of these in person yet, but I haven't searched, either, since I've been spending too much on nail polish.

Final mission success! I found a Walgreens with ALL the colors and have Stargazer and Solstice! My little collection is complete!

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Final mission success! I found a Walgreens with ALL the colors and have Stargazer and Solstice! My little collection is complete!

I am soooooo jelly of you right now. I wish I had the energy to go to another Walgreens. Solstice is one of the three I need and then collection complete. Well except for Light Year because I don't think it would flatter my skintone. 

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am soooooo jelly of you right now. I wish I had the energy to go to another Walgreens. Solstice is one of the three I need and then collection complete. Well except for Light Year because I don't think it would flatter my skintone. 

For me it's a vacation activity!  There is only 1 Walgreens within an hour's drive where I normally live, but where I am now (visiting family) there's one every 2-3 miles!  So it's no big for me to pull into 3 different Walgreens on my way to somewhere.  I had seriously given up on these two, but I went thrift shopping with my mom yesterday (yup, that's our special mother-daughter time!), and happened to see a Walgreens on our way to another shop.  Mom thought it was hilarious that I freaked out all excited about finding two lipglosses.

I also bought Light Year (as a sad substitute when I couldn't find Stargazer) and it's waaaay too dark/brown on me. 

For me it's a vacation activity!  There is only 1 Walgreens within an hour's drive where I normally live, but where I am now (visiting family) there's one every 2-3 miles!  So it's no big for me to pull into 3 different Walgreens on my way to somewhere.  I had seriously given up on these two, but I went thrift shopping with my mom yesterday (yup, that's our special mother-daughter time!), and happened to see a Walgreens on our way to another shop.  Mom thought it was hilarious that I freaked out all excited about finding two lipglosses. I also bought Light Year (as a sad substitute when I couldn't find Stargazer) and it's waaaay too dark/brown on me. 
It's like the hunt that went down for the LE Maybelline Color Tattoos that came out in summer...you'd think the makeup angels on high were singing the sweet song of success when you found the shades you wanted!!! (I'm looking at YOU Seashore Frosts) lol

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me it's a vacation activity!  There is only 1 Walgreens within an hour's drive where I normally live, but where I am now (visiting family) there's one every 2-3 miles!  So it's no big for me to pull into 3 different Walgreens on my way to somewhere.  I had seriously given up on these two, but I went thrift shopping with my mom yesterday (yup, that's our special mother-daughter time!), and happened to see a Walgreens on our way to another shop.  Mom thought it was hilarious that I freaked out all excited about finding two lipglosses.

I also bought Light Year (as a sad substitute when I couldn't find Stargazer) and it's waaaay too dark/brown on me. 
It's like the hunt that went down for the LE Maybelline Color Tattoos that came out in summer...you'd think the makeup angels on high were singing the sweet song of success when you found the shades you wanted!!! (I'm looking at YOU Seashore Frosts) lol Haha!  And it's always that last trip when I've dramatically given up on EVER finding my dream item... then I nonchalantly walk into a Walgreens (always a Walgreens!) and lo and behold... it's a makeup miracle!

(Speaking of Seashore Frosts... used it as a base yesterday under GDE's Dirty Jeans, with Fiji Mermaid in the crease/outer corner... holy sparkly awesomeness, it looked like a peacock came to nest on my eyelids!  I wanted to run up to people and yell "Look at my makeup!" all day long!)

It's like the hunt that went down for the LE Maybelline Color Tattoos that came out in summer...you'd think the makeup angels on high were singing the sweet song of success when you found the shades you wanted!!! (I'm looking at YOU Seashore Frosts) lol
You should see me the instant I find a new essence trend edition.  If I don't find *every single thing* that I want at the first store** I find it at, I will drop all plans for the weekend and go to every Freddy's in the area (and I live within three miles of at least four of them and within ten miles of probably at least a dozen more) until I get it all.  I don't even want to *think* about how much I spent on gas money just to get the cherry Fruity lip balm, and that isn't even a color item.

**  The only stores in this area that have the trend editions are Fred Meyer stores.  Ulta doesn't even carry the full line, and Walgreens doesn't seem to carry it at all, although they're on my shit list right now because of that beauty box rebate-ish thing.  They keep insisting that I need to wait six to eight weeks after submitting the request, which would be fine if it wasn't for the fact that it has been FOUR MONTHS already.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha!  And it's always that last trip when I've dramatically given up on EVER finding my dream item... then I nonchalantly walk into a Walgreens (always a Walgreens!) and lo and behold... it's a makeup miracle!

(Speaking of Seashore Frosts... used it as a base yesterday under GDE's Dirty Jeans, with Fiji Mermaid in the crease/outer corner... holy sparkly awesomeness, it looked like a peacock came to nest on my eyelids!  I wanted to run up to people and yell "Look at my makeup!" all day long!)
I now suddenly want to do this....LOL.....Hey You!
att.gif
YOOOOOUU.....LOOK! LOOKIELOOKIELOOKIE! My MAKEUP!
icon_eek.gif
I'm having a GOOD makeup day! Recognize!
patches.gif

Haha!  And it's always that last trip when I've dramatically given up on EVER finding my dream item... then I nonchalantly walk into a Walgreens (always a Walgreens!) and lo and behold... it's a makeup miracle!

I now suddenly want to do this....LOL.....Hey You!
att.gif
YOOOOOUU.....LOOK! LOOKIELOOKIELOOKIE! My MAKEUP!
icon_eek.gif
I'm having a GOOD makeup day! Recognize!
patches.gif

Haha there are days... sometimes only the fact that I have this website to brag about my makeup successes keeps me from having harassment charges filed against me! 
policeman.gif
 "No Officer, I swear, she just kept yelling about how her eyelids looked like peacocks.  And how I needed to recognize the work she did in getting ombre lips.  And her... HG... BB... cream? You reckon she was speaking another language?"

Back