New Sub? Blush Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by neighburrito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just got my box!  I can see why some of you ladies had a shattered product,  my UPS guy handed me a box that was completely crushed on one side, and there's nothing in the box preventing the products from getting damaged.  They should atleaast use some bubble wrap in here.  Luckily all my stuff shifted over to the non-crushed side.

I got the latte swirl Mirabella and the Hey Baby shade for the lipgloss (deep pink with purple tones).  The swatch they have the myface cosmetics website is laughably different from the way the lipgloss actually looks.  The lipgloss is pretty sheer, so the skintones they have it as (med/dark, etc.) doesn't necessarily apply.  I'm a medium and I think I can wear all the fair shades.

The latte swirl is too pigmented to be simply a highlighter, and as a blush it's very subtle on my medium complexion but it makes me look really healthy without looking like I have a lot of blush on since it matches my skintone pretty well.  The texture is amazing!  I love this product the most out of all the things we got in this box.

Oh my,.... Im asian,  but I have fair skin, I hope I get a light colored one ! The mirabella seems to be the star of the package, (most expensive)  I dont remember the beauty quiz I did with Blush.. Tonight Ill find out.

I have medium skin, and I am still bouncing between rose & latte.  I do not want coral!!

arggggghhh, I won't find out until tomorrow evening!!

I just got my box today and I'M IN LOVE. I've only been a subscriber for 2 months but I did my research beforehand, and I think this is one of the best boxes yet! I got the Mirabella highlighter in Shimmering Rose and the lipgloss in 'Fair', which complement each other and makes it seem like the contents were put together deliberately (though they're probably not). I also think they improved the quality of the bag it comes in -- it used to be this cheap, cheesecloth-looking black material, and now it looks a little better quality, like made of cotton at least.

Quote: Originally Posted by pinkgirlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my,.... Im asian,  but I have fair skin, I hope I get a light colored one ! The mirabella seems to be the star of the package, (most expensive)  I dont remember the beauty quiz I did with Blush.. Tonight Ill find out.
Is the beauty quiz you are referring to the profile you fill out on dermstore, or are you referring to something else?  Do they tailor the boxes according to this?  Thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGlamGal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Is the beauty quiz you are referring to the profile you fill out on dermstore, or are you referring to something else?  Do they tailor the boxes according to this?  Thanks!

Was there a beauty quiz at sign up? Does anyone know?

I received the latte swirl and a darker med lipgloss. Not what I wanted ! I wanted pink and rose colors !  But Ill see how it works..

Hi, Ill give you one ! Please everyone its my turn ! I get credit for a referal, But just my luck, I cant load onto to the site !

Quote:

Originally Posted by daynpitseleh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm thinking about getting one- could someone PM me a referral code? Thanks!

Hi, Ill give you one ! Please everyone its my turn ! I get credit for a referal, But just my luck, I cant load onto to the site !

I can PM you my email address if that would help.

Quote: Originally Posted by daynpitseleh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm thinking about getting one- could someone PM me a referral code? Thanks!
Ok, I sent you a message, I got on the site. Hopefully Im the first to help you out...

Yes ! that would be great
biggrin.gif
My first referrel credit ! yay !

Was there a beauty quiz at sign up? Does anyone know?

I received the latte swirl and a darker med lipgloss. Not what I wanted ! I wanted pink and rose colors !  But Ill see how it works..
that is what I want!!  Crossing fingers...countdown to tomorrow.

the "quiz" is actually your profile and they ask if you have light, medium, dark skin (could be a couple of more options)

it isn't an indepth one nor does it ask what colors you like

Quote: Originally Posted by spwest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey! Sorry to post this here, but I'm a little unsure of where it should go...I got the Mirabella in "Glowing Coral", swatched it on my hand and I don't think it will work for me.  Where would I go to find potential swaps?  I searched for swap, but the thread that came up seemed pretty old....
Go to Groups along the Makeuptalk navigation bar, and then scroll down to Subscription Box Swaps Talk (Beta) and click on it.

I was told you are supposed to test the peel on your hand or arm first to be sure your skin is not too red.

Now I think the sample peel is very small, so not sure how you can do that....

Quote: Originally Posted by NaydeneM /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You look great! 40 is the new.... something! Heck I am going to be shhhhhh 47 in a couple of months. I look better now than I did at 30. I do wish I had my 25 year old skin though.... LOL
Not trying to sound too depressing, but at least it means you are still alive!

One of my relatives (aunt) was killed in a fire last year- it is pretty horrifying news and was in the newspapers here.

Her son set her bedroom on fire...and my aunt was wheelchair bound and can not get up by herself.......just horrible :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And for myself, I am lucky I missed being run over by a car escaping a robbery while waiting for the bus. If I had not been able to run quickly out of the way or not paying attention I would have been run right over as the car went up the sidewalk to the door of a house...

Anyways I'm 36, turning 37 in Nov.

I still mostly look the same...and have had challenging skin my whole life- no matter what I do, still break out at my jawline in the same spots-mother and sister have the same thing too....

Quote: Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not trying to sound too depressing, but at least it means you are still alive!

One of my relatives (aunt) was killed in a fire last year- it is pretty horrifying news and was in the newspapers here.

Her son set her bedroom on fire...and my aunt was wheelchair bound and can not get up by herself.......just horrible :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And for myself, I am lucky I missed being run over by a car escaping a robbery while waiting for the bus. If I had not been able to run quickly out of the way or not paying attention I would have been run right over as the car went up the sidewalk to the door of a house...

Anyways I'm 36, turning 37 in Nov.

I still mostly look the same...and have had challenging skin my whole life- no matter what I do, still break out at my jawline in the same spots-mother and sister have the same thing too....

Emgee, Im sorry to hear all this ! Life is tough, and wicked sometimes, I cant reason why this life can be so difficult, Saying goodbyes is heard, Death is evil to me, It seems like we should have been born as eternal co creators instead of helpless spectators in a world that can be psychotic

We lose loved ones, so many are crime victims and accident victims, Its amazing that many people still live long lives with danger around every corner

At least we arent living in the Sudan, parts of Africa that underwent tribal war. And the slums of India. We have relative peace here and can enjoy treating ourselves with makeup. Imagine all the billions of women with no makeup, no fashion, no sushi, no chocolate or ice cream, no television shows , no way to alleviate stress

One day we will all be together in heaven or a better world. At least we can enjoy each day as it comes.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  that is what I want!!  Crossing fingers...countdown to tomorrow.

the "quiz" is actually your profile and they ask if you have light, medium, dark skin (could be a couple of more options)

it isn't an indepth one nor does it ask what colors you like
Ah, thanks for explaining I know I would have called myself light complected, I dont know why I got the latte, it is beautiful though ! Looks like a shiny copper penny color. It is still in new condition and the lip gloss is unopened, if you dont get what you want, tell me if you want to swap . I would love to have the pinky or coral shades. The lipcolor is called lip pop and is a dark sparkly pink. I love lighter pinks personally .

I got my box today!

I got the Mirabella in Latte Swirl, which is the one I was hoping not to get...I can't decide if I want to try it (knowing that browns don't generally play well with my fair pink toned skin) or trade it or give it to my Secret Santa if it suits them...so for now, it's being put aside. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the lipgloss in Crazy in Love, which is a hot pink! It's so pretty! I don't want to open it yet since I have a ton of glosses open, but it's definitely a color I'd use. 

So excited about the Lipcils and the polish and the Theraplex!

I just signed up for my first box this month and loved everything but the lipgloss.  I received Maneater and it was too dark for me.  The BB creme was surprisingly not too dark!  I already tried the foot cream tonight and can't wait to see if it worked tomorrow morning.

I wonder why so many of us got the latte swirl?
I don't know! It really is pretty, I just think someone else with a different skintone would have better results with it. As much as I'd like to try it just to see what it WOULD look like on me, I don't want to open it if I don't think it'll look good!

Latest posts

Back