NEW Product: Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquers (aka Apocalips)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need these!! I may have to stop at walgreens today, hopefully they end up at cvs and ulta later. 

Originally Posted by pinkgemini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found a FULL display in Mason, OH. Just a little north of Cincinnati! I picked up Solstice, Apocalyptic, and Celestial.
I found mine in Northern KY (just a little south of Cinci!)  Cinci Walgreens FTW!

Originally Posted by BeautyLoverIT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh those look so pretty on you! I really want Luna, Big Bang, and Stellar now! And probably Stargazer too.  I guess I need to go search the nearest Walgreens after my no buy for this month is over.
Thanks! Yeah, I seriously think these are my favorite lip products EVER!

Going to take a second look tonight. Went right when I saw this thread a few weeks ago and nothing. </3

Oh gosh, how did I JUST find out that they were released in the states?! I have been waiting months for these to come out. Like seriously, every time I'm in a store, I look at the Rimmel section to see if they've been released. I'm so excited. I'm totally going to the Walgreens by my house later when I go on a Target run. But if that one doesn't have it, I'm completely prepared to bust a mission tomorrow and go to all the ones in practical distance. My fingers are crossed majorly to find them, 'cause usually it takes awhile for things to pop up around here 

I keep seeing pictures of Nova and thinking, "Ooh!  I need that one!"  The problem with this:  I'm usually thinking this *while I'm wearing Nova*.  

Lol, I just ran out and added Stellar to my little collection. It just looks so amazing on everyone that posted pics! I can't believe what a perfect cross between lipstick coverage and gloss texture this stuff is. I have stoooopid lip freckles that make regular glosses look splotchy on me, but I love the way they feel in the summer. Best of both worlds =)

Finally found them! My dad and I were actually wondering if they were there the last time and I just missed them. They were literally shoved in the corner, away from all the other new products displays. I almost missed them again but ended up picking up four. I got Apocalyptic, Celestial, Luna, and Stellar. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally found them! My dad and I were actually wondering if they were there the last time and I just missed them. They were literally shoved in the corner, away from all the other new products displays. I almost missed them again but ended up picking up four. I got Apocalyptic, Celestial, Luna, and Stellar. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
ANOTHER Mission: Apocalips success!
goldcup.gif

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JessicaMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ANOTHER Mission: Apocalips success!
goldcup.gif

I am loving all these success stories!  Congrats, JessicaMarie!!! 
claps.gif

I'm not sure this goes in the right place but for those on the hunt Walgreens is offering 2000 points if you spend over $10 BEFORE taxes (I grabbed 2 of the glosses & it didn't work so I had to return them & add the a bottle of polish too). 

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(L-R) Stellar, Aurora, Apocaliptic, Galaxy, Celestial, Solstice, and Luna.

thought I'd share my swatches! LOVING these!!
Loving Solstice!  Thanks for swatching.

Well, I do like the color of the Celestial I have but the wear is not very good. I put it on about 15/20 minutes before a photo test session including some kissing with my fiance (like nice, cute stuff, not anything heavy :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) and when I got back in the car it was gone without a trace. I suppose I should look at it as giving coverage like a lipstick, but wears like a gloss. And it did seem to wear off evenly, too. Not something I will probably buy more of personally, but I like it okay.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am ALWAYS so late posting pics lol.....but I figured a bunch of you wouldn't mind seeing what some of these colors look like on!

So here is my dramatic interpretation of APOCALIPS (PIC HEAVY, BE WARNED)

STARGAZER - Always with a twinkle in her eye (and on her lips)

NUDE ECLIPSE - a very obscure individual, with a little bit of a dark side

LUNA - bright, whimsical and maybe a liiiiittle bit Lune-ey (yes, yes I know it's spelled looney)

NOVA - full of life and spirit, nova is your go-to girl

APOCALYPTIC -  get it her way...and there will be destruction and catastrophe....seriously....just don't do it.

STELLAR - the star of any show (and life), this fierce, feisty piece of work is a hand-full (but the star of handfulls, of course)

BIG BANG - awe-inspiring and classic, the most powerful color that stirs emotion, from beginning to end, she captures imagination

Oh they're all Gorgeous! Thanks for showing how they look on you, I'm almost as fair as you so it really helps. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(L-R) Stellar, Aurora, Apocaliptic, Galaxy, Celestial, Solstice, and Luna.

thought I'd share my swatches! LOVING these!!
Oh! I Love Celestial & Solstice! Hmm I also Love Apocaliptic and probably some more ...lol. Thanks for the swatches!

I couldn't find these anywhere near me so I ordered 3 from drugstore.com - they were $5.49 so I figured that was a decent price :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I got Apocolyptic, Nude Eclipse, and Celestial. Love them!!

It's funny there is a huge post about these lip lacquers because ever since I saw Fleur talk about the lovely red one on youtube, I have wanted them to come to the USA. I was looking everywhere for months when I finally saw them in my walgreens. I bought 4 of them thinking they were gonna be like the Loreal colour caresse shine stain and they aren't... not at all... they never dry into a stain. Yes, the color payoff is great, but they never set into a stain. I love stains and that's why I was so excited about these. Honestly, I'm disappointed. They have an unpleasant smell for one thing (weird melon) and they are sloppy. They never dry.

Any ideas for good glossy stains? I very much like the loreal stains. I only have one of them, I will get more as time goes on. I have tons of lip products.

Back