New Sub? Blush Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of sounding stupid...... I am really confused as to the eyelash stuff. On every picture (the box and the card), there's an actual mascara wand brush with the little sponge thing at the end. Even the directions tell you to use both....... am I missing something because mine only has the sponge thing at the end of the applicator? Thanks for any assistance!

thanks for the review on the latte swirl....I still hope to get the rose one and not the coral...not that I loathe peach, but I would rather have the rose. 

I so hope I get a darker lip gloss and not a light pink one!

Quote: Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  At the risk of sounding stupid...... I am really confused as to the eyelash stuff. On every picture (the box and the card), there's an actual mascara wand brush with the little sponge thing at the end. Even the directions tell you to use both....... am I missing something because mine only has the sponge thing at the end of the applicator? Thanks for any assistance!

I was wondering the same thing. Not sure exactly how to use either. Not sure how full my Vitamin H tube was. It had a lot of air in it. Love everything else.

This isnt good ! I have to make my face brighter, not darker or more muddied looking. Im fair beige skin, I hope I can use it ! Im getting mine tonight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sg00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tested my broken one out just now. On my fair-medium skin, it's already too dark for a blush. The combo of bronze and pink-beige colors is gorgeous, but unfortunately gave me an awkward cross between fun-in-the-sun and sun-burnt. It may work better as a bronzer though.... that will be test #2 tomorrow! I imagine this may work best as a blush for someone with medium skin and up.

Quote: Originally Posted by sg00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine too! I just ripped open my package in excitement and came across a completely shattered mirabella :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I called up blush, and they were very quick to place in a replacement order... yay!

Same for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You didn't get a confirmation email for the replacement though did you? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get the email.

Im checking the IPSY forum too, but barely. It seems wrong to start so late on average mid month. Theres magic in a new month, and with IPSY the glam rooms and review and shipping , IPSY members have to wait a long time.

Im happy to find this forum and happy what Blush did in bumping up their timing so we can enjoy our makeup with a new month.

Anyone else have IPSY fatigue?

Hey, all.   I used to subscribe to Beautyfix, but that has been replaced by the Blush mystery box.  Haven't subscribed yet, but this month looks good.  I know there were codes in the summer, but does anyone have any that work now?  (e.g. $5 off of 25% off).

Thanks!!!!

Would anyone be willing to send me a referral for $10 off? Would love to try this box!

I am quite surprised. I was not interested in the mirabella because I was like "oh another too strong highlighter" and I was wowed that it was better than I thought. I must have got the lightest one because I had to layer it on to get a sheen which impresses me because things like the benefit watts up are too strong too fast.

The chella pencil I wasn't that keyed into either and I think I have a new romantic pairing with it. My problem is that I'm pale fair to the point that its a diamond in the rough if I can find something that matches my skin tone. This is perfect. Someone saying they use it as a concealer made me try it like that (I was worried that a highlighter would call attention to it) and I was very impressed. Definitely will be buying again.

Butter London always a plus. I already have Butter London Nail Foundation so I needed a butter london polish finally to cover it. 

The rest I'm like meh but it doesn't matter because of those three products. 

Quote: Originally Posted by bevin79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Would anyone be willing to send me a referral for $10 off? Would love to try this box!
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you one.  

I'll send you a referral email, but I'm pretty sure the person who sends the referral gets the $10.. not the person signing up.

Quote: Originally Posted by xchristina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll send you a referral email, but I'm pretty sure the person who sends the referral gets the $10.. not the person signing up.

they both get $10 off

Just got my box!  I can see why some of you ladies had a shattered product,  my UPS guy handed me a box that was completely crushed on one side, and there's nothing in the box preventing the products from getting damaged.  They should atleaast use some bubble wrap in here.  Luckily all my stuff shifted over to the non-crushed side.

I got the latte swirl Mirabella and the Hey Baby shade for the lipgloss (deep pink with purple tones).  The swatch they have the myface cosmetics website is laughably different from the way the lipgloss actually looks.  The lipgloss is pretty sheer, so the skintones they have it as (med/dark, etc.) doesn't necessarily apply.  I'm a medium and I think I can wear all the fair shades.

The latte swirl is too pigmented to be simply a highlighter, and as a blush it's very subtle on my medium complexion but it makes me look really healthy without looking like I have a lot of blush on since it matches my skintone pretty well.  The texture is amazing!  I love this product the most out of all the things we got in this box.

my box was supposed to come today but all I received was the nail polish remover wipes I ordered at the same time :-( but the blush box was listed on the packing slip.

Quote: Originally Posted by xchristina /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You didn't get a confirmation email for the replacement though did you? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to get the email.
I just got a confirmation email actually! I'm guessing you will soon as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by neighburrito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The latte swirl is too pigmented to be simply a highlighter, and as a blush it's very subtle on my medium complexion but it makes me look really healthy without looking like I have a lot of blush on since it matches my skintone pretty well.  The texture is amazing!  I love this product the most out of all the things we got in this box.
Jealous!! I almost want to tan a shade darker just so that I can use my latte swirl properly. I LOVE that it's not overtly glittery, which is my main gripe with highlighters, 

Quote: Originally Posted by sg00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Jealous!! I almost want to tan a shade darker just so that I can use my latte swirl properly. I LOVE that it's not overtly glittery, which is my main gripe with highlighters, 
I'm actually pretty surprised this box had my shades right,  I've gotten so many things from birchbox and glossybox for fair-skinned ladies.  Maybe you can save your highlighter to use in the summer, or vacation?

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my box was supposed to come today but all I received was the nail polish remover wipes I ordered at the same time :-( but the blush box was listed on the packing slip.
Did the slip say it was like 1 of 2 packages coming your way, or did it actually list the blush mystery box as an item in your box?  I would call them immediately if it's the latter.  Like everyone said here, they have amazing customer service.  There was probably a mad rush this month to get all the subs out and the packer probably missed the mystery box on your order form.

Hey! Sorry to post this here, but I'm a little unsure of where it should go...I got the Mirabella in "Glowing Coral", swatched it on my hand and I don't think it will work for me.  Where would I go to find potential swaps?  I searched for swap, but the thread that came up seemed pretty old....

Latest posts

Back