New Sub? Blush Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having watched the video, my guess is that the products shown (all intentionally blurry) aren't really the ones that will be sent out.

I hope to see what will be in this box. Definitely tempting but as what Playedinloops mentioned, aving had beautyfix for a year, their products are repetitive. Even tried one of those mystery bags, was surprised to see the same prods from the quarterly sub.

I got my mystery box today! Nothing looks like it is close to be expired or expired at all and I actually really like it. Here is what is inside:

Foot Petals Tiptoes : I actually needed these! There are 2 of them.
Dermstore Lip Quench 0.21 oz: I have 3 of them and I love them (but this might have been the extra mystery object in my package). 
GloSatin II Finish Sample (unknown amount): It is rather tiny but it was mislabeled and is way to dark for me. I might email them about it see if I can get one my color. 
Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester 15 0.17 fl oz: It is rather tiny and I don't even know what it is. So I'm excited to try it!
Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray 4 fl oz: This is full size and this is the brand who helped with UD's finishing sprays. I am excited for this as well.
SmartLash Eyelash Enhancer 0.16 fl oz: This looks to be full sized. It is always nice to have one of these laying around. 
Cattiva Mascara 13.5 ml: Full size and has an interesting bottle. It is encrusted with glitter and rhinestones. Definitely something to put in the purse to wow people. lol
Hera Argan Oil for Face and Hair 0.5 fl oz: I can never get enough Argan oil. It looks to be full size. 
Sorry for the bad pick. I don't have a camera. 

Hmmmmmmm........ Not what I was hoping for and does appear to be items used for BeautyFix too. Is this over $200 value? Mine is scheduled for delivery today too.

Glad you like your box! I think Beautyfix subscribers might be disappointed because more than one of those items are on the BF product list.

I don't know the value of each of the objects. I can do more research and find out to see if the value was in fact over $100 like they said. 

They advertised this intro box as having over a $200 value and following boxes $100 value.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you like your box! I think Beautyfix subscribers might be disappointed because more than one of those items are on the BF product list.
I think actually all of them are or have been at some point, no surprise there! 

So here are the monetary values:

GloSatin (I emailed them about getting one in my color): I am going to guess that the sample hold between 2 ml and 4 ml which equals between 0.068 fl oz and 0.135 since the whole one is 1.4 fl oz and $40. the sample = $2.00-$4.00.

Skindinavia: the packaging is different then pictured on the website but the value = $29.00
Foot Petals: Comes in a kit of 7 pairs for $34.95 so one pair = approx $5.00
SmartLash: this is full size = $125.00
Perricone MD: is this half the full size and it comes in a set of 4 at $120 = $15.00
Cattiva Mascara: it is on sale on the site for $19.20 (I don't know if this is a permanent sale or not)
Hera Argan Oil: not full sized like I thought. For what we have = $5.00

Total Value: $200.20-$202.20
It barely reaches over the $200 mark but for the $25 I paid for it, I think it was worth it. 

Wow, didnt realize price was so high on lash serum. Thanks for the info, still waiting on mail to come.

Originally Posted by Robinssa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, didnt realize price was so high on lash serum. Thanks for the info, still waiting on mail to come.
The list price for SmartLash may be high, but I use it regularly (it totally works!) and have never paid more than $30. There are deals available for it extremely frequently. One would be crazy to pay $125.

I got the exact same box:

I purchased the same eyelash enhancer from Dermstore in December, after accidentally whacking my lashes off. They were the size of a mascara brush, and they were back to normal in about 5 weeks, so I like the product, although did not need another one!  I paid about $30 for it.  I have bad eye allergies but zero irritation from this product.   The skindinavia spray and most of the stuff have been making the rounds on Beautyfix for some time, I had it before, so I was not excited. The only makeup was a mascara, boring.    Because of the real good lash enhancer that I will give my sister, I did not feel ripped off, but once was plenty for me, since I had no interest on The Beautyfix options lately.  Kudos for the awesome shipping, though! 
Originally Posted by zombielovrr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my mystery box today! Nothing looks like it is close to be expired or expired at all and I actually really like it. Here is what is inside:

Foot Petals Tiptoes : I actually needed these! There are 2 of them.
Dermstore Lip Quench 0.21 oz: I have 3 of them and I love them (but this might have been the extra mystery object in my package). 
GloSatin II Finish Sample (unknown amount): It is rather tiny but it was mislabeled and is way to dark for me. I might email them about it see if I can get one my color. 
Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester 15 0.17 fl oz: It is rather tiny and I don't even know what it is. So I'm excited to try it!
Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray 4 fl oz: This is full size and this is the brand who helped with UD's finishing sprays. I am excited for this as well.
SmartLash Eyelash Enhancer 0.16 fl oz: This looks to be full sized. It is always nice to have one of these laying around. 
Cattiva Mascara 13.5 ml: Full size and has an interesting bottle. It is encrusted with glitter and rhinestones. Definitely something to put in the purse to wow people. lol
Hera Argan Oil for Face and Hair 0.5 fl oz: I can never get enough Argan oil. It looks to be full size. 
Sorry for the bad pick. I don't have a camera. 

I got the same box with one exception.  I did not get the GloSatin II.  Instead I got a 0.17oz. sample of Pevonia Botanical exfoliating cleanser.

I'm pleased with everything that I got.  I'm especially interested to see if I get a noticeable difference from the lash serum.

I signed up for the box and received it today, I was happy to see the setting spray and since I hoard mascara's i'm always up for trying more so I went to re-read the email they stated it would be a $224 value, which it wasn't, I wish they would have just stuck with an over $100 value on the box description because that way expectations wouldn't get too high. I don't know how I feel yet about assigning the major value of the box on the lash grow serum ($125) especially after reading that they tend to offer it at a discounted price regularly. Somehow I feel that if they had thrown out the expensive lash grow system and replaced it with a blush or an eyeshadow from one of their many beauty brands it would have felt like a more complete box to me even if the value had stopped at $100. Just my thoughts on ways they could have presented this box differently, I know when I read and saw that little picture of all those things I said woah! $224 there's going to be a bunch of stuff in here, then I opened it and while I still went woah, it was also paired with a slight oh?

Glad I did not sign up.

I chose a couple of those items in Beautyfix already. And do not use lash serums- my lashes are really long already.

Beautyfix items I think are not all old stock, but they do not get many new items in the quarterly selection and when they do they go very quickly.

I'm pleased with Beautyfix so far- I am paying $150 for the year and get 4x $25 off $50 purchase coupons for some items I need and cost the same price at the pharmacy (need lots of Calagel for allergies...).

I like all of the contents and am glad that I only paid $25 because I wanted all of these things from beautyfix and it's only half of the price.

Of the eight products listed received I would have only been interested in 2-3 of them. The better value to me is Beautyfix and being able to choose my eight products even though it is more $. Did the blush box include a 25 off 50 coupon?

Back